main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Gift (Starring my own OC: Xander Kenobi)My First Story!!![Feedback/Comments Needed] 11/29

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Xander_Kenobi, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    First of all, i'd like to thank my cuz EmilieDarklighter for all her help with this first part. Now, on to the other stuff ;)

Title : The Gift
    Rating : PG I guess
    Characters : Xander Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Ben/Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Disclaimer : Lucas is da boss, he owns it all, mesa no making any moola off dis viggie :D
    Summary : It seems like a ordinary day to Luke Skywalker when suddenly a mysterious ship appears carring a mysterious cargo...

Now, on with the viggie! :D

---------------------------------------------

It seems like a normal day at the newly formed temple on Yavin 4. All of the sudden, sensors pick up an unidentified ship entering the atmosphere. It is a beat up delivery speeder with only one lifeform onboard. Luke senses a familar presense and tells the gunner not to shoot it. It lands harmlessly in the Jedi Academy hangar. Luke, lightsaber at the ready, steps a few meters away from the access door. The door opens slowly and loudly. At first glance the figure seems to be humaniod and possibly, human. The figure walks slowly toward Luke. Luke, nerves twiching, ask who the tresspasser is. The figure says "I am Xander Kenobi, son of Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Luke sits meditating in his quarters. "How, how can this be?" he thinks silently to himself. Meanwhile, Xander dreams innocently on his sleepcouch. He is awoken by a voice he hasn't heard in a few days. "Hello again my son." Xander suddenly realizes who that voice belongs to. Standing there in front of him is none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi. While Xander was in space, fending off space pirates, his father was with him every step of the way. In fact, if it wasn't for his father's wisdom and courage, he would be space dust. "Yes father." Xander says respectfully. "Son, you have made it to Yavin 4. Luke Skywalker can help you more than I can now. Therefore, I give you a gift. In my current form I can't just hand one over...I have to become it."Obi-Wan states. "I don't understand. Will that mean I won't see your face again?" Xander asks. "Yes, but I can forge my spirt within it so you can have the wisdom I have whenever you posess it. And now I say good-bye my son. I am proud of you and I have a feeling your mother would be to." All of the sudden, Obi-Wan's face illuminated in a blinding light. Xander shielded his eyes instantly. Then the light vanished along with his father's presense. Where he stand, there was a metal stick of some sort. He bent down to obtain it. As he picked it up, He felt his father's touch that he felt a few moments before. He knew when he gazed at the stick, His destiny had suddenly changed.

(This is the "metal stick" I was talking about)

---------------------------------------------

Well, I hope to have chapter 2 up soon. 'Till then, I would like some feedback on this plz!!! :)

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Congratulations on your first story, it has great potential.

One question though, was that use of the present tense intentional?

3. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    umm, I think so :D I just type what comes to mind. :)

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah, not to insult your style of writing or anything, I am only trying to offer help and advice, but normally writers use past tense in their scenes.

It still has great potential though.

5. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    oh, I know, im just kinda new at this and need more exp. writing stories. :) Its okay.

6. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    uppity up up up

7. -JediKnight-

-JediKnight- Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2003
    Nice job for a first-timer!

8. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    Thanks -JediKnight- :D

9. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    up, I need more than 2 reviews ppl!

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    You'll get some in time. Try and give update notices on the thread with mentions of characters and the like. Readers will be attracted that way.

Plus if you go to Writer's Resource there is plenty of little societies you can join that will help you with readers.

11. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    thanks Spike2002

12. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
  13. Xander_Kenobi

Jul 25, 2003
    up(again, lol)

14. Spike2002