Beyond ~The Gift~ Talia Durron, K/J, TK/J, Allana, others***Update 25/04***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GoddessJainaSoloFel, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: ~The Gift~
    Author: GoddessJainaSoloFel
    Timeframe: 25 years after the NJO
    Characters: Talia Durron, Jaina Solo Durron, Kyp Durron, Tenel Ka Djo Solo, Jacen Solo, Allana Solo, others
    Keywords: K/J, TK/J, OC, AU
    Summary: As Talia Durron turns eighteen she wishes more than anything that she could have had the chance to know her parents. When her aunt and uncle give her a gift, she wonders just what she will find inside.

Notes: Except for Talia Durron who is my original character, any characters and other Star Wars related materials belong to George Lucas and not me . I'm just playing with his toys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Gift~

The morning light poured through the split in the blinds and bathed the bed in its warmth. The young woman beneath the plush covers rolled over, the light reflecting off the golden flecks in her otherwise chocolate brown hair fanned out over her pillow. She blinked her eyes open then rubbed them, chasing sleep away.

Now fully awake, Talia Durron stretched as she glanced at the chrono hanging on the far wall. Stang! The day?s half gone! She grinned as she remembered what day it was. Talia folded down the covers and propped herself up against the pillows. Absently twisting a lock of hair around her finger, she set up plans for the day. Shower, eat, and hang out with Aunty Tenel Ka and Uncle Jacen for a bit, then fly back to the Jedi Academy later tonight with Allana. Perhaps I?ll-. Any further thoughts were interrupted, her dark green eyes darting to the source of her distraction as the door to her room opened.

?Happy lifeday!? Her aunt, uncle, and cousin sang in unison as they entered her room and made their way over to her bed. ?Rise and shine sleeping beauty! You know you only turn eighteen once, Talia,? Jacen taunted. Then he just stared at her. At that moment he would have been willing to swear he was staring at his sister Jaina, except for a couple of unmistakable differences. She had her dad?s cheekbones and his ears. The most obvious difference was her eyes though. Talia?s eyes were the shape and shade of her father?s and when she was annoyed Jacen could see the same fire burn in them as he had often witnessed in Kyp?s. Apart from that, she was a spitting image of Jaina when she had been Talia?s age. Her hair was the same thick chocolate brown as her mother?s and she let it fall to half way down her back, her small nose was a feature she picked up from the Skywalker/Solo genes and she had also inherited the Solo lopsided grin which she had perfected before she could walk.

?What are you looking at, Uncle Jace?? Talia asked, staring right back, studying her uncle?s face. He wore his hair cut just above his shoulders with the ends framing his face. It was fairly thick and just a slightly lighter shade of brown then her own, however his was streaked with gray. There was the odd scar here and there but nothing really disfiguring. There were lines stretching out from around the corners of his eyes marking the effects of war and age.

Shaking himself out of his daze, he replied. ?Hmmm, oh nothing in particular. It?s just you look even more like your mother than usual except for your eyes? you have your father?s eyes.? He smiled at her. Sitting down on the edge of the bed next to Talia, he wrapped an arm around her drawing her close. ?You must get fed up of being told that all the time.? He smiled again, a smile full of warmth and love tinged with the slightest hint of sorrow.

Talia grinned, resting her head on her uncle?s shoulder and she looked up at her aunt. ?No, it?s nice to hear. I just wish I knew them. I hear all about them at the Jedi Academy, about what great pilots they were, what great Jedi they were, about what great heroes they were during the Yuuzhan Vong war.? She sighed, e
  2. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    SO!?!?! Whats in the box?!?!? Nicely done, looking forward to finding out more... :D
  3. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    That was really intresting
  4. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    and the box contains?? Jaina and Kyp died how??? too many questions for eleven in the morning on a Saturday. more soon?
  5. Durroness Force Ghost

star 1
    :( You killed Kyp and Jaina!!!

But it was great! I assume Talia was raised by Jacen and Tenel Ka then? and is everyone else still alive? And how did Kyp and Jaina die? I'm looking forward to more.
  6. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, what a great start to what looks like a great story... =D=
    I really need some K/J...the boards have been mighty light as of lately...:)

I have tons of questions too but I'm sure they will all be answered....

More soon?? [face_praying]

If you do PM's may I be placed on your list...Thanks...

FL @};-
  7. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very interesting, though I'm not sure why Tenel Ka and Allana would take Jacen's name when they're living in a matriarchal society.

Very interesting start.
  8. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Adalia-Durron: SO!?!?! Whats in the box?!?!? Ah, Talia will have a look in the box in the next post!

Nicely done, looking forward to finding out more... Thanks for reading! [:D] There'll be more soon! :)

G__Anakin: That was really intresting Thanks for reading!!! :)

Fireyforce: and the box contains?? You'll find out what's in the box when Talia looks ;)

Jaina and Kyp died how??? Talia will at some point discuss their actual deaths...you'll have to wait and see ;)

too many questions for eleven in the morning on a Saturday [face_laugh]

more soon? ...yeah more soon! :D

Durroness: You killed Kyp and Jaina!!! Erm, well, uh, ...no, not me. But you'll find out eventually what happened to them.

But it was great! [face_blush] Thank you!

I assume Talia was raised by Jacen and Tenel Ka then? Yes, that much I can confirm for you!

and is everyone else still alive? Possibly.

And how did Kyp and Jaina die? You'll see...in time you'll find out.

I'm looking forward to more. Me too! :D

Flowerlady: Oh, what a great start to what looks like a great story... [face_blush] Thank you!

I really need some K/J...the boards have been mighty light as of lately... I know what you mean!!! Where have all the K/Jers gone?!? :eek:

I have tons of questions too but I'm sure they will all be answered.... I'll do my best but feel free to shoot them out anyway...or PM them to me. Ya never know, it might just change the direction of the fic if you bring up something I'd like to add ;)

More soon?? ...soon!

If you do PM's may I be placed on your list...Thanks... I'll start a list for this fic right now and you're #1 :D Thanks for reading!!!

SilSolo: Very interesting, though I'm not sure why Tenel Ka and Allana would take Jacen's name when they're living in a matriarchal society. The only place that they'll be refered to as 'Solo' is in the character list at the top of the fic. It was referenced that way just to let potential readers know that Jacen, Tenel Ka, and Allana were a family unit. I know they would never go by the 'Solo' name in Hapan society. :)

Very interesting start. Thank you!!!

~*~*~

If any of you would like to be added to the PM list, please let me know! :)

~Goddess Jaina~
  9. Valley_Lord Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually they used the paternal surname as part of their names. Tnel Ka's full name I Tenel Ka Chume Ta'Djo (asuming of course, that Chume is the name of Ta'a Chume's house) so I think that would make Allana Solo Ta'Djo her full name.
  10. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think Chume is a royal title, as Isolder was called Chume da Isolder, so Chume was not the father's name. It's stated in Dark Journey and COPL that Isolder got the Chume da title after Kalen died. I can conclude at least that much about teh cultures after researching enough to get what I have for teh Hapes/Dathomir family tree.
  11. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome start=D=, but need more soooon[face_batting]
  12. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
  13. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    :_| Kyp and Jaina are dead!!!!!!

:_| Talia is very upset!!!!

This was a very sad chapter but great work!:) I love how you describe Talia's emotions, very well written!

I can't wait for more

meg
  14. dashleebo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow. That was excellent. I'm really liking your original character. I hope the fact I've never read the NJO won't make it too diffcult to follow the story later on. If so, I may have to ask a few questions.

Sorry my post was late.

I'd love to be on your PM list. :)

15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    great job goddess, i really enjoyed it last night.

along with the others, i too wonder what the box contains. looking forward to finding out.

you did a great job with this, very, very well written. expressive, and it feels as though this is an established character already. not an easy thing to do with an OC.
  16. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    Valley_Lord and SilSolo : Thanks for your input to the Hapan matriarchal/royal naming/society. It's been interesting to read. :)

PRINCESSCAMBRIA: Awesome start, but need more soooon Thank you!!! :) I'm glad you liked it! More coming soon! :)

Fireyforce: add me to the pm list Done! :D

mastermeg_0228: Kyp and Jaina are dead!!!!!! Yep :_|

Talia is very upset!!!! Yeah :(

This was a very sad chapter but great work! I love how you describe Talia's emotions, very well written! [face_blush] Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love writing emotions :)

I can't wait for more I can't wait to post more! I'm working on it now! :)

dashleebo: Wow. That was excellent. I'm really liking your original character. [face_blush] Thank you!!! I'm happy you like Talia! :)

I hope the fact I've never read the NJO won't make it too diffcult to follow the story later on. If so, I may have to ask a few questions. Well most of the characters I'll be using are from the NJO era, so if you have any questions, please ask! I'd be more then happy to fill you in on any details :D

Sorry my post was late :confused: Late?!? I'm happy that people post at all! Never worry about when you post, just keep on posting! :D

I'd love to be on your PM list You've been added! :)

Trimaj: great job goddess, i really enjoyed it last night. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for giving it a quick read the other night! [:D]

along with the others, i too wonder what the box contains. looking forward to finding out. We'll be peeking in the box very soon! ;)

you did a great job with this, very, very well written. expressive, and it feels as though this is an established character already. not an easy thing to do with an OC. [face_blush] Wow!!! Thank you so much!!! I'm really happy you like Talia that much. I didn't think I'd really developed her that much.

~*~*~

A huge thanks to all of you! I'm working on the next part and hope to have it up in the next couple of days. I'm also working on the next post for my other fic, ~Thank You~. I'll be sure to send out a PM to all of those who have asked for one when the next segment is up! :)

~Goddess Jaina~
  17. master_jade Jedi Knight

star 2
    C'mon Talia! Open the box! [face_money_eyes]
  18. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    master_jade: C'mon Talia! Open the box! Hopefully she will later tonight if I get the post finished! :) If not it should be in the next day or so ;) Thanks for reading!
  19. GoddessJainaSoloFel Force Ghost

star 4
    As promised, here's the next post! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2

Even though it was obvious that someone had tried to wipe down the box, it remained covered in dust. Talia reached out a hand and ran it over the top wondering what could possibly be in there. She went to shove the box into the middle of the bed and was surprised at just how heavy it was, and even more so at the thought that her cousin had just stood there quietly holding it the whole time she was in the room.

Talia stood up and tugged the covers, smoothing them out over the bed. She sank back onto the bed and studied the box. Apart from the dust it was intact with not so much as a scratch or a dent on it. There were no markings, symbols, or writing on the box. It was simple, plain, and black.

She twisted her hair back off of her face and pinned it in place, never taking her eyes off the box. Talia straightened her sleep top and rested her hands on her thighs taking a few long calming breaths, drawing on the Force to try and steady her nerves. Her mind still bristled with questions and her fingers tingled with anticipation as Talia found the edges of the lid and pulled up. The lid lifted off easily and Talia placed it face down next to the box.

On top of whatever else was in the box lay a sheet of flimsy and a few envelopes. Talia picked up the flimsy and was disappointed to see there was nothing on it. She put it aside figuring that it had been placed across the top of everything else to protect it. Talia collected the envelopes some of which had her name on them and others that were blank and placed them on top of the lid.

Barely reaching into the box, Talia pulled a neatly folded pile of black material out and it fell open. Standing up, she shook out the material and ran her hands over it, marveling at how soft it was. She recognized this immediately as the cloak she had seen her father wear in so many of the holos her grandmother had shown her over the years. She noticed that the hem was badly worn, but the rest of the cloak was in good condition. Talia lay it down gently over her pillow and moved back to the box.

Leaning over, she reached in again, her hand traveling over more fabric but coming to rest on something cold and metallic. Talia withdrew her hand holding the hilt of a lightsaber. She stared in awe at the battered hilt, scratched and dented. Standing back from the edge of her bed she thumbed the activation button and a dark violet blade sprang to life, humming and glistening. Thumbing the button again, the glowing blade disappeared. Reluctantly, Talia placed the lightsaber next to the cloak so that she could see what else there was.

Her hands once again found the fabric they had just moments ago brushed over and Talia began to pull out the article when she heard a thump as something else fell against the side of the box. Curious, she dropped the material and reached in further to find the fallen object. Her hand wrapped around the familiar metallic shape and she pulled out another lightsaber. This one was slightly smaller and her fingers wrapped around it much easier then the other one she had held moments ago. This is mom?s lightsaber, she thought to herself as she stood again. Talia saw that this lightsaber hilt was as scratched and dented as the other one but in addition there was a section at the base that looked as though it had been melted? She ran her fingers over the odd blisters and bubbles that ran around two thirds of the base of the saber hilt.

She picked up the first saber she had held in her left hand while she held the other one in her right. Talia thumbed the button again on her father?s saber in her left hand and the now familiar dark violet blade hummed to life once again.

Now Talia thumbed the button on her mother?s saber and with a snaphiss a much lighter violet blade sprang forth. Spreading her arms far apart she dropped the blade from her father?s lightsaber till it made contact with her mother?s and she
  20. mastermeg_0228 Force Ghost

star 4
    ok i read the part about the charm braclet and when we got to the second charm i was thinking this sounded familiar but i couldn't place it...now i know...your story The Vision! I had read it a little while back and when you mentioned it everything came back, one of my favorite stories by the way!

this was amazing, i love reading how she discovers everything!!![face_love] Perfect!

but now i'm curious to know what everything else says/shows!!!!! maybe a letter from Kyp and Jaina before their death, like maybe a goodbye if they don't come back???????

can't wait for more!

meg
  21. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Wonderful, as usual Goddess!! Cant wait to see what is written! PM list please?
  22. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful...!!!!

I loved it and I too liked the link with your story The Vision...I loved that story as well...

Great job and I can't wait to see what the holos and letters hold...

FL @};-
  23. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    very cool. i liked all the objects that were in the box. Kyp's cloak, the two lightsabers, Jaina's jedi robes excellent stuff. Can't wait to see what information will be in the envelopes or the data cards. very interesting so far, very interesting.
  24. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, that was very nice...tissue please.:_| =D= I remembered the bracelet from your other story...nice touch. I liked when she took both of her parent's sabers in hand and crossed them. I felt tingles going up my spine. If I were Talia, I would slip her mom's robes on and wrap up in her dad's cape, then go through the rest of the things. More soooon please.[face_batting]
  25. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice update. I hope Talia learns that her mother was teh Sword of the Jedi and destined not to find peace.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.