main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JayTee_Erricck, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Hello, Everyone.

I always think of the "Star Wars Celebration III" event that I attended with other local fans as "the gift that keeps on giving". Why? 'Cause every time I think back about it & one of the great memories I made there, it's like getting another present. Smiles all around.

Yeah, sounds corny, I guess but, hey, I just wanted to share some of the good feelings with MORE (yes, more) pix from said event. Page SIX is now up in the gallery section of http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com .

Page 6 documents the rest of my Day 2 pix. Page 7 (the start of Day 3 at C3) and further pages will come soon! Having looked through all my pix, I estimate that there will very likely be 11 (count 'em, eleven) pages total of C3 photos in the Gallery section. Then again, as the old saying goes, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Even with that said, I hope y'all will check back at the site from time to time as more & more pix go up.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee

2. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    JayTee,
    Ive been checking out your updated pics - nice. You (and Hapajedi) were so fortunate to have attended C3 - I'll always be envious of that.:) My fav pics on your page 6 were: the femme trooper, TK from Japan, and of course, Mr. Keoni himself and Tanya at his side (looking as excited as ever). Im eager to see what else you got comin up.

PS. Just wondering why you mention at the bottom of your last post:
    "May the Force (the Good Side) Be with You, yet have Durge - a baddie - as your avatar?o_O

NEMES1S (Phil)

3. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Oh god I hate that picture! Hahahaha I look so fat!

4. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    I can't see any pictures here. :_|

5. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    NEMES1S,

I'm glad you like the pix.

And, who knows, maybe you'll make it to Celebration 4! Rumor has it that 2007 will be it since it's the 30th anniversary of "A New Hope".

You said you were wondering why I say "Good Side" of the Force but have Durge as my avatar.

"Judge me by my avatar, do you, hmmm? And where you should not. For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is."

In all seriousness, you have a valid point. I've always been a Good Side fan. Always will be. Luke is my favorite hero from the entire saga but Obi-Wan earned my respect big time with all the butt he kicked in the Prequel Trilogy. I believe that a hero is only as great as the villains he overcomes. Durge SEEMS like an undeniable juggernaut. And, yet, Obi-Wan kicked his a**! I put up the Durge avatar to remind everyone that knows him that Obi-Wan defeated him. I'm also hoping that ANY fans that haven't watched the Clone Wars cartoons will ask me who my avatar is so that I can steer them toward that awesome animated series.

So, in short, I chose the Durge avatar to remind people of Obi-Wan's Good Side victories AND to help people become aware of those awesome toons!

Don't get me wrong, though. I think the Durge character is cool and would've loved to see Obi-Wan take him on live-action in Episode III. Who knows. Maybe the upcoming t.v. series!

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

P.S. Check out this very cool work by artist Thomas Spanos!:
    http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/DURGE_htm/GenDai.html

6. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    Wow, good answer! I never thought about it that way... thats deep.

As for me, Boba Fett was the ultimate bad-ass. Mysterious & elusive. I quiet S.O.B. that carried a big gun. Wearing that cool, expressionless helmet & uniform with all the bells and whistles. Too bad a lot of people think he's still being digested.

Darth Maul, however is another big fav of mines. Ive always been keen in combat with the staff - I guess it started early on with the kung fu movies of the Shaw Brothers (5 Deadly Venoms, Immortal combat< etc.) I always liked the guy with the spear or staff to win the fight! Too bad he left his "Dark-Side defenses" open for Obi-Wan to take advantage of. I can't wait for my custom tailored D. Maul costume comes in!! :D

PS. So when you comin over to Keoni's next "gathering"?

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    JayTee,
    Hey! Had I known you were from Hawai'i I would've given you a big "shaka" too!
    Mahalo for taking my picture! It's the only one I've seen on the 'net that isn't my own or from my FanForce.
    I'm not from Hawai'i, I just wish I were.
    Good luck with the Rebel Legion Hawai'i from a fellow Rebel Legion member from Los Angeles.

Matt
    -JediRacer

8. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    NEMES1S,

When IS Hapa Jedi's next gathering? Unfortunately, my truck is on the fritz so TheBus & bumming rides has been my way of getting around lately. Commuting from Ewa side to town has been a chore. Nevertheless, I'll see if I can make it when I find out the details.

Matt/JediRacer,

Good to hear from you! C3 was a dream vacation for me & I consider all of us that were there, you included, fortunate to have witnessed (and been a part of) history! I hope to see you at C4! Thanx for the well wishes! We Rebels gotta stick together! Besides, you & I both belong to Endor Base, am I right?!

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com << Now with 6 pages of C3 photos!

9. Pac501_3136

Pac501_3136 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    However, you can not have a "good" side with out a "bad" side. The Force is The Force, it's the user that chooses how to use it.

10. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Star Wars fans,

Page 7 of Celebration III photos is now UP in that sub-section. I humbly invite everyone to check it out. Also, I don't know when you last visited RLH dot com but it now features four Gallery sub-sections with more to come.

Jay Tee

11. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    It's that time again, fellow Star Wars fans.

The website http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com now features 9 pages of Celebration III photos. Also, there are now more photos in the waiting-in-line event section (for the Hawai'i premiere of Episode III) which took place at the Dole Cannery theatres.

Please keep in mind that some of the photos have supplemental photos. Those that do have the link "Click here for second photo" below them. I hope you'll be sure to see those as well.

If you have friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. that are at all interested in Star Wars, I hope you will share the link to the site with them.

Jay Tee

P.S. There should still be about 2 more pages of Celebration 3 photos to be posted so I hope you & yours will all be sure to check back in the weeks, months AND years to come. More photo sections will be added as well !!!!!!!!!!!

12. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    FANTASTIC !!! =D= =D= =D= mucho mahalo. [face_peace]

13. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    mac nut,

Thank you for the compliment! And, you're welcome!

Star Wars Celebration III started 1 year ago today. Ah, the memories. So much good stuff.

Jay Tee

14. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    I've seen news clips in the last few months that Lucas will be covering the 20 years between Ep 3 and Ep 4 in a new television series. Was it going to be animated?

Also, someone keeps telling me he's going to make another SW movie; this I have not heard anything in the media as yet. I have not been around the SW forum here in awhile, so I don't know what the talk is.

15. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    mac-nut,

1) I've heard of the t.v. series you spoke of. Reportedly, it will be a live-action endeavor. Early rumors stated that the series would not feature anyone in the Skywalker family. However, more recent rumors claim that they MIGHT be featured in the series.

2) Other reports from Celebration III stated that there will be yet ANOTHER Star Wars t.v. series. This one was said to be an animated project. I heard that it would simply take the form of MORE CLONE WARS episodes! [Not sure if this is true.] I heard these new episodes would be done by Genddy Tartovsky (sp?) and his crew. He's the guy that created Samurai Jack and the previous Clone Wars cartoons!

3) As for movies, the only rumors I have heard aside from Indiana Jones 4 are reports that Lucas plans to release 3-D versions of the Star Wars films. [I heard only of plans for the Original Trilogy. However, would anyone be surprised if he went & 3-Ded the Prequel Trilogy as well? I think not.]

4) Lastly for now, the word has been that Lucas will NOT be making Episodes VII, VIII & IX as the rumors have stated since as far back as around 1977. Sadly, as of this writing, I have not heard rumors that state otherwise. Personally, I would love to see Episodes 7, 8 & 9. I'll save that stuff for another post thread.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with us.

Jay Tee

16. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    And then there were 10.

Ten pages, that is.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Page 10 of the photos I took at Celebration III is now up at

http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com .

Just check out the Gallery section & click on the C3 sub-section. You can't miss it.

Please be aware that quite a few of them have the "Click Here For Second Photo" link below that leads to a supplemental pic. Please be on the look out for those!

That's 10 down (or up, depending on how you look at it) and 1 last one to go. I may have more if I find screen-captures from the video I shot there. No telling right now, though.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee

17. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    12-31-2006

Greetings Fellow Star Wars fans.

As I write this, the U.S. East Coast has already rung in 2007. However, here in Hawai'i, it's only 7:43 p.m.. I figure, what better way to finish out a year than to finally complete a long-standing goal.

My friend / RLH website co-ordinator & I finally uploaded the 11th and FINAL page of Celebration III photos.

To quote Phil Collins, "It's been a long time coming. Some say it's too long." Due to some circumstances beyond our control, we haven't been able to get back to the website until today.

With Celebration IV coming up quick, it will be that time again to take LOTS of pictures &, once more, hopefully post pictures from that event.

Anyway, I hope y'all like the pix.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com (The newly posted pix are in the Gallery Section!)

P.S. Happy New Year 2007!

18. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    My bad.

Just last night, I found a few pix (about 2 or 3) that should be added to Page 11 of my C3 photos at http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com . I almost totally overlooked them.

Once this problem has been remedied, I will be sure to post notice here.

Jay Tee

19. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Aloha, fellow Star Wars fans.

Page 1 of our Star Wars Celebration IV photos is up! There are still a few loose ends to tie up on it (typos & other minor tweaks) but, for the most part, it's good to go. I'm hoping to have at least 11 more pages up in the months to come. It's slow-going since my friend/website coordinator has to deal with some hardship (family health issues) for now. Please be patient with us.

In any case, I hope you like.

MTFBWY,

Jay Tee
    Rebel Legion State Captain, Hawai'i

http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com <<<[The pics, as you'd guess, are in the Gallery section!]

20. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Aloha, fellow Star Wars fans.

Page 2 of my Celebration 4 pix is UP!

I humbly invite everyone to check them out.

Again, my friend/website facilitator, "Pac-El", has been busy with family health issues, thus we haven't been able to get pix up faster. By some miracle, we both found time to meet up & post the new page. I hope y'all will feel the pix are worth the wait.

Jay Tee Erricck

http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com <<< Please find Page 2 of the CIV pix in the GALLERY section! [At least 10 more pages in that sub-section to come!]

21. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    hey there, JT. Howz it going? What's happening down your way? Have you heard if the 501st will be participating in the Honolulu City Lights parade this year? [face_thinking] :confused:

22. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    mac-nut,

Private message sent!

Jay Tee

23. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Yes they will be at kapolei city Lights an toys for tots/

24. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    They also did the US Marines' Toys for Tots night at City Hall.

25. JayTee_Erricck

Aug 2, 2004
    Ah, I love making these announcements. The regret is that I do not get to make them often enough.

Page 3 of my Star Wars Celebration 4, Day 1 pictures is now up at http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com.

It has been about 5 or 6 months since we previously posted pics but my website coordinating friend, Pac-El, has been dealing with important issues that have kept him busy otherwise. My hope is to have the next page (Page 1 of Day 2) up in less than 5 months' time.

If you'd like to check out the pictures, please go to our website, click on the Gallery section, then the CIV banner, & "Next" forward to Page 3.

Jay Tee Erricck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.