main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Gigantic Freighter

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Things like these make me rather pessimistic about this film. Very little of what I have seen so far is interesting, exciting or even feels right. So Han Solo breaks up with Leia only to have him die later in the film?? What kind of resolution is this, and what point are you even trying to make?? That these characters don't move on past who they where in Empire??

Jedi Knight Fett and Claire1976 like this.
  2. Lord Crevil

Lord Crevil Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2015
    you damn right they won't move on, it seems to be the best when leia and han are snarky to each other, i am rather actually excited with the rumors, especially we might see some spice gangs and spice addicts... with the empire sacked, their production of spice and other black market substances might have diminished so the hutt space of the galaxy might be out of control

3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Han and Leia being split could be really interesting if handled right, but the last thing I want to see is the characters picking up the bicker-flirting like ESB happened yesterday.

Echo Base likes this.
  4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I agree. I certainly think having had them split at some point in the past instantly creates an interesting dynamic as to why? and how do things lie between them now? Rather than 'it's just like literally the next day after Endor and they're still all lovey. Boring. As for the bicker- flirting point? I couldn't see a return to that, it'd be ridiculous. They're not young characters anymore. Besides, if (as I'm assuming) a tragedy within the family was the main cause of the split? I'm expecting a bit of genuine hostility..who knows?

Echo Base likes this.
  5. DarkCree

DarkCree Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2000
    I know this is just a movie about a fairy-tale space fantasy, but why can't they have real problems? Splitting up is what can and does happen to real couples. I can totally see that happening in this movie. They will probably not talk to each other much even though they still have some feelings for each other. If Han dies, we will see Leia mourn some along with the other characters.

6. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Ya know, when the only other couple that Star Wars has is Anakin and Padme, and their ending is not exactly nice, then I think that Han Leia deserve something better.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they'll probably reconcile a bit before Han goes off on his mission which will only make the "I'll hurry back" line more tragic. And when Leia feels his death in the Force I'm expecting I'll probably cry like a baby. :p

8. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I think it would be easier for fans to swallow if the reason for them splitting is that Han has been obsessively looking for his children, and Leia has to move on and play her role as a leader of the Alliance. That would cast the reasons for the split in a sad, but more understandable (and acceptable) way.

9. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Maybe or maybe not. Manabyte might not have all the facts.

Jcuk likes this.
  10. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm still hoping that the freighter is carved into an asteroid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.