main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Glamorous Life - OC Vignette, Fate Era

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darkladypurplepencil, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Title: The Glamorous Life
    Author: DarkLadyPurplePencil
    Timeline: Fate of the Jedi era
    Characters: OCs - Bok and Kynep Urndo
    Summary: During a night's patrol on a small moon, security officer Bok Urndo reflects on his role in the galaxy.
    Author's Note: My first Sw fanfic in a while, so I'm probably horribly out of practice. I hope you enjoy it anyway. -DLPP
    Dedication: For my brother, small-time police officer and big-time hero.

The Galactic Alliance seemed to be falling down around the Chief of State?s ears. But Admiral Daala and her government were far away from the tiny moon Officer Bok Urndo with which was concerned. Even so, when Bok wasn?t paying as close attention to his duties, he let his mind wander to dreaming about how it must be to a part of something as important as the Galactic Navy.

After all, being local law enforcement wasn?t glamorous like being an always watched, sometimes adored but currently feared and hated Jedi or a spec-ops space marine answering directly to the Chief of State of the Galatic Alliance. Particularly when ?local? is a university moon rather than some tumultuous, ?exciting? planet like Coruscant or Corellia. Even more so when everyone in attendance at that university was on their semi-annual vacation.

But there were some definite benefits to being stuck with a shift in the middle of the night in his little section of the mostly abandoned moon, Bok thought, as he threw his speeder into another fast, tight turn. As expected, the turn and the subsequent zig-zag caused his passenger to giggle, squeal and squelsh. It wasn?t the first time Bok had taken a lady to an abandoned docking bay to impress with his piloting capabilities, but the nervous delight in Kynep?s eyes made him smile broadly as he pushed the throttle up to more speed.

His little sister gripped the armrest and squeezed her eyes shut as he took the speeder into a roll.

?All right, I s?pose that?s enough,? he said with a laugh. Kynep breathed an exaggerated sigh of relief.

?Thank the stars, I thought you were going to scare me to death.? He chuckled.

?I should probably get you back to the apartment. My shift is almost over.?

?You promised Bakuran hobdoKanuts.?

?All right. We?ll get some do?nuts, then go to the apartment.?

She settled back in her seat grinning.

?Why don?t you throw the lights on?? He said, indicating to the police lights on the front of the control panel.

?I can??

?Go for it.?

She lunged forward to turn on the lights. He chuckled and ruffled her hair, not losing his smile the entire ride to the Bakuran pastry shop.

?Morning, Officer,? the girl at the counter said, as Bok and Kynep entered.

?How you doing? Two do?nuts, please.?

?Coming right up.?

?Any trouble tonight??

?No, it?s been quiet with the university closed.?

?Glad to hear it. Have a good one.? He took the do?nuts from the shop girl and handed one to Kynep.

?Bye.?

Kynep leaned back against the roof of the speeder as she ate her do?nut. ?I?m glad you didn?t join the Navy,? she said suddenly.

?Oh? You don?t wish I was more koovy??

She rolled her eyes. ?Don?t be a koochu. If you?d joined the Navy back when you had wanted to, your commander would have been a Sith. Besides, you?d have to leave the Outer Rim and wouldn?t be able to take me out in the speeder and let me put on the lights and eat do?nuts with me.?

He leaned over and kissed her forehead; he was glad to be a part of something as important as being a hero to his baby sister. What was so glamorous about being a Jedi or space marine anyway?

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Nice look into a normal person's life. =D=

Cops and their pastries. :p

3. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks!
    And may I say, long time reader/lurker. I love your Jaina/Jag and NJO stories.

Cheers,
    DLPP

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    VEry nice slice of normal. =D=

Kudos to your brother and all the men and women who work so hard to keep us all safe!

@};-

@};-

5. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Not everyone in the galaxy can be intricately involved in galactic politics and conflicts.

And definitely a shout-out to the wonderful men and women in the police force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.