main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Glove of Darth Vader book series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, although I think GODV is the worst piece of SW literature ever written, I will say this much for it:
    It stayed within what then existed of the continuity.
    It is a part of the continuity, having been referenced in THST, EP1A, TEC, SWG, DSB, SWAJ, GOF, SW.C, TEGTC and YJK, and the only real contradiction being COPL.
    It was what was contradicted, not the other way around.

However, other then that, it is AWFUL. These people cannot write.

TC

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I thought it was stupid. Where in the galaxy did they get Vader's glove from? It reminds of the OJ Simpson thing. They could've gotten a black leather glove from anywhere. Arrgh! It should've been called The Wanna-be, Generic, Ersatz Glove of Vader. Hated it. Don't consider it canon at all. Not even a little bit. I mean, why does everyone fall in love with Leia for? C'mon. Trioculos, Isolder, Luke? She's great, but not that dazzling.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Vader's glove came from some Death Star II debris that was found. I think that Luke would know that was it..

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    ::(To Princess Leia) Trioculus took a few steps toward her. "Is it so wrong to be a murderer?" he asked. "Or a liar? Or an inhuman monster? I may be all of those things, but I still have a heart." ::

Need these books, just to read that line :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.