main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The God Of Thunder - Thor Movie Thread ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's still playing at the BlueLight in Cupertino on Steven's Creek Blvd. ;)

But if you did wait for DVD you'll be able to see the new Original Shorts staring Agent Coulson confirmed for Thor and Captain America DVD

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, Metro had that hidden pretty well--couldn't find it in the online listings. But then, some time in the last 2 years(when last I looked), they completely screwed up their website.

Heh, will the old Iron Man cartoons from the 60s/70s ever be released with an IronMan movie? The theme song is on the original movie soundtrack...

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    At the JMS panel at Comic-Con:

Lastly, Straczynski will not be involved with "Thor 2," explaining he just isn't available, but he made certain to stress that the new writer, Don Payne, has done a terrific job on the screenplay.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    BD is out now- the Coulson "One-Shot" is neat (but short, only about 4 min, and some of that is replaying the TIH Stark scene).

Deleted scenes are actually pretty good- more with all the Asgardian characters (including the Warriors 3 + 1 and about 3 or 4 scenes featuring Thor's mom, much of it pre-ceremony, including a long scene between Thor and Loki).

5. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Those deleted scenes were very good. The long one between between Loki and Thor is probably my favorite. I like how Thor just sort of dismisses Loki's efforts out of hand at one point. It shows he might not have been the best big brother. I think the extended version of Thor making his plans to go to the Frost Giants was better than in the movie and I wish they had used that one. The scene between Frigga and Odin was also one I wish had been in the movie. Shame it wasn't.

I also really like Branaugh's commentary for the movie. Too bad they didn't get anyone else but he seems to have a lot to say by himself.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thor sequel to explore the nine worlds.

Feige tells EW that the upcoming sequel will "take Thor literally to other worlds. [It will] primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and how the new dynamic with his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) is working out, as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds."

The first film showed us three of the Nine Worlds: Asgard, home of Thor. Midgard, our modern Earth. Jotunheim, the frozen wasteland of the Frost Giants.

Vanaheim, home of the Asgardian sister race the Vanir; Alfheim, home of the light elves; and Nidavellir, the dark fields of the dwarves, all reside on the same planetoid as Asgard along with the hall of Valhalla where the honored dead go (but it is not considered a separate world).

Other worlds that seem more ripe for exploration in the sequel include Hel, the realm of the dead ruled over by an Asgardian goddess named Hela; Muspelheim, the fiery realm of demons ruled by Surtur; and Svartalfheim, the home of the dark elves. There's also Niffleheim, the frozen realm of the dishonored dead, but it's not considered a separate world - rather a part of Hel.

Neither Natalie Portman or Anthony Hopkins are yet confirmed to be reprising their roles.

I would have assumed Natalie and Hopkins would have been signed for multiple films as options...

7. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000