main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Golden Age Cafe

Discussion in 'Community' started by Son of Kenobi, Sep 17, 2000.

1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Hi SoK! Great place you've got here. Brings back lots of memories (that "Lounge of CaffeiNATION pic was particularly nostalgia-inducing).

Oh, and hi to all the other people in the cafe. :)

2. sorcha

sorcha Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2000
    Ah, a place to relax. Just what I need. Hello all. :)

3. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    You said it, Zas, old buddy! Here's my offering of nostalgia: Midages Castle fanart.
    http://dgb1.com/bowen/amy/midages_pix.html

4. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    Lol! :D :D :D :D :D

Oooh! I remember!!!

Mods tried to look up our dresses while we were climbing up a rope escaping from the dungeon place or something . . . Pervert. ;) Hee hee. :D

5. Darth Mal

Darth Mal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 1999
    I remember those Castle threads, but I never posted in them because of lack of interest and they were also large as hell.

6. Commander Wedge Antilles

Commander Wedge Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    tisk tisk...anyways
    after getting a sudden desire to shave at 2 am, and it being 2 hours later and i have to be up in 8.....drink , please :D

7. Darth Mal

Darth Mal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 1999
    what?!!

8. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    I'm not exactly a old member, but its cool it be here!

9. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    I stopped posting in the castle threads for short whiles and then started again then stopped again . . .

10. Son of Kenobi

Son of Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 1998
    Great to see you again, Pyrus, you old pirate! And I feel like crap for forgetting Red, esp. since he and I registered on the first day, :-(

*places huge statue of the MIGHTY A-WING PILOT RED 3 in the center of the Cafe* I won't let my shoddy memory leave you out, bud.

And I am remiss in not placing a reminder of the formidable Padme1Kenobi, a source of hilarity and merriment herself! :D

*places massive portrait of P1K over the ModalNodesFreak Center* ;-)

Thanks for all those who've entered, old and new alike, this is tres cool to see your posts here, they've brought a smile to this Cafe-owner's face. *sniff* ;-)

(Jotun: It depends on who you were before your current username.)

11. FreeBeer.com

FreeBeer.com Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    *waves to Son of Kenobi*

12. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    *waves back to FreeBeer!* Hey, man, how are you? :) I wish I could edit that message now, I'd stick something about the Bog of Eternal Stench in there. That was a hardcore thread....

13. sorcha

Sep 9, 2000
    <is feeling bored so she walks into the café looking for some diversions to amuse her>

14. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    [Watto]Diversions we have![/Watto]

How are you this night, sorch?

Hey Pyrus, not too much, how've you been? You know the Gonks have moved to this other site, the Council of the Lost Jedi? Red and Irish post there now and again. The HoJo (my old group) are there, too, it has UBB, which is cool.

15. sorcha

Sep 9, 2000
    I'm ok. Just a little bored. Watched some Olympics. Did some reading for Bio Anthro. Just nothing too exciting happening.

Hope everyone else is having less of a "blah" evening than I am.

16. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    I haven't lurked at the Slacker Council in a while, I wonder how there doin' over there...
    Yeah, I used to see CA and BoB a lot over there, and DL.

You're right, man, Hello was one of a kind, a totally organic thing, although I didn't go near it since I stayed away from Prequels (spoiler-free back then) I remember "fgr" though, heh. But yeah, the days of one pages.... Do you remember One Worder? That sucker was a pain to load when it hit 500 posts.

Yeah, CotJ has some fun threads, although I've been slacking in the posting-for-fanfic
    dept.

I think all these places'll heat up the closer Ep. II gets, and the chaff will melt away...

I'm having a pretty 'blah' evening, too, sorcha. Sundays are like that for me, though. A bit of reading, a bit of posting, and laundry. Ooooh fun! ;-)

17. sorcha

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, that's right! I was going to do my laundry this weekend. Oh Well.

I'm afraid the aforementioned threads are before my time. There is a good chance that I didn't even have an internet connection when they were first posted.

18. FreeBeer.com

FreeBeer.com Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    Most of the people who could make me laugh are gone. I don't mind the change or the turnover, I just can't find anyone to make me laugh anymore.

19. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    You left me out, *sniff sniff* ;)

I didn't post as much as I wanted. I always seemed to get here after it died down.

*drinks coffee*

20. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    I remember those! JotC was Threadstar? Wow, I never knew that, or forgot it. I remember, in those days, they banned names like that, because they were inflammatory, lol. Every time they saw that David had a new name, they banned him, :D

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to believe it was that long ago for me, sorcha. The odd thing was that at the time none of us thought that stuff would ever be forgotten, and I still remember some stuff like it was yesterday, which is even odder....

21. sorcha

Sep 9, 2000
    Even though I've only been posting here a little more than a year, I've gotta agree that there aren't as many LOL threads anymore. Plus, a lot of what is posted is just "I got a million stars..." etc. and those threads just don't interest me in the least.

22. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    Sorry, Darth! Here's some more coffee for ya...

Ahhh okay, thanks for the clear-up Pyrus, I think I remember that now. What I remember of that thread was hilarious, though....

Yeah, I know what you mean, FreeBeer, the "I'm half in the bag" thread always made me laugh.

I've gotten to the point that I don't know if I care or not about the changes here, since this place has gone through so many similar cycles that a lot of the drama seems recycled. The admin-member conflicts, for instance, have revolved around the same issues for over a year, though the members may change. And thread ideas have been recycled so many times over, too, which is why I stick to my 'cafe' shtick and just post with my friends these days, or in the odd thread of interest. It just ain't worth the hassle
    of battling the N.E.W.B.I.E.S. for content anymore.

23. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    <looks over at a the pic of ObiWannaCracker and wonders "What would he do if he were here">

applesauce!

24. Darth 47.1

Darth 47.1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 1999
    No prob. I will just sit here sobbing in coherently drinking my coffee. ;)

I'll be a regular from now on too methinks.

25. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    :) Pretty cool, no? You're the George Washington of the Forum, Pyrus, :) I think the old crew put your acronym into rotation before the deluge of Summer '99 and it's stuck ever since, :)

That'd be cool, Darth, add much you do to these forums!

And with that, I'm off for the night, so see you all later!