main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD The Golden Compass

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lozza, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    ...a live action Fullmetal Alchemist film.

Oh yes please. Although there was something I watched recently that reminded me more of FMA - can't conjure it to memory what it was though...

2. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    I totally enjoyed the film! It was absolutely beautiful, and the costumes were divine!! *adds Serafina costume to her list* :p

There were only a couple of things that annoyed me.

Firstly was the ending. It was much too obviously a lead into the next film. I really think they would have done better to leave out Lyra's whole end dialogue and jsut show the end bit of them all flying off into the sunset.

Secondly was the whole 'You're my mother?!?!?!' thing. It jsut seemed to convienient, and out of place. But that's probably more the way they revealed it rather than the fact itself.

Loved Kidman, hated her character! She's so evil!! And I totally wanted Pan when he was that gorgeous cub :D Soooo cute! I wants one! I'm looking forward to the sequal very much!

3. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    The movie felt a bit forced. It was all action and very little storytelling. It took all the important parts from the book and just jammed them into a visual feast.

It was ok as a movie, it was faithful as an adaptation, but somehow I expected just a little more. But then maybe I've just been spoilt by the very decent storytelling in the books.

That isn't to say that I didn't enjoy it, just that I think it (the story) could have been handled much better.

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    The Final Word, courtesy of Shortpacked!

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.