main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Golden Sun thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    This is a thread for all things Golden Sun. :D

I have some questions. I'm at the lighthouse where the two bad guys merge into one big monster and I keep dying. I can't go back to a previous save point as there's only one save slot. Should I just restart? I'm tempted to as I missed a few Djinn so I haven't got all of them so far.

2. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I loved Golden Sun. That's my favorite GBA game, very much a classic. I played that game during class when I should have been paying attention.

I think you should restart, more Djinn's would help.

3. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Plus you want all the Djinn when you transfer your data to Golden Sun 2, or you'll never open the final dungeon.

4. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I never played GS2, because someone stole my GBA(which had the GS cartridge inside).:( And I just beat the game too.

I bought another GBA later on, but I haven't been able to find GS games in my area.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I have both games on GBA. never really had a chance to play much of it though- I think I had trouble getting out of the starting village (I recall either having trouble getting past, or getting to, a large rock blocking a path), though I think I got into one battle.

So, yeah, I went really far in that game ;)

6. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    So you bought both, and couldn't even finish Vale on the first game?

[hangs head in shame] Quest, Quest, Quest... [face_shame_on_you]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I usually don't buy a sequel to a game I've barely had teh time to play, but it just looked so good, and I was impulsive, and on an RPG purchasing binge (purchasing, mind you, as I've either barely played or never touched the titles acquired that day) of Golden Sun 2, Sword of Mana, Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Too many epic games, not enough time to play em ::(

(well, I did play a decent starting chunk of SOM, but that sucked so I traded it in)

8. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    You can always go back for the djinns no need to start over ;p

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Really? :eek:

I'll have to find out where they are and how to get them then.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just checked a list of djinn against the djinn I have, I have 17 out of 28. I've got to go back a long long way to get the rest. :oops:

11. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Anyone know of a good and detailed walkthrough with pictures?

I've been stuck in this one area for about 2 years. Admittedly it was lost for about 22 months though.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It seems I do have to start again, I just tried to go back and I couldn't. :(

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Is there any way to go back through Mogall Forest? I missed out a djinn and I can't seem to go back and get it. :(

15. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Ooh, I love this game! I bought the first one for myself, and the first and second one for my friend Zach who is a rabid GPA RPG kinda guy. He's beaten like every GBA game he has four or five times over...

16. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    This, along with FF:Tactics, is my favorite game. I wish they'd make a third one :( I beat the second one and have my file saved at a point where you can fight phoenix's and get like 5k exp each fight when you kill one. Its very tedious, but i got my guys perty high leveled before i just got bored with it and put it down haha... Good games tho.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've been playing this from the beggining with the aid of a guide in some places and I've realised I missed so much in the first two time I played it. I'm not at Bilbin with 18 djinn, when I first played it I don't think I had that many right at the end!

I got some money for christmas, should I get Golden Sun 2 or Final Fantasy 3?

18. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    Golden Sun 2 so you don't go insane with the unfinished story.

Golden Sun isn't two distinct games. It's one story with two acts, as it were. You only play half the story in the first game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.