main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The Golden Yodas – The 2016 Fan Fiction Awards Ceremony | See you in 2017!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x_SwordoftheJedi_x

x_SwordoftheJedi_x Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2008
    Wow, gosh, I was so surprised by the nomination and I never thought I'd actually win! But thanks to everyone who nominated and voted for Jacen/Caedus! :) [:D]

And congratulations to all the other winners and nominees! =D=

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations to a wonderful batch of winners on some very well-deserved wins! =D= Some of my favorites won in this category, too.

leiamoody, you take the cake for cleverest acceptance blurb so far! I can just hear that kloo horn and that dubstep. :D

Really, I've just been loving how these awards have worked out. Massive kudos all around! =D=

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Congrats to all the winners. It was an honour being nominated for two characters nevermind one. Thank You to everyone for setting all this up too. Congrats to you . =D=

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats to everyone from me too!
    [face_laugh]
    He's going to "do the Tantiss"? :p

Ummm... that would be my husband, whom I forgot to credit. Casus belli ahead [face_worried]

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  5. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    =D= and ^:)^ to all the winners and nominees, who gave us so many great stories...and so many tough decisions! Bravo to everyone@};-

Kahara, Ewok Poet, pronker and 3 others like this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats Leiamoody, JadeLotus, AngelQueen, Admiral Volshe, Jedi_Lover, x_SwordoftheJedi_x, Ewok Poet and Taramidala!

Any forgotten or misspelled names will be blamed on Pyf and Huph’s EXTREME Head-Cold Relief.

7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Cute power couple Blue and Bree !! Their synchrony warms the heart. =D= x 10 for the winners today with their character building skillz!

Kahara, divapilot, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Day Three:

Slightly late due to a bunch of work issues, a messed up sleep schedule and - yes, jumping on the bandwagon - extreme allergy. My eyes itch to the point where I want to poke them out; so YES, I am taking @Kahara's Pyf and Hupf's EXXXXXXTREME relief and I don't care if they turn yellow. I may be the 678897890th person who wants to borrow this, so...:p

Jacen Solo, listen to me. There is this phenomenon in our Galaxy in the future, called Kanye West. He tends to crash award parties and he doesn't let people finish. Don't be that guy, OK?

*flashes allergy-addled yellow eyes at Jacen and scares him away*

Sith-I-5 Now you need to spit out what the other one is, because you don't just deal in absolutes...or...I dunno. XD

And FINALLY, The Book of Gand won something! Having seen this story and author lose in all categories last year, I'm extremely happy to see BOG where it belongs. :D Zuckuss is a fascinating character and I had a crush on him while reading this first time. I mean... magic boys! [face_love] And knowing for how many years Findswoman worked on this and how she (and Beedo!) came up with virtually 100% of worldbuilding for Gand used here, that makes it even more special. Congrats, my friend. @};-

I did not expect to win the Best Short Story in a million years, as it was probably one of the strongest categories this year and the other three stories have me floored, two of them I re-read whenever I can and...yeah, I was dreaming of this four-way-tie. I'm crazy, sorry. Thank you all for giving a chance to a story with a protagonist that can't even express himself properly, who goes through incredibly gross things and extreme abuse on behalf of his owners. I understand that it's not the kind of a thing everybody wants to read, so thank you, thank you, thank you. :c3po:

You said it better than anybody else would in this case, I think! Though, I still wonder the above. XD

Day Four:

Good to know! I was going to have a beach vacation there. :eek:

Hi, Bree and Blue! [face_love][face_love][face_love]
    Don't mind me, I really like thin and shy introverted guys who were drug addicts and want to redeem themselves.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was cute/fun!

And I thiiiink we have the best award acceptance speech EVARRRRRR.

Posting this as a code because there are a couple of k-blasts in it - but this is how I imagine you right now.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEnaoydUUo
    And I'm so, so, so stoked for Zizi. Because it's Zizi kriffin' Pao, darn it! [face_love]

And another win I never expected myself. My Luke? ARE YOU SERIOUS, PEOPLE? Thank you so much! [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush][face_blush]

I really need to read up on this Talon Tantiss "doing a Tantiss" business, too.

Congratulations to everybody! :) So, so many great stories and characters to enjoy! #fanficisnotdead

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations leiamoody, JadeLotus, Angel Queen, Admiral Volshe, Jedi_Lover, x_SwordoftheJedi_x, Ewok Poet and taramidala!
    =D=@};-

[face_laugh] That would totally be something I'd do!

10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Wow, I'm so chuffed for my Obi-Wan to win - it was my first time writing him in depth, so it's particularly wonderful a surprise :obiwan:

Congrats to the winners! It's nice to see a sequel trilogy character (in Our Hero Rey) getting some recognition!

Kahara, Falcon, Findswoman and 5 others like this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    THE 2016 FAN FICTION AWARDS CEREMONY IS BROUGHT TO YOU TODAY BY LORANA’S LEATHER FASHION,
    A NEW LADIES’ COLLECTION BY GOOCHY & OFFSPRING

ANNOUNCER: You have enjoyed Goochy & Offspring’s fine bags, belts and boots for generations, now you can enjoy our clothes! Our new collection for ladies, Lorana’s Leather Fashion, is your home for business and pleasure attire. Created by our very own designer Lorana Westmoreland, it comprises the full range of everything you need to be elegant at all times, whether in space or planetside.

Images flash on the screen, showing a lovely Zeltron businesswoman in a soft leather suit, a Human princess in a black evening gown, a Togruta spacer in a tight-fitting jumpsuit, a Twi’lek slave in a kinky dance outfit... Someone yells ‘oops!’ and the screen suddenly fills with static before shifting to a neutral background.

[​IMG]

The lovely Zeltron sashays back on screen and says in a rich, melodic tone:

“And now, the 2016 Fanfiction Awards for Relationships, canon and otherwise! Here to present are the 2015 winners for Best Canon Relationship in Beyond, the most famous couple in the Known and Unknown Regions, the Skywalkers! Goochy & Offspring is pleased to announce that Mara Jade Skywalker is dressed exclusively in Lorana’s Leather Fashion tonight.”

Luke and Mara make their grand entrance.

Mara is wearing a leather form-fitting outfit, black with silver highlights at strategic points. Luke is wearing a shirt as blue as his eyes and hip-hugging charcoal-grey slacks.

“Good day, everyone,” Luke says, favoring the audience with his warm smile. “This year’s awards were tight, it seems they get better every year.”

Mara withdraws the envelope from her pocket and says by way of an aside: “It’s hard to know which is what since Legends is mixed together with what is supposedly official.”

“Ah, Mara. We’ll always be right up there,” Luke says, confidently. He cannot keep his eyes off his stunning wife. Her curves are sweetly accentuated by the clingy material.

“You think so?”

“I know it. We get at least a honourable mention every year.” He suddenly has an idea. “After we’re done here, we can stop by Goochy & Offspring and get some of the lesser-known accessories in the Leather Fashion collection. Maybe a super-sized bottle of the spreadable chocolate and –”

“Shhh!” Mara says, blushing, then opens the envelope.

“The nominees for Best Relationship in Before are:
    Katts Rzewanczkowski/female Revan and Stanislauff Rzewanczkowski in Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman​
    K'tai qel Letta-Tanku and Obi-Wan Kenobi in Getting to Know You by K'tai qel Letta-Tanku​
    Bastila Shan and Meetra Surik in Bastila Shan - An Autobiography by metophlus​

And the winner is: Katts Rzewanczkowski/female Revan and Stanislauff Rzewanczkowski in Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman!

“The nominees for Best Canon Relationship in Saga are:
    Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Crossing Enemy Lines by EmeraldJediFire and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart)​
    Teebo and Latara in Snowed In by Ewok Poet​
    Jango and Boba Fett in The Father by gaarastar58​
    Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla in Apologies and Observations by Jags_Scoundrel​
    Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Can't Look Away by Kahara​
    Luke Skywalker and Beru Whitesun-Lars in Forget Me Not by Sara_Kenobi​
    Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in Hypothetically Speaking by skygawker​

And the winner is: It's a tie! Teebo and Latara in Snowed In by Ewok Poet and Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Can't Look Away by Kahara!

“The nominees for Best Original Relationship in Saga are:
    I-Five and Magash Drashi in The Chronicles of I-5YQ by Ewok_Slayer​
    Luke Skywalker and Kess Lendra in Living Legend : Book 1 by Kess Banta​
    Zizi Pao and Mariklare Trindello in The Song Hour by leiamoody​
    The narrator and Versé in Versé, transformed into a flower by Pandora​
    Raissa Baiard and Doran Blayne in In the Cards by Raissa Baiard​
    Obi-Wan Kenobi and Aala Naberrie in Fallen by serendipityaey​

And the winner is: It's a tie! I-Five and Magash Drashi in The Chronicles of I-5YQ by Ewok_Slayer and Raissa Baiard and Doran Blayne in In the Cards by Raissa Baiard!

“The nominees for Best Canon Relationship in Beyond are:
    Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Counselling by Annia Piet​
    Lando Calrissian and Mara Jade in Like Stone by Annia Piet​
    Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Chrysalis by JadeLotus​
    Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa in Elegy by ThreadSketch​

And the winner is: Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Chrysalis by JadeLotus!

“The nominees for Best Original Relationship in Beyond are:
    Blue and Bree in The God of Second Chances by divapilot​
    Luke Skywalker and Melinda Rotham in After Her by EmeraldJediFire​
    Talon Tantiss and Zylie Karrde in The Journal of Talon Tantiss: Jedi Knight and Reluctant Vornskr Owner by Jedi_Lover​
    Elena and Lydia Shelvay in Notes for When You Are Older by Kahara​
    Jaina Solo and Rian in Trickster's Leap by Onderon1​

And the winner is: Elena and Lydia Shelvay in Notes for When You Are Older by Kahara!

“The nominees for Best Relationship in Sequel Trilogy are:
    Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa in The Greater Good by DarthIshtar​
    Luke Skywalker and Valara in Red Five by JadeLotus​
    Luke Skywalker and Rey in The First Steps by taramidala​
    Luke Skywalker and Rey in The Jedi Begin by ZaraValinor​

And the winner is: It's a three-way tie! Luke Skywalker and Valara in Red Five by JadeLotus, Luke Skywalker and Rey in The First Steps by taramidala and Luke Skywalker and Rey in The Jedi Begin by ZaraValinor!

The Skywalkers bow to a standing ovation from the audience and exit, stage left. Luke is still mumbling something about the spreadable chocolate, but Mara can be heard asking in a steely tone: “And who is this Valara, precisely?”

ANNOUNCER: Thank you for your attention, ladies and gentlebeings. Join us again tomorrow for the Best Reviewer category, the Random Award and more!

Written by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Chyntuck
    Goochy & Offspring logo courtesy of Mr Chyntuckopoulos

12. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    OH MY GOAT OH MY GOAT OH MY GOAT OH MY GOAT.

// runs around manically //

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to all who were nominated & won.
    This set of categories is breathtakingly oomphy as we celebrate the ups and downs, the hilarity and the growth of these intriguing relationships! @};- =D=

Kahara, Falcon, pronker and 3 others like this.
  14. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Congratulations to today's winners! =D=

Kahara, Falcon, pronker and 2 others like this.
  15. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Awkward night at the Skywalker house!

But look at all those ties! Some really strong fics in these categories, I know I had trouble choosing my votes because there were so many excellent choices. Congrats to the winners!

Kahara, Chyntuck, Falcon and 5 others like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congrats to all nominees and winners.

My MVF (Most Valued Fic) amongst that lot, was Notes For When You Are Older, by Kahara.

Will have to come back and read the Luke and Mara intro' when I get more time.

Kahara, Findswoman , Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Congrats to the nominees and the winners :D

Kahara, Findswoman , pronker and 2 others like this.
  18. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations! I love how diverse these nominations and winners have been.

19. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Congrats to a fantastic bunch of winners! :)

20. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Raissa and Doran exchange startled glances when their names are called, and make their way up to the stage. When Mara hands the Golden Yoda statuette to Raissa, she does a quick double take before shaking her head and joining Luke in the wings. Raissa frowns after her for a moment before turning to the microphone. 'Thank you all very much! It's an honor to be chosen for Best Relationship, and it just goes to show that this category extends beyond just romantic relationships. Doran and I clearly...."

Doran rolls his eyes. "Baiard, don't start this again. I told you, no one cares whether we're involved or not."

She scowls back. "It's important that..."

"Just thank them for the little gold gnome, already."

"But.."

He disengages the Yoda statuette from her grip and salutes the audience with it. "Here's lookin' at you, Fan Fic." As Doran steers Raissa off-stage, the orchestra plays "The Sequential Passage of Chronological Intervals." The faint sounds of Raissa and Doran arguing can be heard over the music.
    -------------
    Thank you so much! This means a lot to me; I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was wondering whether it was worth continuing Raissa and Doran's adventures-- it looks like the answer is a resounding "yes." Thank you, thank you, thank you... [:D] [face_love] @};-

Kahara, Ewok Poet, divapilot and 6 others like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful acceptance from Raissa and Doran ;) And the snark between them :D :)

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  22. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    “Commit this to your memory banks:
    to osculate is to osculate,
    to suspire is to suspire—
    the rudimentary principles are in effect
    throughout the sequential passage of chronological intervals.
    And when two beings engage in courtship,
    they are likely to express amatory sentiments,
    of that one may be certain—
    the Galaxy will always be receptive to courtship
    during the sequential . . . passage . . . of chronological intervals!

Seriously, great skit, Raissa Baiard. "Just thank them for the little gold gnome, already." [face_laugh] And Mara's reaction did not pass me by—hintity hint! ;)

OK, here goes with my own thing of this sort, and if this is too long just let me know and I'll find another place for it:

As the orchestra plays and the audience applauds, two very different figures make their way down the aisle toward the stage. One is a woman in her thirties in floor-length Jedi formal robes, whose dark hair is pulled into a simple ponytail. The audience recognizes her immediately as Revan,* Prodigal Knight and savior of the known Galaxy, though her close friends and family still know her as Kateryna “Katts” Rzewanczkowski.

Lumbering along beside her is a much less familiar personage: a thickset, rough-hewn man with sparse, tousled gray hair and a stubbled face, probably in his mid-sixties. He is wearing a formal suit and dinner jacket, but it is clearly unaccustomed attire for him, as he fidgets constantly with his tie.

And, indeed, the woman next to him whispers, “Dad, will you stop fidgeting with your tie?”

“Sorry, darlin’. I just feel like I’m bein’ Force-choked in this thing. Like the time we had to leave Hologram Fun World and you didn’t want to go and you—

“Dad, not now.

“Sorry, sweetheart, sorry . . . I’m just kinda all emotional right now . . . My own little girl . . . my li’l baby Kattsie—”

“It’s Revan while we’re here, please.”

“ . . . awright, my li’l baby Revan, still gettin’ used to that . . . first she’s savin’ the Galaxy from the Sith, the next thing she’s winnin’ fanfic awards . . . I’m just . . . so . . .”

He chokes up and begins to bawl and sniffle. His daughter hands him a handkerchief from an inside pocket of her robes; he blows his nose so loudly that the orchestra stops for a moment. His daughter puts an arm around his capacious shoulders and gives him a peck on the cheek.

We won, Dad. Together. Remember? If you hadn’t been there to tell me to be myself and stand up to Bastila—”

“So ya didn’t choke her after all?” He sounds bemused.

“No, of course not! Violence leads to the Dark Side, remember? She’s one of my best friends now. Look, there she is!” She waves to a woman in one of the front rows with intricately braided brown hair, also in formal Jedi robes, who waves back.

“All right, here we are . . . we can do this, Dad.”

“Spoken like a true Rzewanczkowski,” he grins as they ascend the stage. The orchestra resumes its playing as Katts—that is, Revan—accepts the award and acknowledges the audience.

“Thank you, thank you all. This Best Relationship award is just such an honor for us, and a surprise, too, considering we started out as the figments of one writer’s sleep-deprived imagination. Or Dad did, at least, because I guess I had already technically been written by Drew Karpyshyn. But anyway, thank you all. Dad, would you like to say anything? Dad . . . ?”

He is overcome with sniffles, so it takes him a moment to articulate any actual words. “Well, gee, thanks, darlin’ . . . I’d just like to say . . .” He fidgets with his tie again; Revan tries not to let anyone see her rolling her eyes. “I’m just so proud of my own precious—li’l—darlin’baby—

The words dissolve in another thunderous noseblow. Applause erupts, the orchestra strikes up a festive march, and the Prodigal Knight leads her father quickly offstage.

*Yes, I know, what canon says about this character’s gender. This is an AU, all right? :p

One Wook link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram_Fun_World

Kahara, Ewok Poet, yahiko and 4 others like this.
  23. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Wow, tonight is a festival [face_laugh] Does Pyf's and Huph's magic medicine also work on over-emotional fathers?

Congrats to everyone!!!

Kahara, Ewok Poet, yahiko and 2 others like this.
  24. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Right back at you, @Findwoman! [face_rofl] "...my li’l baby Revan..." [face_rofl] Family's always embarrassing, aren't they, Revan?

Congratulations to the Rzewanczkowskis! I hope we'll see more of you in the future.

And congrats to another stellar group of winners and nominees. =D= =D= =D= to all!

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Congrats to today's winners!

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.