main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The Golden Yodas – The 2016 Fan Fiction Awards Ceremony | See you in 2017!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Great Work all around again everyone! Great stories, authors, and organizers. :D

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Congratulations to everyone who won or was nominated. =D=

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Heheh. I loved the skit.

Congrats to all the winners and nominees. What a great round of awards.

Kahara, Findswoman , pronker and 2 others like this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Congratulations everyone. =D=

Fun ceremony! Very nicely done. =D=

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congratulations to everybody and a big thanks to all the volunteers! [:D]

Kahara, Findswoman , pronker and 2 others like this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    *mind officially blown with time shifting post* And so we bid a fond farewell to the award ceremony and settle in to write, write, write ... and think of next year. It was grand fun to attend and especially nice to have a story nominated. Heartfelt good wishes to Supervisors, Volunteers, Nominees, and Winners. @};- Toodles! [face_peace]

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats to today's nominees and winners! Looking back at the list, the competition was fierce in every single category this year, and I'm sure we'll see a lot more from all these authors in the future :)

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Congratulations to all of the winners! =D=

And a huge thank you to all of the volunteers that made this happen, with a hilarious award ceremony. I love seeing NuCanon!Leia arguing with Legends!Han. [face_laugh]

9. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    The whole ceremony was quite the performance, worthy of an audio drama to be certain. ;)

Chyntuck, Kahara, pronker and 4 others like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A big congratulations gaarastar58, Annia Piet, Findswoman (x2!), and taramidala!
    =D==D= @};-@};-

I also want to thank the volunteers who donated their time to getting these awards off the ground! Thank you, Raissa Baiard , WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , RX_Sith , Findswoman , Kahara , divapilot , and Anakin Solo Revanchist . You guys are awesome and are appreciated! =D=

But I want to say a HUGE thank you to Chyntuck (so huge, I had to put it in a larger font!) for being overseer. You guys have no idea how much work she put into this. It's not an easy job when things were modeled after a previous year, but she had to pretty much start from scratch! ^:)^ =D=@};-

Chyntuck, Kahara, divapilot and 4 others like this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Chyntuck, Kahara, pronker and 3 others like this.
  12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Big congrats to all the nominees and to the winners!!=D= Everyone is amazing and there were some truly wonderful stories out there. ^:)^ Looking forward to next year!

13. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Congratulations to the winners and a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped coordinate and run this year's awards! Well done!

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow! :eek: Here, too, "floored" is the best way to describe my feelings. These surprised me—especially the Before win, since I am a relative newbie in that era with only two short and rather trifling stories in it to my name. But really, to receive this kind of appreciation from a community of this caliber just means more to me than I can say. Thank you, thank you all, and congratulations to all my very worthy fellow winners and nominees. @};- @};- @};-

15. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    So my flight was delayed so I missed my connection. As a result, I'm in a random hotel room with my same clothes on, in a random city, and NOT at home like I was supposed to be...

BUT YAY WIFI SO I CAN SEE THE AWARDS!!!!!!

This is not going to be a complete run-through of all the winners (because I'm running on negative sleep), though my hugest congratulations go out to ALL!!!! But congrats to Annia Piet for a very well-deserved win for new author! Your stuff is amazing girl!! A (not) shocking congrats to divapilot for continuing to be practically perfect in every way! To JadeLotus for pretty much the best L/M series I've ever read--LIKE EVER!!! [face_love] And @ThreadSketch==Elegy is seriously my new head cannon. Freakin' incredible.

Way to go winners!!! [face_dancing] ^:)^[:D]

16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    A QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT PRIZES

Lists have been made, wins have been counted, dices have been thrown and the order in which winners will receive their prizes is behind the spoiler tag below. There are 36 prizes to distribute, so you should all arm yourselves with patience :)

I'll start PM-ing winners about prizes today. Those who won colours as Best Reviewer, Nominations/Voting Champions and for the Random Award should already have received a PM from mavjade.

A few notes:
    • You can see the rules of the prize distribution process here.
    • We have enough prizes, so winners in the author categories will also receive a second prize for any story wins they may have.
    • Once everyone has received their prize(s), I will re-start the distribution process from #6 with whatever prizes we have left.
    • In establishing the list, I counted a win as a co-author as half a win.
    1. divapilot
    2. Findswoman
    3. taramidala
    4. Annia Piet
    5. gaarastar58
    6. JadeLotus
    7. Ewok Poet
    8. Findswoman
    9. ThreadSketch
    10. divapilot
    11. Raissa Baiard
    12. taramidala
    13. leiamoody
    14. Jedi_Lover
    15. skygawker
    16. Kahara
    17. gaarastar58
    18. Admiral Volshe
    19. Ewok_Slayer
    20. x_SwordoftheJedi_x
    21. AngelQueen
    22. Carlos Danger
    23. ZaraValinor
    24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    25. JediMara77
    26. Goodwood
    27. Viridian-Maiden
    28. SabyneAmberle
    29. Chyntuck
    Congrats again to all the nominees and winners and a big thanks to everyone who participated in these awards by nominating, voting, volunteering, moderating or providing a prize [:D]

17. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Let the payouts commence! :D

Kahara, Chyntuck, pronker and 2 others like this.
  18. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Whoops, I'm a day late, but oh well. Congratulations to all the winners! And a huge shout out to everyone who volunteered their time to make the awards happen!

19. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to all the volunteers!

Kahara, Chyntuck, Annia Piet and 5 others like this.
  20. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Congrats to all the winners. I joined the forums a bit too late to participate this time, but hope to join in the voting next time. Nice to see some familiar faces amongst the winners. :D

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Congrats to all the winners and nominees

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Just going to pop in here long after the last minute, since it occurred to me that I didn't make all the replies and congrats I intended.

Thanks to those who voted for Axel Ottle in the Random Award, and to Raissa Baiard for nominating him! :D (Also, kudos again to Raissa for her snazzy awards design. :yoda:)

Thanks for the Nomination Champion thing; it was much appreciated. :)

Thanks also to Chyntuck for coming up with the volunteer awards, as well as for volunteering so much of her own time this year. @};-

Congrats to gaarastar58, Annia Piet, Findswoman, divapilot, and taramidala for your Author awards! [face_dancing]

Okay, now I think that's it. ;)

23. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Thanks Kahara!

I have also been remiss in thanking everyone who nominated and voted for me in all categories, thanks guys! Real life hasn't permitted me to be around much but hopefully I will get back to finishing off some of my stories soon. Did not expect to win at any of the awards at all.

Take care all and congrats to all the other winners as well!

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    INAPPROPRIATE THREAD NECROMANCY BY SHE-CORNHOLIO STARTS HERE. BECAUSE I NEED MY OLIO.

I just wanted to do three things - none of them are related to toilet paper, though:

1. Suggest that we should report here - or in a dedicated thread - when we're done with prizes the next time 'round.

2. Apologise to divapilot , JadeLotus (who has not sent me the material, but still), Findswoman (x2), Kahara and an user I do not dare to tag right now, because I don't know if they want me to for being unacceptably late. 2016 took an U-turn on me to the point where all months but August were carp, by now everybody knows about the June incident, and then there was this. I got in trouble with paying bills, owing work and then some - you will all get your stuff by the next ceremony and since I do plan to offer stuff this time around too - I promise that things will be faster in 2017. I feel extremely guilty, still.

3. Give an immense, enormous, giganticulous thank you to Thumper09 for not only having drawn me a WOW, WOW, WOW illustration for an upcoming fic, but for having sent it to me via snail-mail. I cannot share yet, because it's a spoiler, but I am really grateful, happy and I want everybody to know how awesome she is. @};-

4. No 4.

Thumper09 and Kahara like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.