main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The good board is unavailable

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The server is down. Discuss.

Also, certain people who dress up as gorillas, get sloppy drunk, and measure people's crotches are poopieheads.

2. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Dare I ask?

3. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yeah sure. Why the frack not? I can't help but think of her every time I come to the JC (which isn't very often anymore). She warms the cockles of my heart. And by warms I mean grates. And by cockles I mean nerves. Now I just look at her signature if I want a good laugh.

4. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Feh... old old news. Why bring up all th crap again?

5. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    me likey butts

6. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    That is one of the great truths of the universe.

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    As are all things that I say.

8. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Of course, the one time in all this wedding bruhaha when I can finally get online to the other boards, it shuts down. Oh well...

Anyway, all I wanted to say was that I'm still around, sewing like mad and hoping this whole wedding thing turns out after all this planning.

I also wanted to ask if there were any group plans surrounding the DVD release. If there were, I can't guarantee I'd be able to make it, but at least I could know and try to make it. If not, that's cool, too.

Tom, don't let me forget to bring both your Foreman grill and your DVDs to the book club meeting, since they are now out officially tomorrow. I do want to say that they were very helpful and my scans from them answered a number of my questions that the VHS copies just couldn't. :)

Hope everyone is well in the group and I'll do my best to keep in touch. :)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Dan is hosting a viewing party this weekend, I think.

I'm glad to know that my illegal Malaysian bootleg DVDs which I can't talk about helped someone in this cold, lonely world. [face_flag]

10. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes - We are having a viewing at around 3 at my place on Saturday. No one is allowed to watch any of the movies (but you can watch the bonus stuff) until then.

I have a largish TV with a nice surround sound system.

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Guys, I am DESPERATE for some help moving. It would take 1 hour out of your Saturday morning and I can pay you. I can't move out by myself and my dad can't lift heavy things anymore. You'd be moving my bed, a dresser, and possibly one of my bookshelves. Hour and a half MAX. I'm seriously desperate for help. Call me or PM me here if you can. Thanks.

12. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I would love to help Megan - but I will be busy with a lot of stuff all day on Saturday to get ready for the viewing. I could help Sunday, or maybe Friday night though...

13. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Megan... I'm sorry I didn't get to post before the other board went down. Then I kinda forgot about it, so I'm glad you mentioned it here.

I'll be able to help. I'm a bit slower than I used to be, and some of the strength and stamina has gone by the wayside (that's what one gets for over a year of unemployment), but I'll be able to help. No payment necessary. Just let me know what time.

14. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I am so stressed over this whole thing. ARG! I think I may have found a place, but today is the only day I can look at it and I'm not sure the lady can do it. Now I'm not even sure Saturday will work for moving. It may have to be during the week. I'm just so pissed about this; 8 days till I have to be out of my place and I still have no idea where I'm going to end up.

That and my roomie move out with my DVD cables. So the SW DVD's I just bought look pretty in the box, too bad I can't watch any of it while I pack. :(

15. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Not sure who you mean in the first post but I don't need to know.

Beret, glad to hear you're hanging in there. I can't wait to see some pictures of your completed dress.

Sorry Megan but Saturday morning isn't good here either :( My parents are bringing a swing over for our yard so I have to be here for that.

As for not viewing the DVD's, does peeking at certain scenes count?

16. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    According to our host the site should be back up on thursday.

17. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I can give you a hand, Megan. I've got to be at work until about 9:30 a.m., but I should be available after that. If we can swing it so that we're wrapped up by 1-ish, that would be preferable.

All I ask in payment is that you don't get salty when I thrash you in fantasy football this weekend.

18. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Have I gotten salty yet? No. My arse is too sore from getting kicked. Thanks, Jason. See the other board. :)

BTW, Jeff: Nice MNF game by your ViQueens there. ;)

19. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Megan- I am not good at lifting heavy things but I would be willing to help move other stuff that is lighter and payment would not be necessary. I would be able to do it really early Saturday morning. If it is during the week, it will conflict with play rehearsal.

20. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    The good board is back. Go post.

21. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Does it have a different address, Dawn? I can't get it to come up.

22. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    No, it's at the same address: http://www.wisconsinfanforce.org/forums/

But since the site is on a different server now the ip adress is probably different from before and it may take a day or two for all the DNS servers to update. That's my guess.

In other words try again later.

23. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Thanks, Dawn. :)

24. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    MORE LIES!

I don't know where you get the idea that the site is back up. Have you successfully navigated to it? Have you posted there? I'm guessing you haven't, because no one else here has done it. The site is NOT back up just because SOME sites hosted by the same service are back up.

25. Auraveda

Jun 5, 2001
    I navigated.
    I posted.
    I conquered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.