main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH The Good News, The Bad News

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lady_Lucas, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Will I never learn. :p

2. CINCYFAN

CINCYFAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    I thought that name was pretty funny. It's not like you spelled the whole thing out for us.

I have some good and bad to offer up here:

Good - Have full time work for the summer after some spotty employment. Might have the job I've been after in the fall(still in talks with the Athletic Director at Oak Hills High for a possible job).

Bad - My full time job is temp work in a REALLY HOT warehouse(think Mustafar here).

3. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    you dont know really hot until you work in the warehouse I've worked at for 5 years. Its hotter this year than any previous years, and our second building is regularly over 100 degrees

and take this how you will, but I have pink hair

4. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    As long as the heat isn't what turned it pink, groovy!

Good news! I actually had a boring day at work today! No major machinery repairs!

5. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    but I have pink hair Pink hair?? Are you serious? :eek: Just kidding.... :p I am sure it looks nice. :)

6. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    I was also thinking "I hope the heat didn't do that:) " Seriously, though I hope to get out of this job soon and get into a "real" job so I can get further in my broadcasting career.

7. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    So which aspect of broadcasting are you shooting for? Radio or Television?

8. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    I like them both, but for totally different reasons. You can do sight gags and a lot of stunning visuals on TV, but on the downside you're always "on". On the radio, I can put more personality into what I do and the editing is MUCH easier for me, because you can use different tricks to make bad things sound good. On the downside of that though, everything has to run smooth and on time or you're sunk. I think I like radio a little more right now though, since I've already been in it for a year now (2 if you count internships). I guess I could do either, but I think I enjoy radio a little more.

What mainly interests me is the sports side of broadcasting, so as long as I'm enjoying myself and am into sports in some aspect, I don't think it matters. I just want to get something permanant with more hours and pay. Right now I only work part time and the hours can vary greatly by what events we have on the air(i.e. NASCAR, baseball, etc.) and the pay isn't that great right now, but I do enjoy working there.

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Bad News: I had to go to the dentist.

Good News: The dentist said he saw me on TV when we were at C3!! :) His assistant has Vintage SW stuff she might be willing to let me have :) (cups, etc...).

10. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Poor Ludo.... I am going to have to kiss that sore mouth of yours and make it all better!!! :D :p

11. CINCYFAN

Apr 10, 2005
    I've got a Good and Bad all in one:

I got moved to a different department at my temp job. GOOD, no more heavy lifting, but also BAD: even HOTTER where I work because there is less outside air coming in and less air movement. I do like it better though and it's a step towards the next job(or the door:( . Either way I'll be out soon, I hope.

Also: GOOD: last weekend! OSWCC social Sat. and the FF picnic on Sunday!

Bad: the weekend was just not long enough!

12. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Good news:
    My family finally got high-speed internet and cable today.
    I have a boyfriend now.

Bad news:
    My boyfriend left for boot camp (he's in the Marines) about 2 weeks ago, and I won't be able to talk to him until October.
    I'm still not getting any hours at work.

13. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    Congrats on the first 2,
    the 3rd is just a temporary situation,
    and the 4th will be better for you hopefully

14. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Congrats on the good news, and a sympathy pat for the bad stuff. But look at the positive side to the bad stuff. It won't be that way for long. It seems like everyone gets more hours as the summer draws to an end. And October *groan I'm getting older then* isn't that far away.

Good news...

I got a new one of these...

[image=http://newcars.cars.com/Autodataimages/Images/Exteriors/MiscThumbnails/CAB50HYS021D0806.jpg]

It's a Hyundai Tucson. It's fun to drive!

Sorry about the size of the pic though. I could probably find bigger, but I knew where this one was.

15. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
  16. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Good news: I'm going to be getting a 2005 corolla :D

Bad news: September is going to be tight because I wasn't expecting to get it for another month and a half and I have tuition due this month as well. .. grrrr UC. . .

Good news: Maybe next year I'll have more Fin. Aid. . .

17. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    I also have a good and bad news rolled into one:

Bad news - I was in another car accident a few weeks ago, and my car got totalled. That makes 2 in 9 months, although neither of them were my fault.

Good news - Because of that, I'm getting a new car, and I'll probably get to bring it down here.

18. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Congrats on the new car, maramijade! Sorry about the tight funds though. We just paid the first payment on the Tucson. Ouch! After 7+ years without a car payment...

Sorry about the accident, Candii. Although a new car... Hey, might I recommend a Hyundai Elantra or an Accent. Great fuel economy and relatively low price. And that warranty! You just can't find a dealer who could beat it!

19. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    We went the used car route and bought a Ford Probe on e-bay. I still don't have it though, because it's in the shop. :(

20. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Did you get a good deal for it being on e-bay? I've always heard buyer beware stories about purchasing large or bigger ticket items from e-bay.

Good new! I've taken Friday off, and I've taken Tuesday off for the Labor Day holiday. If you're asking what is so special about that, then let me tell you that the past few weeks have been a real butt buster.

21. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, we got a really good deal. I think that we bought a 1996 model for under $500. It's not running, but we knew that when we bought it. And we bought a car for my brother on Ebay as well for less than $2000, and the only thing that's wrong with it is that the check engine light goes on and off.

22. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    If you disconnect the battery, the engine's computer should reset itself. This may not fix the check engine light coming on and off, but if it does, it may come back on after a while. This would indicate a need to get the engine code read to see what may be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.