main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo The Good News Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Apr 26, 2006.

1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    This thread is for everyone to share their good news with each other. [:D]

It can be any good news, big or small, even things that happened that you're thankful for. It just has to be good news! Anything from you're getting married, to someone let you cut in front of them on the road, to hey, you passed that final exam. No bad news allowed here :D (there might be another thread for that later). ;)

I wanted to start this because sometimes I'm wondering what's going on with you guys and usually see you only once a month. So post away about your good news! [:D]

-Mia

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Mom had her surgery today, and from all accounts it went well. :)

Dana

3. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Yay! I'm so glad it went well.

Oh, my most recent good news is that I have a job. YAY! Started work a few days ago, and so far I like it. Will tell you all more at the activity (on Friday), I guess. :D But yes, very yay. Am a bit too tired to be more excited right now, ;) but this is a very very very Good Thing.

-Mia

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Glad to hear your mom's doing well.

And yay! about your job, Mia!

My good news is that yesterday, my dad was cleaning out the family storage unit and found some of my stuff. Now, when I was married, I had a drawing that I did in Paris that my dad has always wanted to get framed. John ripped up one of my pictures and we thought it had been that one of the Samothracian Nike. Apparently, my friend Amy got it out of the apartment when she picked up my violin, but neither I nor my dad knew about it. So now I'm going to get it framed and give it to my mom for Mother's Day/b-day (a few days apart).

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm done with finals! (Except for the pesky makeup final.) And "Supernatural" is on tonight! Yay!

Dana

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Woohoo! Things to celebrate. :)

7. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Ooh, I don't think I knew that you did paintings. That is awesome when good stuff pops up out of the blue like that. And thanks. :)

Yay for your finals being done! And er... *still has to watch last week's Supernatural*

-Mia

8. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I am now manager of a call center.

And I still work in the same building as Ish.

9. Path_Of_The_Oreo

Path_Of_The_Oreo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    You're manager? Awesome!

My good news is that I've applied to be on Senator Hatch's staff in D.C. ::crosses fingers:: Applying is 1/2 the battle, yes?[face_peace] I have battled the laziness and won!

Oh, and I'm visiting my dad and aunt this weekend. :D

Thanks for posting this exercise in positive thinking thread Mia!

10. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    In other good news my oldest son graduated from BYU in BioChemistry last year. He has applied to five schools for Pharmacy and we knew he got accepted at four, the U of U never getting back to him by the deadline. Well it seams they accepted him also so he will NOT be going out to Ohio to live, but staying right here in Utah!

Also because I was made manager over a team in the parent company my daughter was able to be promoted to a Quality supervisor.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    WHOA! Your son got into the UofU program? That is so unbelievably fabulous!

And Eowyn, it really is half the battle. And you've got an awesome cover letter. :)

12. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    DUDE NO WAY!!! My dad is currently working with him for his sabbatical in D.C.

Hehe, it's fun, isn't it. ;)

Congrats Noelie! For you and your kids! Ohio is far, I have a sister there now. :(

I have more good news. :D My parents sent me a package, a white blouse (which I have been dying for forever) with a pretty black skirt and oooooh. It's sort of out of the blue but the card says it's for my new job and aww it's so nice. I love surprises.

More good news, is the activity is tonight. ;) Yay!

-Mia

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    More good news! I got off my lazy butt and started up "Serenity Now!" again! :D

Dana

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    awwww, so sweet of them.

I got a copy of Anna Karenina.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, I have to list this here! So, I'm a huge fan of Pink 5 and Kateydidnt, Gardener, Spiritofeowyn, etc. know why. I wrote this really random fic yesterday that involved Pink 5 applying for Rogue Squadron. These two random users came to the thread and said they loved it and it turned out to be the creator, writer and director of the series and the visual effects supervisor. I was floored, just a bit. (I was even more floored when I realized FX_guy was actually the director and I didn't notice it until I blogged about ChrisHanel commenting on my story and he went "Hi, this is trey stokes and what am I, chopped liver?") So, then this afternoon, I got back from lunch and there was an email from the director saying that if I was willing to run my ideas by the creative team and get editorial input, he wants me to write basically the fic extensions of that series to be included on the official site! I am so beyond psyched!

16. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    That is such good news! Have your feet touched the ground yet?

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Only because that makes bouncing up and down easier. :)

18. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    My good news...three words:
    Star Wars Marathon!

Ok, so this guy in my ward does movie nights about every three weeks. Sometimes he does themes (like on fantasy nght he showed Legend, The Neverending Story and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe) and he also does serieses (he's did all four HP movies right after the DVD of number four) this week he decided to do a Star Wars Marathon. Yesterday we watched TPM, "The Saga Begins" music video, Star Wars Gangsta Rap, AoTC, The Clone Wars Cartoons, and ROTS, today it continues with the Ewok adventures, ANH, George Lucas in Love, ESB and ROTJ (with probably a few more little things stuck in.

Plus, it is all on the big screen: that apartment owns a projector so we watch it projected directly onto their living room wall.

I think I'm in heaven.

And I seem to be the resident expert on Star Wars, everyone asks me things when they have questions.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That is, indeed, ecstasy, and if we had chosen to, we could have counted last night as the Fanforce activity, since it was me, you, Gardener and Noelie and a whole truckload of random people.

20. Noelie

Jul 11, 2005
    They were really nice guys too. Thank them for me!

21. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    ...Does this guy happen to be single and attractive, by any miraculous chance?

;)

But that is seriously awesome. So awesome!

-Mia

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Single, adorable and one of the few people I have a crush on... But don't tell!

23. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Really? o_O

I'll invite you next time he does a movie night Mia!

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Indeed... It's rather pathetic.

25. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Not really, he is a great guy and I can name at least one other person (who you know) who shares your feelings.

You know what...I think he is from the same stake as Laura_Anu.