Provo The Good News Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Apr 26, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    That's not good news, but congrats! Maybe you should talk to the RSAs about getting your name removed from the headers now.
  2. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Ouch. o_O

I didn't know my name was still linked up there. And without an actual CR TO link to, they'll likely shut down the Provo FF.
  3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Good point.

I have a job interview tomorrow. w00t.
  4. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I finished my manuscript today!!!!
  5. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    The last 2 beads I need to finish my cross stitch project came in the mail today! :D
  6. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  7. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, wish me luck.

I'm going to LA to interview with a director who's working with a VFX Supervisor at ILM for an internship doing post work. I'm hoping it'll eventually lead me to do more work with ILM or another VFX studio.

My plane tickets are bought, I'm registered with a shuttle service to and from, my bags are packed. All that's left to do is learn how to use After Effects. (I wish that was a joke.) :p
  8. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
  9. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Congrats! Not that we're trying to get rid of you, but when do you start?
  10. Espaldapalabras Force Ghost

star 5
    It is strange to think for how long I've been on the boards I've never been involved in this, but maybe that is because my interest in SW faded a long time ago. Good news, well I got a haircut yesterday by a cute girl in my neighborhood.
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Nice. I had my HP-themed birthday party 8 days early and saw the fantastic 7th movie at midnight, got highlights today...
  12. Corrin_Wyndryder Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been working for the last few weeks as an unpaid intern telecommuting from home.
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Cool. I need to check in here more often, but I'm not the only one.
  14. Lexi_Mayn Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi. I live in the greater Salt Lake Valley area. Hope the people who are BYU fans (and there are likely to be a few) will unite with me under the shared banner of Star Wars rather than hassling me for being a UofU...whatever. I really don't feel like falling to the Dark Side...or more so I guess, depending on who you ask.

My good news: I will probably be married before someone else posts to this thread. We'll see. There were no posts in January or February, so it seems probable.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
  16. Lexi_Mayn Jedi Master

star 1
    Nope, not for another eight days. Oh well. I'm jazzed though. My bridal shower is tomorrow...tons of fun at my expense.;) At least I get gifts. :)
  17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, another member of the Fanforce is getting married next weekend. Us bridesmaids threw a really fun high tea for her a while back.
  18. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Sad! The quote board is now locked.

Anyway, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this, primilary Ish and Katey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WD_QMWba-A
  19. Suran_Vesh Jedi Padawan

Greetings, everyone.

Who's still around? Is there still a club?
  20. MightySpork Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't posted on tf.n for years. Just thought I'd check out the provo part. Sad though, most of the threads are closed. Anyway, good news: my cat learned how to use the toilet!
  21. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I'm still around and kicking. Most of the members we had back in the day are still around, minus MiaTieska. It's just a hard thing to get them to post here, but I sometimes mention it when we get together for Doctor Who.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby