main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo The Good News Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Apr 26, 2006.

1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting...Now if we could get a hold of Laura to get dirt. :)

2. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Hehe, awesome! And I will promise not to say anything, Ish. ;)

Isn't there any way we can get any of these people to come to our Fanforce activities?? Come on, there's gotta be! Cause we don't always have to do something SW-related, either. It would be sweet to have a packed movie night.

Hmm, good news... my sister, her husband, and their new baby are flying in on Friday for 2 weeks! Yay!! I haven't met my new niece yet. :-D

-Mia

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That's awesome!

Here's some good news. Spiritofeowyn/Path_of_the_oreo is planning on coming to visit next week!

4. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I guess that since I've decided to give the fan force another try, I may as well post in the good news thread.

Not so plesant part: Friday, I had oral surgery, and it's suprising how many people ask if I was punched on the jaw. It's swollen and bruised right now. After the numbness wore off, it hurt like holy toledo. I was glad when I got the percocet in my syste.

Good part:

I don't hurt right now. I'm trying to get used to the retainer in my mouth...while talking to customers on the phone, but I'm not hurting. :D

Also, my roses are blooming, my irises are blooming, and the clippings of a house plant is FINALLY growing more, after a good 4 months or so of having 4 leaves in water. Roots have grown, and more leaves are starting to sprout! :D I was also able to (nearly) catch up on dishes after none getting done since thursday night.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Apartment 326 got a new member of the family--a piano--over the weekend.

6. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Piano's are always great additions to any family. :D

Especially when someone knows how to play it. My kids are young enough to pound the keys and make a racket, but not quite old enough to even plink out "Mary had a little lamb". ;)

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, my mom's a piano teacher, so it's been fun to grow up knowing how to play.

8. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm in Provo right now. :D For me, this is good news. :D

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    For everyone, it's a good thing!

10. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    I just heard on Friday that my sister went into the hospital thursday night. In labor. :D I have a new little nephew!

And I get to go see them on Sunday! :D

My sister's other son must be having quite some time. His birthday was friday. For his birthday(and on his birthday unless Connor came very fast), he got a baby brother! Sunday is his birthday party where he's getting a gift he really really wants from my other sister.

AND, I work today, but have the next 2 days off, monday with pay for the holiday!

AND, my jaw doesn't hurt anymore from the surgery I had a week ago!

This is just a great weekend for me. Except for the thought about how much money we'll be paying in gas to go to Ogden for the party.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Here's some good news: Lord of the Rings Marathon on Saturday! It's starting at 10 a.m. Literally! You can meet at kateydidnt's apartment and walk the 50 feet to the marathon around that time if you're interested or don't know where it is. We will be watching the animated Hobbit and the Extended Editions of all three films. Hobbity stuff to eat will be provided, such as lembas, and it's with a good crowd of people, so come if you'd like for part or all of it!

12. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    I had an awesome two weeks with my sister, her husband, and their daughter. We hung out a lot with my sister-in-law and her two daughters, and I got hooked on 24. [face_blush] We, uh, watched it like, almost every night. Til 12 or 1 am. I knew I would love this show much too much, lol. And since this is the good news thread I'm not going to go into how much I miss them. ;)

Oh! And my brother is getting married. :)

-Mia

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awesome! 24 is cool and weddings are always fun. :)

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I start my new job tomorrow!

15. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Oh, you got it? Yay! Yay for jobs!

Mmm, I just got paid.

24 is still love.

-Mia

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yup, I got it. Happiness abounds.

17. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    So the funniest thing happened in church today. Right before the meeting started a girl leaned over and told me she had found out I was from Richmond and wondered where exactly I was from because she is from Richmond as well. So I asked her what high school she had gone to to figure out closer where she was from. When she said Hermitage little alarm bells went ff in my head and I asked her her name ("Laura") I stared at her for a second and then asked "Are you Laura_Anu from theforce.net?" She nodded.

So currently there are three TFN members in my ward, soon to be four...

Although Laura is going home for the summer and is not active on the boards right now.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That is the wildest thing on earth. Does anyone else feel sorry for our ward?

19. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL, I am jealous of your ward! That's so awesome.

-Mia

20. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    Move in! :D

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I think we would get very strange looks.

22. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    **Looks strangely at Ish's Darth Tater icon.**

You're already getting them...

:p

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    *coughRyoo/Piettcough* You're one to talk, Kateydear.

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm finally off of my deathless year as of today!

25. kateydidnt

Nov 11, 2004
    My oldest sister is pregnant again, meaning I'll be an aunt again..in about March.