main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun The Good Share thread!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by imperial_dork, Sep 3, 2008.

1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    There's a raccoon with no left front foot stealing cat food from the bowl on my front porch. She's been looking fairly bad since her accidental amputation (though is there such thing as amputation on purpose?). But has returned now and looks to be healed and such. I don't have the heart to run her off... Especially since my children named her Gimpy.

2. Hooper

Hooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2009
    Today is my first day of school!

3. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I'm going to Vegas on Thursday, and just booked my comped room for November. The Mirage approves and is paying my airfare if I come back in December.

[face_dancing]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I got a raise.

5. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I joined a student organization today. There was several hot girls there as well. University girls are so hot, they make crazy..

6. zombiesmakemehot

zombiesmakemehot Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2011
    ....and according to Block they put out if you give them the beer.

7. Beef_Sweetener

Beef_Sweetener Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 25, 2005
    I got some black angus burger patties and some bratwurst today!

8. Darth_SylviaBrowne

Darth_SylviaBrowne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2006
    Beef sweetners icon looks like Dylan Moran. IT both excites and confuses me.

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I have a new, big, comfy, bassy headset, to replace my flimsy 10? plastic disgrace to sound

10. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    My eye itches. Just the left one.

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    My dream last night:

It started with me roaming around in a large old house. As I wandered a man on a phone said, "They'll be here soon." A time later a large glowing cone thing which I think my dream was trying to start off as a UFO thing turned into a blimp that dropped off something like 100 - 200 celebrities onto my front lawn. As I stood on my porch with the phone-guy looking over them the phone-guy says to them, "Here we go, 1...2...3..."

Ever start to wake up and you see the backs of your eyelids before you open your eyes? That was my view. My eyes open and I am in a film theatre with all the celebrities and the phone-guy. They are all happy and yelling, "It worked!" We were in a shared dream like Inception. Phone-guy pointed at celebs and they started going through odd motions and jumping around. He pointed at me and said, "Your turn."

I went into a deeper dream where I was standing on a square of sand made for a beach volleyball game. Not much happened here other than phone-guy is there and says, "Think of a favorite food..." the court went away and I was now in a large room the size of a football field. Well, there are those halloween miniature candybars? I pointed at the ground and three foot long versions of them sprouted up stacked on top of each other to a height of 20 feet. I made something like 20 stacks! Weeeee!

Then something clicked, and this level of me relized it was not real and I concentrated, took on the closed eye lids view again, opened my eyes and I was back on the volleyball court. I relized this was fake too and pushed on to the theatre. I relized this was unreal too and concentrated and I was back on the porch, relieved and excited that I went through the levels of dreaming. Then I relized I was still dreaming and willed myself to try and wake up. I did. I saw the behind the eyelids view again, pushed a little more, and woke up for real.

It was still the middle of the night, hours beefore my alarm would go off. It it was cool as hell. I do not recall the last time I had such a vivid and fun dream.

12. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Only time for one post this evening, but the tale of my day seems a worthy subject. Well... really it's the tale of my lunch hour.

I took my lunch at 1230. I work in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. There's a Waitrose nearby and since it was a Friday I decided I would drive over and get myself something nice, bring it back to the kitchen and bask in my colleagues' envy. At 1230 I picked up my bag from next to my desk and made my way out to the car. En route I removed my wallet from the bag (I'd only need that from the bag). I placed my wallet on my car roof and with both hands now free put my bag in the boot ('trunk'). I got in my car and drove to Waitrose. Only five minutes. Upon arrival I parked and realised immediately I didn't know where my wallet was. In a panic, I turned the car inside out but to no avail. I phoned someone at work and got them to look around my desk, the toilets, the kitchen, the car park and the road immediately outside the premises. No luck.

What I'd done, of course, was drive to Waitrose with my wallet still on the car roof. At some point in the trip it slid off onto the road.

I drove back to work, and back to Waitrose, and back to work and back to Waitrose and back to work... all in the hope I would spot my bland brown wallet on the road somewhere. It was nowhere to be seen.

Back at work I phoned the Police to report it missing, and my bank to get my debit and credit cards cancelled. The thing is, a wallet or purse has more than just practical artifacts... mine has treasured pre-digital photos, little things that remind me of certain people (friends, family, old girlfriends, holidays, good times in my life - I'm sure you all have your own examples). It even had some fur from my first cat - now dead for 17 years. I was annoyed at the thought of the rigmarole of replacing cards / driving licence etc that now lay in front of me... but perhaps more so because I'd lost some precious memories.

At 1330 I was sat at my desk feeling rather pissed off when... my mother phones me through work. Secretary puts her through. I prepare to tell her of my stupidity. Instead, "Christopher! Your wallet's been found!"

Turns out that it was found on the road by a postman in Cheltenham. He looked at the address on my driving licence to see where the owner lived. He brought the wallet back to the main Sorting Office and passed it onto the postman who delivers to my home address (in Gloucester - just 8 miles away). This second postman then took it on his afternoon round and put it through my letterbox. Obviously nobody was home. So (really considerately) he rang a few more doors in the street until someone answered. Turns out the person who he did speak to knows my mother because she attends the Doctor's surgery my mother works at. My neighbour telephoned my mother at work to let her know what had happened, and my mother phoned me!

So I lost my wallet after leaving it on top of my car as I drove around Cheltenham and it arrived home before I did! :p

Sure, I'd be happier had I not cancelled my cards (replacements not due for a week), but I'm lucky to get my wallet and all its contents back at all, let alone as quickly as I did.

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Used giftcards to buy sw bluray collection.

EDIT: Sorry, thought this was the cry more thread.

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Just stepped out of a heavenly shower. Amazing how some hot water will cleanse your spirit and some of your woes from the day.

15. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Some guy trying to impress me "not to say I know John Edwards, but I know John Edwards. and I'm hanging out with George Noory this weekend [face_plain]

16. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    I've been trying to get a thesis advisor (read:funding) at UW-Madison for the past few months, and last weekend a professor asked if he could call me to talk more about his research. Yay! He is doing super cool stuff and I suspect he wouldn't bother calling me unless he thought he had a good spot for me.

Then today a different prof asked if he could also call! Double yay!

Also, extra yays for returned wallets. I can only imagine how frustrating that was.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My thesis film was one of 5 at my University to get a grant from Kodak, which will save us thousands of dollars on our film [face_dancing]

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Art Bell was hitting on you?

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    My wife just called me at work expressing a bit of jealousy over the number of women who have wished me a happy birthday on FB today.

20. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    A guy in day glow pink socks and shoes is taking pictures of automatic weapons in a magazine.:confused:

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    clearly he's doing it for breast cancer awareness.

22. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I saw two high school friends for the first time in 20 years today. Not much has changed, but we can afford to eat in better places.

23. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
  24. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I have been in bed sick for the past 5 days reading smutty fanfiction from video games I played.

So far:

Dragon Age
    Jade Empire
    KOTOR

moved on to KOTOR 2 today.

:D

25. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm sorry your recovery has been so difficult.