main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun The Good Share thread!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by imperial_dork, Sep 3, 2008.

1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    The song "Sixteen Candles" is a lot less charming if you imagine it being sung by a 50-year-old.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    They sent me home from work early today. :D :D Of course I worked 6am to 2 yesterday then 9:30pm to 1:30 am and back this morning at 5 this morning.

3. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Bad Share:
    My favourite radio show got cancelled after being a nightly fixture in my life for 7 years. Gutted. :-(

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The harbor seal that our SeaWorld Rescue Team picked up from La Jolla is making a full recovery in the Rescue pools near our office. She had fishing wire so tightly wrapped around her neck that it was cutting into her skin and causing her bleed. Once she gets back to 100% health, she's going to be released back in La Jolla cove.

An onlooker even has video of our guys rescuing her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KgqsKloh4Q

5. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    I was going to post this in the locksmith thread, but it seems like it really ought to go here.

One time, when I was locked inside a church, a friend of mine who was locked in with me pulled out his lockpick set and went to work on the multiple padlocks twisted in the chains around the door handles.

I have never seen more effort put into preventing people from exiting a house of worship. This made me wonder what was lying in the crypt. Johann's lockpick skills were defeated, and someone had to run next door to the rectory to wake the priest up and let us out. He showed up in an Edmonton Oilers sweatshirt with a panicked look upon his face.

He released us, but told us we could not move the baptismal font in order to accommodate our pirate ship.

I swear to God I have pictures, but no working scanner. :(

6. FatFrank

FatFrank Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2011
    lol

7. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    BioWare kinkmemes have ruined me. RUINED!

8. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    You're so wrong. :p

9. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001

oooh, do tell! :p

And I got notification my favourite Dragon Age fanfiction has been updated AND it's my lunch break so I can read it!! :D
    s

10. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    [face_worried]

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just ate one of the most fat things ever. I was watching Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and this lady was making captain crunch french toast. Once I was done salivating all over myself I made some. Seriously one of the best snacks I've ever made. SO good.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am hungover. i only drank three beers last night. i am getting old.

13. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Came home from work yesterday and found out TBF's mom made a thanksgiving dinner! :D

14. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
  15. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    :D

and I think my fanfic is done! :D

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Cool! When fandom and characters?

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    KOTOR fluff. :D

Carth... [face_love]

18. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Probably shouldn't link directly to it, but if you search for the words "dragon", "age" and "kink" on LJ, there might be a community relevant to your interests. ;)

So I'm going to this tomorrow night:

[image=http://i42.tinypic.com/2sbwd8y.jpg]

SO EXCITE

19. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    72 degrees and gorging on fresh seafood
    #margaritaville

20. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Thank you! But I am kinda freaking out because I am almost done! And the prompts NEVER get filled in a timely manner. :eek:

And my good share: I finally figured out how to use a program to migrate library files, after 3 weeks of mucking around being stupid and making a mess with it. I shouldn't get fired now! :D

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I was walking from the parking lot of the grocer's market back to my vehicle this afternoon when I heard a huge commotion over in the next aisle. There was a riotous burst of screaming, clapping and cart-wheeling. Some young children had been left in the car while their mother ran in to grab something, as often happens. What were the children on about?

In their beautiful rambunctious chorus, they were calling out "Obama! Obama! Yay Obama!" Peering over into the other aisle, his voice was apparently playing on the radio. They called trying to get my attention about it, and I gave them an approving thumbs up, but didn't otherwise try to engage/approach out of appreciation for how difficult it can be to teach your children not to talk to strangers. Still, though it was a really great and heart-warming moment.

22. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just got 5 awesome pairs of glasses from this website www.zennioptical.com for 80 bucks. I had to wait like 4 weeks because they come for China but the wait was totally worth it. Check it out if you know your prescription and want cheap glasses.

23. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I haven't gotten to sleep before midnight all week. This is not going to end well. [face_tired]

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    My daughter and her fiancee are on their way to Vegas. Tomorrow I join them and Friday they marry.

Can't even say how happy I am.

25. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    My cat finally pooped that floss she ate on Monday and I am so relieved. Oh, the little pleasures in life.

Healer_Leona likes this.