main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun The Good Share thread!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by imperial_dork, Sep 3, 2008.

1. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    UPDATE: they are still married!

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I surpassed 100,000 my goal of words written in one year. Even with my chronic illness! Woohoo! :D

Juliet316 and jp-30 like this.
  4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    In the JCC?

5. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Ouch, I butchered that post.

Fiction writing. If I was including TFN, I'd be way over 100,000.

I need a life. :p

6. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I just found out Swedish Fish are gluten-free! :D

Juliet316 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    After being 'scoped at both ends this morning I find out I do not have any form of cancer in my digestive tract. I am probably going to have an MRI to check my organs. But for now I am well.

8. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    That's a shame.

Darth Punk likes this.
  9. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I finally got approval for the Mayo Clinic. They are willing to help me!!
    Now my insurance just has to approve the visit.

Juliet316 , Darth Punk and AmySolo like this.
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I switched auto insurance and will now pay $70 less a month.

Lady Mary and AmySolo like this.
  11. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I think I may have received a sign from God... Ran into my old highschool buddy/band mate who I used to make music with all the time at the bus stop outside my house, turns out he just signed a lease on a place a couple houses down from mine. The reason we stopped jamming as much was because I moved after I graduated. I bring this up to another friend who used to be a fan of our fictional band, and who happens to be a bassist, and he wants to jam with us. I'm also dying to write a masterpiece for someone so I'm ready to practice my ass off.

AmySolo likes this.
  12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Rock is the devil's work

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    On the left, Peter Getz rescuing Josibelk Aponte from a fire in 1998. On the right, the pair reunited at her graduation Tuesday night.

[​IMG]

Article

Juliet316 and vin like this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

99% of the time, the internet is a toilet. 1% of the time, like this, it spreads good feelings.

Healer_Leona , Juliet316 and vin like this.
  15. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Glad to see this thread upped. We need more good shares.
    Hil and Trump and sucking the joy out of this world.

Healer_Leona and heels1785 like this.
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And happened in Philly, no less!

The center of the universe's negativity and horribleness, home of the Flyers.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

The Florida State football team visited a Middle School in Tallahassee, and WR Travis Rudolph spied a young boy, who is autistic, eating by himself. The young boy's mom got a picture of the pair eating together, and posted the following comment:

Several times lately I have tried to remember my time in middle school, did I like all my teachers, do I even remember them? Did I have many friends? Did I sit with anyone at lunch? Just how mean were kids really? I remember one kid on the bus called me "Tammy Fay Baker" bc I started awkwardly wearing eye liner in the sixth grade, I remember being tough and calling him a silly name back, but when he couldn't see me anymore I cried. I do remember middle school being scary, and hard. Now that I have a child starting middle school, I have feelings of anxiety for him, and they can be overwhelming if I let them. Sometimes I'm grateful for his autism. That may sound like a terrible thing to say, but in some ways I think, I hope, it shields him. He doesn't seem to notice when people stare at him when he flaps his hands. He doesn't seem to notice that he doesn't get invited to birthday parties anymore. And he doesn't seem to mind if he eats lunch alone. It's one of my daily questions for him. Was there a time today you felt sad? Who did you eat lunch with today? Sometimes the answer is a classmate, but most days it's nobody. Those are the days I feel sad for him, but he doesn't seem to mind. He is a super sweet child, who always has a smile and hug for everyone he meets.

A friend of mine sent this beautiful picture to me today and when I saw it with the caption "Travis Rudolph is eating lunch with your son" I replied "who is that?" He said "FSU football player", then I had tears streaming down my face. Travis Rudolph, a wide receiver at Florida State, and several other FSU players visited my sons school today. I'm not sure what exactly made this incredibly kind man share a lunch table with my son, but I'm happy to say that it will not soon be forgotten. This is one day I didn't have to worry if my sweet boy ate lunch alone, because he sat across from someone who is a hero in many eyes. Travis Rudolph thank you so much, you made this momma exceedingly happy, and have made us fans for life! #travisrudolph #gonoles #autismmom #fansforlife

Very touching. Personally, I hope to one day make it my career, working with groups of kids and doing my part to curb the scourge of bullying that seems to be getting worse and worse. The stories of young people taking their life because they cannot escape their tormentors, be it teachers/parents/fellow students harassing them over their weight, financial status, clothes, sexuality, anything - are the very worst to read. As is true with many aspects of our society, we can do better. Well done, Travis Rudolph, for making sure this young man was not alone.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I made a donation to Lifespan.io and the amount was enough to enter me in a drawing for an iPhone7. I have yet to own a smartphone.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I accidentally tore my jeans the other day, but that's okay, because now I have holy jeans, and that makes me cool.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  21. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Today I learned that in JC polls, where the user votes are visible, the order in which the voters are displayed (for each option) is not alphabetical nor by time of vote but by their registration date. Interesting.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Found out I was one of 5 winners is a drawing for free essential oils from my supplier.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Update. I did not win.

24. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    It is my first day of maternity leave. :)

Juliet316 and Healer_Leona like this.
  25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    You **** that kid out already?

JediYvette likes this.