main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA **** The Good Stuff ****

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    We can't have the bad and no good! It's also great to share life's little triumphs with friends, too. Did the kidlette do something cute, you got an "atta boy" at work, you bought something you've been wanting, your parents are coming to visit, or finally going home. Whatever it is that made you smile today, share it. We'll either be happy with you... or point and laugh, you just never know with this group!! [face_laugh]

Okay, the padawan is flying in tomorrow at 12:30. I get to be a full-time mom again for 2 weeks!!! Comic-Con is probably not gonna happen for me this year, but I get to spend some time with my boy! It's worth the trade to me!

2. jaded_jedi3

jaded_jedi3 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2007
    Well, I have good news! I have only 46 pages left to redo for my novel! :D I have 153 pages (87,764 words) completed of the revision and then I will be sending it back to the editor who wanted to read it when I did all this for her! I am sooo excited!! :D *happy ewok dance*

3. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's great Jaded!!! Good work!

Yea, Delta's back!! How was the mission? I'm glad you're back safe and sound!

And, no, it's not rewired, I'm TV-less. I'll be leaving to pick up the Padawan in a little bit. If he's as clueless about it as I'm thinking, I may take you up on the offer.

4. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Sure thing.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    He doesn't have a clue. Can you help??? Please???

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thank you Delta!!! We now have tv, surround sound, satalite and dvd/vcr working!!! Life is good!

7. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    No problem.

8. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    [face_dancing] Hee Hee, I wanted to get the new LA Galaxy shirt but was put off by the price but someone put me onto a code to use online to get 25% off at sports authority's website so I saved $20 on it! Not just to wait for the stock to arrive.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just got home from B&N with my printed and taped copies of The Deathly Hollows. I've read the last two chapters and am now ready to jump back to the beginning to get it to all make sense. No spoilers from me!!

Here we go!!

JM and Ryan, it was really nice to hang out in line with you!

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    The wife and I went to the Hollywood Bowl last night to see the LA Phil followed by Jamie Cullum. It was excellent, it was titled Cool Britannia. They started with a bunch of Bond themes followed by some Noel Coward songs then Ivor Novello then the Austin Powers Music (George Clinton was there, so he got a big cheer as the writer to Power's theme) then Jamie Cullum came out and just wowed the folks who've never heard of him, he was great.

Y'all should check him out, All at Sea and What a difference a day makes

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Woot, the wife is mere hours away from completing her MA. 6pm tonight and she's all done. We had the presentations last night at the college. It was really good, she received her award and then there was food and entertainment afterwards. Me so proud of her.

I gotta load some pics. We were sat at our table and a Praying Mantis landed right in front of me. I took some pics of the little fella, it was so funny, he turned and looked at the camera as I took the picture!

12. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    That's cool, Stuart. Tell Aimee congrats from me. I know she's worked long and hard!
    I'm off until late Monday nite,not sure if I'll have internet access or not. Things have been dragging as far as getting my business off the ground and suddenly doors have opened in a whole other direction. I'm going to a training seminar in Sherman Oaks to become a grief/loss counselor. I can do that and still work around Ryan's homeschool/therapy schedule. I had also acquired a domain name last year that I was going to eventually do as a ministry, but it's worked out where I'm going to sell books and other things that help people deal with loss and grief that occur with different things such as death/divorce/illness/having your child diagnosed with special needs etc. The website should be up by the end of August. It's hopeforthebrokenhearted.com/org./net. I'm really excited. So many things have just dropped in my lap and doors have opened. I'm still doing the sci-fi stuff, but that's a little further down the road, it requires too much cash outlay to do it the way I want right now...though I am going to put my sci-fi caketops, baskets etc. that I have now up for sale, probably on ebay, just to get some more funds coming in. I'm so excited. Ryan's therapist has been really encouraging about this. I'm also starting some college courses thru a christian college that will give me a certificate in christian couneseling and will be doing a specific program for counseling kids. We'll see what happens. My website will also be a resource site for finding info. for all the various things mentioned above and hope to start chat forums, prayer lists etc.... That's my good stuff. Finally feel like we're moving forward with the next chapter of our lives and that maybe some good can come out of all that we've been through by helping others deal with it! God is good! Take care to everyone...talk to you soon.[:D]

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That's great news Deb!

[image=http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/sgca27/NevillethePrayingMantis-4.jpg]

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Huge congrats to Aimee!!! The light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train... it was her MA!! =D=

Yea Debbie!!! I think you'll be an absolutely incredible grief counselor!! You have such a heart for people! You're gonna be awesome! [:D]

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    *Two moons on 27 August*

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for......... Planet Mars will be the
    brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will culminate
    on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 3465M miles of earth. Be sure to
    watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am . It will look like the earth has 2 moons.
    The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yeah me! I just got me lunch from Taco Bell and they are running a contest to win tickets to the world series. I put my code in and won an instand prize. I won an Authenic Customized Jersey! Those run $239!!! I picked an Angels one and put me name and a number on the back. [face_dancing]

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    AaS, that's terrific!!! You'll have to post a picture once you get it! Congrats!

My good stuff: I finally got a Jedi cloak/robe. Ordered one from a lady at the Comic-Con and it arrived yesterday. (I decided on that rather than another light saber) It looks great and I love it!!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Wasn't sure where to post this. Since it's funny, thought I'd slap it in here. HanChewy, you'll appreciate this one.

Last night I started dreaming that a snake was biting my foot, some sort of Harry Potter type thing. Well, I woke up with a start and found that it was my cat Vader attacking my foot. Even through the blankets, he drew blood. When the dark sides gotta come out, the dark side comes out! [face_devil]

19. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I hope you're all right. What would make him do such a thing? I finally got back on the boards again. Yeah, me. I am sorry to hear about your toe. And congrats to Stuart for winning the shirt. Go Angels!!!

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Life%20According%20to%20my%20Camera/IMG_1994.jpg]

Yep, that sweet little face has a killers heart! I'd probably moved my foot in my sleep and he pounced. I'm fine, thanks. It's funny how dreams can change so quick with what's going on around you.

AaS, this cat was meant to serve King Ryan! [face_devil]

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    <---- Is working the Emmys [face_dancing]

22. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005

That's cool Stuart...what are you doing?

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Co-Hosting. :p

Various tasks, will find out more soon, you may be able to spot me on TV though.

24. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    hello all...i'm back! this looks fun, can't wait:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Can't say this was good for me, but I'll post it here anyway:

A former student called me in a panic yesterday morning saying that she had rescued 2 half starved shepard pups and would I be able to keep them for awhile because the high school custodian wanted to catch them and call the dog pound. The chorus teacher said the pups could stay in her room all day until the gal could bring them to me.

I already have 1 small and 8 large dogs at home.

Guess what?? They're in my laundry room and truely half starved. I've fed them all they could eat (several times), bathed then and trimmed their nails, loved on 'em and now they're sound asleep on several blankets in a large kennel, finally safe and sound. One looks like a fawn colored shepard, really beautiful and the other cutie looks like a cross between a shepard and a dobie and their probably about 3 months old. Both are sweet as can be and I'm a complete sucker!!!

As I said, it wasn't lucky for me, but quite lucky for them.

Anybody want a free pup?:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.