main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA **** The Good Stuff ****

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Ditto!!! Happy Father's Day!!!

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I found a Dane rescue and they're supposed to come and get this gentle giant in my back yard today!!! Yea!!

3. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay! I hope he finds a good home!

4. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Fair well, small cow! Happy Trails!

Kari, only you would have an animal THAT size wander into your yard and attempt to stay. I'm sure he saw the Pack and figured his kind was welcomed there. [face_laugh]

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    They couldn't come get him today, however his doggie limo will be here to take him to Giant Doggie Nirvana tomorrow morning at 9:00. Tidus, my male lab will be quite happy to see him go. His ego is a bit out of joint due to him not being the biggest dog in the yard. On the other end, Tank (13 lb runt dog) has had no problem keeping the big guy in his place. It's quite a crack up to see that little dude go after a dog whose head is bigger than his whole body! Thank goodness my guest is truly a GENTLE giant!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My yard is now officially down one cow sized dog. He was just picked up and is on his way to the rescue. Life is good!

7. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Good job on finding a rescue to take him!

I've got the really fun job of trying to brush my dog today. I went to Petsmart last night and picked up some tools. She's so dirty from lying in the dirt all the time and she's shedding her coat too. We usually shave her down for the summer but I'm wary of doing it again this year. Last year whoever groomed her nicked her all over the place, and even put a big fat notch in her ear!! I felt so bad for her, it must've really hurt. It wasn't bleeding, but still, it had to have hurt like crazy. :( After I brush her I'm going to stake her down in the grass and give her a bath. If I do take her to the groomers I'll take her someplace like Petsmart and maybe just get her trimmed. Then I swear I'll keep up on her brushing so I don't have to go through this again!

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I finally gave up on a groomer and bought my own clippers when I owned a couple of Springer Spaniels. A decent set of clippers is about $75 and pays for itself within 2 or 3 shavings. My dogs would sometimes come home from the groomers cut or traumatized. Since I didn't do the normal Springer cut, just shaved them down a couple of times a year, it was worth it! Just a thought!

The rescue that came and got the Dane, Gentle Giant Rescue, is owned by Burt Ward (Robin from the original Batman series) and his wife Tracy. I guess she's a huge large breed dog fan and rescuing them is her passion. They also have a dog food line for giant breeds. People adopt their rescued dogs from all over the world. Pretty cool!

9. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I thought the good clipppers cost over $100. I keep on seeing the Oster Turbo A5 being mentioned, and that's like $150 at least. Maybe I should look on Amazon.com and see reviews on other ones.

That's pretty neat about the rescue. Oh the people you'll meet!

*Edit* I think I found some on Amazon.com for $80. It has a 5 out of 6 stars rating out of 24 reviewers, and it comes with different blade attachments. Thanks for the tip!

10. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I've heard of that rescue. One of the ladies I work with checks out their site a lot. She loves Newfoundlands.

I had to patch my dog up last night. He had somehow managed to skin part of his pad. Crazy dog. Now he's all bandaged up.

11. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Poor doggies! :(

My first two days back at college have gone surprisingly well. I've got a good math teacher this time. :)

12. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    OMG! That's a great looking dog! Great Danes are the best dogs! I miss mine.

13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Our daughter's got an Dane/Mastiff mix. He is huge, but a real sweetheart. They love him, bunches.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Nicole, how are your doggies' paws?

15. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    He's good. I think just cleaning it out and having it bandaged for the day helped. He's running all over the place again. :D

16. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    WOO-HOO! [face_dancing]

My boyfriend is going to be home the day after tomorrow!!!!!

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sending a huge, gianormous hug out to Curtis and his friend Scott! They both took time from their Holiday, trekked all the way to the Outer Rim and finished up my spare bathroom.

You're true gentlemen and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

18. TheForceContained001

TheForceContained001 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2008
    Hey isnt this a Star Wars discussion board, whats this about little poodles, i mean come on!

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    There's more to life than Star Wars and this group is proof!

20. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    We're family and you talk to your family about all kinds of things.
    We care if people have a bad day or the best day ever.
    We like to do Star Wars related things and other things.
    This is a fan board and Star Wars may be what brings us together,
    but it's our family bond that keeps us together.

*Hops off the soap box*

So my good stuff is Ronnie started school. Yay!!!
    He will be certified after 10 months.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Nicely said, JO!!

Okay, we already know that Ronnie is certifiable (as many of us here are), but what will he be certified in? I'm sorry that I don't know, however, I'm very happy that he's in school!

22. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I second that, Kari!

I'm what I would call a "casual" SW fan. I like the movies, I love costuming, but I don't read any comics or books. This is the perfect club for me because it isn't about who knows the most, who can outdebate the other person, and a chance to act like you're superior to everyone else. This is a place to have fun talking about anything in general as well as participate in SW-related issues. We care about each other here, so we want to know what's going on in ALL aspects of life. TheForceContained001, as had been mentioned to you before, this probably isn't the club or forum for you. I suggest you find a forum more suited to your taste, because frankly, you're not exactly making friends here.

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    King Ryan is being a pain in the butt! We've tried to take the cone off of him twice now and both times he's gone straight for his eye and made it bleed again!

He's still in the cone, he doesn't like ointment being put on his eye either! Though he did finally let me give his meds via his mouth without biting my fingers.

Still got another 9 days till he gets the stitches out!

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Which means you have another 9 days of him being totally peeved at you. For his sake, you gotta keep the cone on him. I'm not sure who I feel sorrier for... King Ryan or you?

25. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    LOL Yes, he is certifiable.
    He is going to an automechanic school. Yesterday was his first day. He's really excited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.