main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA **** The Good Stuff ****

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
  2. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Did anybody watch the Star Wars 2 Robot Chicken on Toon network Sunday? We watched it twice and loved it. It was so fun. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD. It's a keeper.

3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Watched peices of it on the website. Funny stuff!

For the first time since he was born, Joseph got to spend Thanksgiving with us; and not only did we have him yesterday, but we get him the entire weekend- starting earlier on Tuesday and running all the way to Sunday....five days in a row! [face_dancing] Caasi hasn't gotten him this long since the two-week vacation back in Summer.

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I missed it cos Charter (:mad: ) doesn't have toon network in HD. I dont bother watching the channels now unless it's in HD. Stoopid Charter has barely any HD channels.

5. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Time to change to Direct TV. They have lots of HD channels.

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Direct TV is the company that took over $500 out of my checking account without my authorization. Said I owed for almost 2 years of my contract. When their equipment went bad, they had to send me a new received and they started my contract over without telling me. After admitting to their mistake, probably 20 to 30 calls from me, countless unfulfilled promises and over 4 months, they finally refunded my money.

I did some research online about them. Seems that this is quite normal for DirectTV to do. They're fine until you want to cancel, then watch out! They'll rob you blind! I'll NEVER use them again! Just be careful!

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I would love to ditch Charter, they are the worst cable company around.

Unfortunately there is a Palm tree which is directly blocking the HD signal for both DirecTV and Dish so I could only get Standard Definition which I wont waste money on having bought an HDTV. The signal that comes down for HD is about the width of a baseball and the palm tree blocks/distorts it out.

DirecTV were great in the whole thing and refunded my money instantly when they couldnt install.

Verizon are suposed to have put FioS in Rancho but members of the city council have shares in Charter & Time Warner Cable and are using every excuse under the sun to stop Verizon from putting Fios in Rancho. Verizon are so busy in other cities with Fios they haven't had time to force the issue. Rancho are breaking the law by not allowing Verizon to install it so it's only a matter of time before it's allowed in.

8. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    We have never had problems with Direct TV. I am so sorry about your dealings with the company. We do need to tighten down the dish on ours. Sometimes we have a problem with the HD signal because of the wind up here.

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Walmart.com has FX Lightsabers for $50! I might finally get one.

10. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    wow, that's a deal. We were just at Toys R Us and they were $119.00 there

11. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I love snow!

12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Yup, Snow is cool (no pun intended, LOL).

I'm hoping we get some. We had a couple flurries early this morning but it didn't stick. :_|

13. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Went up to Wrightwood today. I'll post a few pics later. I got one with the temp in the background showing 35 degrees and i'm in shorts with snow all around. We ate the Grizzly Bear cafe...yummy!

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    IT'S SNOWING!!!! [face_dancing] And sticking, too! We got about an inch, but it sure is pretty.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Final tally tonight: 17" of snow at my place. I took a ton of pictures. If anybody would like to browse through them, here they are.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Snow%20Day%202008-12-17/SnowDay357.jpg] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Snow%20Day%202008-12-17/SnowDay331.jpg] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Snow%20Day%202008-12-17/SnowDay332.jpg]

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Snow%20Day%202008-12-17/SnowDay389.jpg] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Snow%20Day%202008-12-17/SnowDay406.jpg] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Snow%20Day%202008-12-17/SnowDay388.jpg]

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Totally cool! Got stuck today...had to have someone take my mom home. They got stuck too. Three people later and 5 hrs of fun fun fun...we made it. I'll post my pics thursday.

17. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    That's about how much we got, too. :) It's 23 degrees right now! The clouds are gone, so the snow is going to start going bye-bye. :( Oh, well. Dad does need to go to work.

18. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Looks like your pups are loving it, Kari. One of my coworkers is on day 3 of having to stay home from work because the pass is closed. Boo hoo, wish I had snow days.

19. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Those pictures are really beautiful Kari.
    I'm so glad that you all are loving it. I love the pictures, but I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it. I really hate being cold. Can't wait for summer![face_laugh]

20. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    That is so fun for you, Kari and your dogs. It looked the same way with my daughter in Hesperia. She kept sending us pictures on Brittany's cell phone. The grandkids had a bunch of fun. Of course the girls wanted me to go there, so they could play, but I said no because I knew the pass would be closed much of the time. I hope you had fun, Mike in Wrightwood. Can't wait to see your pictures. Where did you get stuck at? It looks beautiful from here to see the mountains. I understand your not wanting to be cold, Minda. I don't like it either. But, hot cocoa would be great.

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm not exactly a fan of coldness!! No playing in the snow for me. Just went out to take pictures and laugh at the dogs. Today, I actually shoveled snow. That was the only way I could get my trash cans to the street. I also tried to get my Blazer out. I dug it out to the street, then saw that the neighbor get stuck right in front of their house due to the mud, so I decided to wait to try to get out tomorrow. Can't believe that I had to shovel snow and that I'm stuck in my own driveway!!!

Glad some of you had fun!

22. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    We had to shovel our driveway too. I never thought I'd see the day I had to do that! what an incredible experience this has been. It's just so beautiful with the sunlight glistening on the snow. It sucks if you were one of the unlucky ones that couldn't get home, but if you got to be home in it, it was a wonderful change of pace!

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Dad and I tackled our driveway today, too; Mom had work.

We LOVE playing in the snow! With the fall semester over and two weeks of vacation from college everyone had a ball. Aaron is working on a HUGE snow fort and I made a snowman version of one of those 'old guy' muppets- either Statler or Waldorf- wearing earmuffs and looking quite sour, LOL. What I want to do is grab a clean trash can and a large salad bowl and mold a snow R2. :D But Mom'ds with you guys, Minda and kari! She hates being cold. She loves looking at snow, but hiking through it or playing in it doesn't sit well with her.

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Introducing...Snow2-D2.

[image=http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/snow2d2.jpg]

[image=http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/snow2d21.jpg]

I know he doesn't look all that great...the food coloring likes to run.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    WOW! Great job, Carrie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.