main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA **** The Good Stuff ****

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Never had a live tree, just a prerecorded one...

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
  3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    What on earth is a prerecorded tree, Laz? :confused: [face_laugh]

4. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    We got a live tree this year after several years with a fake one, and this one's determined to tilt to the side like the one from A Christmas Story. We straighten it, and the next day it's crooked again! Now all we need is a leg lamp...

5. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    Well, I'm moved into the new house, mostly. The computer is doing great... The owner is coughing like crazy. I still have items in the old house, but I can get them at my convenience. Matt has been very helpful and I'm grateful to him and his family. I spent most of the day moving and assembling new furniture and now I'm relaxing for the evening about to watch the latest Harry Potter DVD.

Big [:D] to everyone for being so nice and understanding to me!

jim

6. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    My family has always bought a potted Christmas tree. We plant them afterward. I know not what it's like to have a fake or cut Christmas tree.
    Ours is all decorated now, and my Star Wars decorations are prominently displayed. Good times.

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005

must be from fragile

8. Symina

Nov 8, 2006

Hee hee! That must be Italian!

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I have no idea what any of the above means. Guess I'm totally out of the loop!

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Have you not seen A Christmas Story? :eek:

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Will my nomination be withdrawn if I say "no"?

I'm a bad geek!! I've never seen it.

12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Don't worry, Kari. You're not missing much. :p

13. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Join the club, Kari. I have never seen "A Christmas Story," either. Maybe someday.
    Glad to hear, Lazlo, that you have moved into your new home. Your friend, Matt is somebody very special. Hope the holidays are very good to you.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    As of yesterday I am officially done christmas shopping, it's all wrapped and under the tree!!! [face_dancing]

15. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Hey! It's a CLASSIC! Really Kari, you should watch it. They play it all the time on TBS, I think, during the Christmas season. Last year they had "24 hours of A Christmas Story". You'll get a kick out of it.

16. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    BLASPHEMY! [face_laugh]

this is a great classic! we watch it at least 5 or so times during the season!

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Two pounds of See's candy, several great products from the Bath and Body shop, a bracelet and a necklace from Hawaii, a sheet of the SW stamps, a pound of specially roasted coffee and a Starbucks gift card. Plus, numerous plates of homemade goodies!

That's what I've received so far from students and staff at work today and it's only Thursday. Tomorrow there will be a lot more. The generosity of the staff and students is incredible! I'm very blessed!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    School's out and I'm off until January 7! [face_dancing]

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Triple post.

Come on people! Am I the only one without a life that has time to post? Where is everyone??

I met my mom at Costco at 11:00 this morning, shopped all over town (even Wal-Mart and the mall) and left Barnes and Noble at 11:00 this evening. 12 hours of Christmas shopping (and I still have one gift yet to get). Guess what? I didn't run into a single rude person. None, zippo, nada, zilch! It was truely amazing and quite refreshing! I dealt with so many pleasant people today. It was really great! I love stories with a happy ending!!

20. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Oh my gosh! Twelve hours of shopping? By that time I would be the really rude one! I do my shopping online just because I hate doing it in person. Glad that your trip was pleasant, though!

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Someone in front of me in the car lane at Starbucks paid for my coffee and wished me a merry xmas! At first I thought I had a fan then found out it's happening all over the place, people being in the xmas spirit!

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How cool is that and what a great idea!! Think I'm gonna have to do that today... so long as there aren't 15 people in the car behind me!

23. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I am so glad you had a great experience Christmas shopping. I was at the mall yesterday, boy was it busy, but no rude people. AaS, that is so special. Kari, hopefully if you do the same thing, a big van is not behind you. It is a great thing to do, during this holiday season.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It's a

*** SNOW DAY ***

(no work/school)

25. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.