main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ The Good Times thread... or not so good

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Friday morning. Up for an 8:30 lecture after a hard night. Not the best.

Last night was the "Beirfest 2002" held on campus. $3 entre - cheep drinks - horozontal bugee for great prizes.

Had one or two before hand - fellow mates were pretty unhealthy by dinner time!

Had a go on the Horozontal Bungee and won an "Export Gold pack", consisting of:

T-shirt
    Bottle top opener keyring
    Mouthwash (don't as why as i don't know why it was in the pack ?[face_plain])
    And a HUGE Export Beer Mug. (held 4 and a half cans!)

Oh how I loved that mug!

I ended up singing with the live band - not a good thing! Got back to my room after not being able to make it to Finnies (bar down the road) and dropped the mug!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am now on a mission to find another (perhaps buy it off a mate)

It was such an awesome mug! :_|

BTW: The 8:30 lecture was rather long! :p

(but this story is not as bad as some of my mates who made it to finnies :p)

Anyone else care to share some antics or mahem they have experienced of late?

//goes back to bed//

:p

Good times at uni aye!

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    YOU are a big mug.

End of story.

3. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Um Um Um.......... I Got my brown belt in martial arts ........hacked into my friennds computer.........and done heaps of other stuff...........

4. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    i went to town and played 40k and spent a lot of money on food

5. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I went to see AOTC one last time, borrowed some VCDs off my friend but couldn't play any of them in my PC.

6. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Who's having "Good-times"????

It's just not on, and shouldn't be allowed to continue.

Why don't you all grow up and get responsible!!

Ya young whipper-snappers.

8-}

7. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Eh...

8. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    The best weekend I had started at 630 friday morning when I got up for work, and I finally got to bed at something like 1 am sunday.

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Seems Thursday night screwed my immune system and I've come down with a pretty nasty cold / head-ache / fever etc.

I hadn't had more than a mouthful of food from Thursday evening till this morning (Sunday).

Last night was the worst night's sleep I've EVER had. Lucky I got some "Day and Night" pills and some Paracetamol(spelling?) stuff yesterday - hence I was able to eat something this morning.

No more alcohol for me for a looong time.

Wish I had that mug though. :p

10. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Ah-ha! Finally, the Great God Buzz Bumble finds the correct punishment for his wayward whorshipper. :p

11. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    "whorshipper"? :confused: [face_laugh]

Hope you feel better SFL. :)

12. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Rats!! Damn typo! :(

13. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Buzz = Captain Typo.

8-}

14. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I went on a bit of a bender, in that I bought eleven SW figures on Saturday. I thought my wife was going to murder me, but she was OK.

And ... err ... I set up all my Stormtroopers in our bedroom last night. I looks great ... a Dewback, two Biker Scouts on bikes, one of foot, three Sandtroopers and four Stormtroopers.

What passes for entertainment in Glenfield these days huh ......

That's the most exciting thing I've done in weeks.

Lawrence

15. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    on the subject of star wars stuff and partners.... My fiance is being very understanding about the proliferation of star wars models at home at the moment.

Awww poor SFL no doubt you'll have many a drunken night at uni, just remember a litre of water a berrocca and 2 panadol before bed does wonders!

16. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I wonder, off all the people here in long-term relationships, what your partner thinks about your Star Wars obsession?

Vanessa (my wife) is becoming a bit of a fan. She's seen AOTC twice, and is currently reading the novel. She doesn't normally like sci-fi, but is quite taken with the love-story aspect of the current trilogy, and likes Padme. She's pretty tolerant of all my toys littering the house, but i don't quite know how long my squad of Imperial Troops will last in the bedroom :)

Darth Graal .... when's the big day? We took the plunge last year ... My one "non-negotiable" on the wedding day was having Han and Leia action figures on top of the cake, instead of little wedding figures.

17. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    my partner wasn't muct of a Star Wars fan but she is now

She has seen all the movies now and doesn't mind all my figures in the bedroom

has made a few noises about having a separate room for my toys when we get our own place thou

She came and saw ATOC twice with me and collects a few items

Thinking about that i really need a action fleet Tie Fighter for her, anyone have any spare PM me.

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I can quite easily say I won't be drinking (excessively) for a LOOONG time.

Although Thursday night was fairly cheap, most nights drinking becomes rather expensive.

19. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    The big day is the 01/02/03 so no excuses for forgetting the anniversary!! We've decided to have the imperial march at some stage during the ceremony, no starwars figures on the cake though.
    Shells is actually starting to enjoy star wars i think (although she's NEVER likely to admit it!!), and as I said earlier in this thread she's been very understanding regarding the recent proliferation of star wars models now adorning the lounge.

20. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    My one "non-negotiable" on the wedding day was having Han and Leia action figures on top of the cake, instead of little wedding figures.

That is so cute. :)

21. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    Actually, if anyone is interested, there is a photo of my wedding cake with Han and Leia on it here.

22. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    showed it to my fiance' and the reply was not promising.....Definitely NO star wars figures on the cake ( and I was even willing to compromise and have anakin and padme!!)

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    oh well ....

Actually, I would have thought a couple of small figures on the cake was less intrusive than, say, the Imperial March!

Hope the nuptials go well anyhow ... trust me, the day will go by so fast you'll hardly even remember it. I was so freaked out about ours, but just ended up going with the flow and having a great day ...

Lawrence

24. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    :D Why is Leia all the way to the side? And she looks like sh'd fall over if she's not careful. 8-}

What, no-one wants to put Luke and Mara figures on their wedding cakes?

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    because Mara wanted to KILL Luke Skywalker!

Not the best way to start married life :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.