main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The graphics thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Happy Ninja, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    what a load of bollocks. i am assuming it`s my fault for going on the jcc icon thread? the FF-UK has been going for how long? and all of a sudden we have to re-brand it because someone has taken umbrage with it? what a crock. is the complaint from somebody higher up? will we have to comply, or can we fight it?

edit: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I don't think I am allowed to divulge as to whom made the complaints, but I don't think it was because of your post on the JCC. Yes, the complaint did come from "higher up", but as to know what level of jurisdiction this person has over us, I can't say. If I had to "guess", I'd say minimal...however, there are people who do post here who do full under their authority.

Also, IMO it does seem rather "odd" as to suddenly hear the wolves scratching at the door for the reason you have just pointed out...the abbreviation for our Regional group has been used for many, many, many, many, moons.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that seems to be what is going around.

Of course, if it really did come to the fact that we do have to change our Regional Title, there are going to be some very ticked off people, considering the fact that there was a lot of time, AND MONEY pumped into things like the banner, business cards, membership cards, and the like that will have to be "re-spent" altering everything.

Unfortunately, everyone, this seems to be out of my hands. But I will let you know as soon as I hear anything. :)

3. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    so, if i started a thread on the admin comms forum in order to get answers/opinions, would this a: do us any favours, or b: drop us even further in the cacky? i hope phill is on the case.......

edit: not that i am a trouble causing rabble rouser of course, [face_mischief] [face_whistling] it`s just that someone appears to want to rain on our parade.

4. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I'd recommend against do anything like that Phill is on the case, and I don't think it would get us anywhere...if anything, the mods would probably make you a marked man...Yeah, you could make out like you're natorious! :p

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

Now who are you kidding Dave!?! [face_laugh]

Seriously, this sux, I mean since you folks put out money to have things printed up for public appearences, this really, really sux. I hope the entire legion does not have to go through a name change over one person being offended over nothing really. I'm sorry to have to hear of this folks. :(

I doubt going to the JCC had much to do with this considering I've seen that term floating around there for quite sometime now in posts and users sigs.

Someone got offended over nothing more then a play on words. :rolleyes:

6. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Geez, this argument comes up every five minutes about the FF-UK ever since it was NAMED the FF-UK, the main forum had it's banner removed... some people need to get a ******* life and stop being uptight ******** :mad:

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

I couldn't agree more Nik.

8. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
  9. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Two words - Bottom Holes !

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Right, can everyone just take a step back and calm the **** down!

Mark, I've PM'd you regarding this, please take it to heart.

The rest of you, at the moment there is nothing more than a discussion going on. A lot of it isn't even to do with us, but we have been introduced into it as another example. I can't go into any details for you, however the gist of it centres more around the inappropriate use of the FFUK name.

If referring to a member of the FFUK, you call them a FFUKer, then fine. If you use it as a derogatory flame, not fine, editable and bannable. Same goes for the other examples, FFUKing, FFUK me, FFUK off etc, etc.

As long as that is kept to, I foresee no other problems.

With regards to the icon, I'm dealing with it. Everyone suddenly going off on one will not help the situation, so please take it easy.

11. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    wow i was on here what 3 hours ago. where did this come from??
    as somebody pointed out. its a funny way to use FCUK. there is no harm in it.
    and it would be so harsh to have to change everything.

12. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    I still say we get the ****er who moaned and knack their ballix in! I'm blacklisted among the mods anyway and dont give a ****! Actually no... PEACE!!! [face_peace] Forgive them... er... no.... KNACK THEIR BALLIX!!!!! Dont be silly.... PEACE!!!! GET THE CAKESUCKER!!!! ....Forgive them, my friends!!! KNACK THEIR WANG IN!!!

Crap! Indecision is such a bitch! :(

13. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    [face_laugh]

for the life of me i can`t imagine why you would be blackballed tk.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I dont recall there ever having been a problem with the abreviation of our FanForce before

This seems somewhat childish if you ask me. As the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland we have the right to call ourselves FFUK, FFGB or even FFUKGBNI if we really want to :p

After all, we were once called FFGB, and we were allowed to change it, so it seems odd that people would have a problem with it now.

Either way, I'm sure it will be sorted

15. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I see the humour bypass operations are going down a treat across the pond.:rolleyes:

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Should this not be posted in the regional forum so everyone is aware of the limits of the FFUK abreviation?

17. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    a point he has. but then again, do we need the alarm raised if this will blow over? [face_thinking]

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe not
    But still it helps to inform posters, especially newer ones, of what is allowed

19. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i dont think its a good idea. i mean why cause all the fuss. if you tell em then there will be a big row, sombody could say something wrong and we will lose the title FFUK.
    I think we should leave it to phil and mark and the other CR's.

talking of phil - hey mate any info on this yet?

20. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    david, do you ever go to the regional board? sticky thread at the top. ;)

here

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    actually unless i am looking for something in particular i dont go there any more. thanks

22. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    no problem. :)

:rolleyes:

23. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    FF-UK:M if they can't take a muther fflukking joke!

Those stupid fflukking crock suckers can stick a toyota up their fflukking arses sideways!

I know exactly who the piece of sheet coward is who was crying like a little girl with a skinned knee. Fflukking PC nazis!!

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Thank you Joe for enlightening us with your little rant :p

:eek: [face_shame_on_you]

25. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    solidarity brothers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.