The Great C3 Caravan...

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by jedi_master_sal, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to propose the "Great C3 Caravan" again to you folks.

For anyone who doesn't know, we are putting together a mulit FF convoy to C3. It was to start in Philadelphia, but either they weren't interested or their folks are flying.

So, now we are officially departig from Pittsburgh.

The time hasn't been determined yet other than it will be the Wednesday right before C3. We will be driving from Pittsburgh to Columbus where we will meet-up with you folks from Cleveland, WV and or course Columbus's FF's.

Even though the time hasn't been exactly determined (though we are having a disucssion at present on the Pittsburgh boards), we do expect to leave relatively early that Wednesday. I'm pushing for 5am myself. This would put us in Columbus anywhere from 10am to noon. (I'll get a better time down withon the week)

Rochester's FF will be driving through Buffalo and is hoping to get them to come on board. From there they will be pasing through Cleveland, so if you would be interested in coordinating that with them as to a place and time to meet, giving enough time to meet us all in Columbus, that would be most excellent.

Please feel free to post ideas here and PLEASE PM me as well so I can incorporate them into the other city threads.

I'll be making special "Great C3 Caravan" Automobile window poster to put in you car/truck windows, so that we can readily identify one another.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you folks again.

-Sal
    Public Relations Liaison
    Pittsburgh Fanforce
    Star Wars Association of Pittsburgh
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Howdy! Rochester here...

It looks like (according to mapquest at least) our path from Rochester to CIII and the route from Cleveland to CIII first meets up where 271 and 71 meet up.

I wasn't sure if any of you guys wanted to hook-up with us (so far we only have 2 vehicles) or just meet with everyone else in Columbus.

~Doc_Bev
  3. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    For me, it would all depend on when you're coming through Cleveland. If I recall correctly, Indy's about 5 hours from here. I was planning on picking up my paycheck at work Wednesday morning, going to the bank and leaving around 9ish. This would mean I would be avoiding Cleveland's late-morning rush hour (not that there's ever much traffic going out of town) and beat Indy's rush hour.
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think we would probably be around Cleveland at 9-ish so that we can meet up with the Caravan in Columbus around 11-ish.

~Doc_Bev
  5. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maureen needs to put in half a day of work on Wednesday so we won't be leaving Columbus til 2 or 3. I'll have to pass on the caravan. :(
  6. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...when are you coming through Cleveland?
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If the question was for me - see 2 posts above. That's still the current plan.

~Doc_Bev
  8. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm getting directions for the stop in Columbus for those participating in the Great C3 caravan. Check this thread for directions and/or a link in the next couple of days.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=16910930&start=19199192

Also, I'll have the Graphic for your car window poster available for download in a couple of days as well. Same link as above for that too.

Oh just so you know, we from Pittsburgh are leaving at 5:30 am. I'll have to check when that's going to put us in Columbus, but it looks to be a bit early-possibly 9-9:30 am, depending on the traffic/morning rush hour.

-Sal
  9. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Here it is folks, the directions for the Great C3 Caravan!

One cool bit of news too, one of the Columbus FF members (Chris Spears aka lazer310) will meet us at the stop on Wednesday to greet us! he will be meeting the Pittsburgh group at or close to 9:30 am. For those who may be coming later, contact lazer310 @ http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=239876 (his profile where you can PM him, if you want him to meet you as well.

From Pittsburgh:
    Leaving from the Waterfront, go to 376W to 279S to 79S to 70W
    We will be on 70W for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Take the 91B exit which is approx 2-3 west of Columbus.
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From Cleveland:
    71S to 270W to 70W to EXIT 91B
    This exit road will bear to the right. Go two stops lights until we see Wal*Mart. This is our stop. There are plenty of gas stations and places to eat here as I'm told by Chris.

From WV:
    Your choice where to start but I'm told by Chris (he had a relative in WV) to take:
    60N to 70W to EXIT 91B

This is to Columbus only (after that it's a straight shot to Indy.)

For those of us staying next to the Convention Center in one of the connected hotels, here is a link to Mapquest for a more detailed look at downtown Indy. Choose from here where you want to exit the freeway: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=&city=Indianapolis&state=IN&zipcode=&searchtab=home

To avoid Indy traffic, it looks like the 79B exit off of 70W is the closest to the convention center.

Okay folks so make your plans!!!

-Sal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.