main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Great Fett Helmet (Ep II.5 - the passing of the Jango's Helmet to Boba

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthPoppy, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Title: The Great Fett Helmet
    Author: DarthPoppy
    Timeframe: between Ep. II and III
    Characters: Boba Fett, Jango Fett
    Genre: Drama/Comedy
    Keywords: Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Helmet, Mandalorian Armor
    Summary: Boba Fett buries his father, repaints his helmet and assumes his adult identity

[color=crimson][b]
    Star Wars
    Episode II.5
    The Great Fett Helmet[/b][/color]
    [hr]

Young Boba Fett sat at the controls of the Slave I preparing to make the jump to hyperspace. He still trembled from the memory of seeing his father decapitated with one fell stroke of a lightsaber from the hated Jedi Mace Windu. Young Fett vowed revenge. He regretted that he hadn't even been able to give his father a decent burial, in fact, Jango's headless body still lay rotting in that now distant arena. At least Young Fett had been able to pick up his father's head, still encased in the Mandalorian helmet that he had so loved to polish while he yet lived. Yes, Boba remembered, those were the happiest times of his all to brief childhood, when he and his father sat together polishing their helmets (Jango had a small Mandalorian helmet made for Boba, which he had only recently outgrown) and Jango told his young son and co-pilot of his exploits as the galaxy's premier bounty hunter. Young Fett decided he would avenge his father's death, someday, somehow.

In the meantime, he had to decide where to escape to, only a few days ago his ship had been attacked by other loathsome Jedis. He also decided he must somehow, respectfully dispose of his fathers head, which was really starting to make the old Slave 1 smell like an abitoir. Like many who wish for obscurity, young Fett decided to head for Tattoine. Deciding this he made the jump to light speed.

He then went to the cargo hold and took out Jango's head, still rotting inside his helmet (which no longer shined like it did when he and his father polished it daily), but rather was dented and stained with the blood of the various creatures Jango was able to slaughter before being decapitated. He removed the head, which was not bloody at all, as Windu's lightsaber had cleanly cut it off and cauterized the wound. He wrapped it in a wookie pelt that his father had always loved (it was the pelt of the first wookie Jango had ever killed) and took it to the waste ejecter shaft. He thought and prayed and then sent Jango's head, wrapped in it's wookie pelt out into space as he made a promise that he would kill as many Jedi and allies of Jedi as he could.

He then sat down with the helmet and tried to polish it back to its former glossy sheen. However, he soon found that with all his work, it was too dented and stained to ever look how Jango used to like it. So he went to the supply closet to see if their was any paint. He found an old can of green paint, so he sat down and began to paint the helmet. The helmet dried and young Boba put it on for the first time. It was large on him, but, as a clone he knew that someday it would fit him perfectly.

2. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    I welcome thoughts, criticisms and suggestions to this. If people like it, I can go on with more...

3. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    Helmet thoughts?

4. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Interesting...

I don't think I'd carry around my father's rotting head, but whatever floats his boat. Not too many Boba fics on here so it was nice to see his name pop up!

5. GaryGygax

GaryGygax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2005
    Dude, rude, mosh.

6. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.