main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Great Fett Helmet

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthPoppy, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    As this is alluded to in many different threads, I wanted to unite all of the discussion in one place. Boba Fett's helmet, one of the most beloved images in all of Star Wars is thought to be Jango Fett's helmet repainted. Is this true? I don't read EU, but would love to hear if this is addressed there. Further, I would love to see some fan fiction about this: how Boba Fett gets the helmet, where he keeps it as a boy, when he first tries it on, what it does, why he stops polishing his helmet like Jango Fett did, when he paints it, why he chooses green and any other thoughts about the helmet that made two characters (lets face it we all love the Fetts (or hate them) because of the Helmet, not great acting or fighting or a particularly important story line).

So shoot away Fett fans!

2. ohwise1

ohwise1 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Maybe he resprays it every time he goes humting to a different star system, for camolfage or something like that. Check it, its blue and silver on Kamino kinda like the colour scheme there, He might have the green in ESB and ROTJ having returned from Foresty planets like Kashyyk.

Just a thought

3. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Chewie rips it off him in DE2 before launching him by jetpack into the ceiling of a building of Nar Shadda, and keeps it as a trophy, but Fett has another lol

4. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    IIRC, Boba Fett's armor and helmet was a spare that Jango kept in the back of Slave I.

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

5. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    It was the armor from Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel, a fellow Mandalorian of Jango Fett.

6. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    That's what I thought.

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

7. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    And how about that antenna? What does it do? Storm troopers have radios and they don't need antennae, so it must do somethng really cool, right?

8. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    I thought Jaster Mereel was Boba Fett.

I haven't read many graphic novels on Fett. I just remember reading that somewhere.

Was it ever a question? Or am I totally mistaken?

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The comic Jango Fett: Open Seasons had Jango being orphaned at a young age. He helped a group of Mandalorians led by Jaster Mereel and was 'adopted' and trained by them.
    In The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett in the book Tales of the Bounty Hunters Boba was using the name Jaster Mereel. I believe the continuity fix was that Boba sometimes used Jaster's name as an alias.

10. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Ahh, thanks!

11. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I think originally, according to EU, Boba's real name was Jaster Mereel(sp.), and Boba was an alias.

AOTC changed all that. :p

12. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    Anyone find it a bit disturbing when Boba put his fathers helmet against his head when i assume it still had to be in there? Also Im sure something like that can scar you for life pretty much.

13. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    His head rolled out after the decapitation.

If you watch the film in Slo-mo, you can see two shadows.

I got grilled for asking that same question. I think the "oldbie" poster said I was an idiot because I didn't see the shadow.

Ahh, to be as wise as some of these gents.

14. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    The head still being in the helmet is pretty nasty. Maybe that is why he painted the helmet green, I mean the silver just reminded him of his "dad's" death to much. Also it was probably stained with Jango's blood, so after trying to polish his helmet to get it off didn't work, he went for the green paint! Excellent, this answers the question of why he painted it. And after it was painted, he couldn't polish his helmet like hs dad did for fear that the paint would come off.[face_idea]

15. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    I think originally, according to EU, Boba's real name was Jaster Mereel(sp.), and Boba was an alias.

AOTC changed all that

You are correct sir! One of the biggest retcons in history.

16. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    In light of some of these responses, I have begun a Fett Helmet fan fiction. Check it out: LinkThe Great Fett Helmet! Keep the Fett Helmet thread alive so I can incorporate more and make a whole Fett Helmet Saga!

17. BobaFett_v1

BobaFett_v1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    a freind allways pointed out that wenever they see that scene they allways hope jangos head wud fall out the bottom...lol

wat a tool...

jango and boba rock

18. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    a freind allways pointed out that wenever they see that scene they allways hope jangos head wud fall out the bottom...lol

Actually, it does. You can see the shadow of his head on the arena floor.

wat a tool...

Yes, you are

jango and boba rock

No they don't. Boba can't even shoot a man in the back and is killed by a blind man wildly swinging. Jango gets his ass kicked by Obi-Wan and is useless w/out his gadgets, as witnessed by his quick and complete decapitation on Geonosis.

19. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    "Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi"

20. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    The helmet/armor should have been their OT colors, only new-looking.

The new paint job is there to sell toys. "Why buy a Jango Fett when you've got a perfectly good Boba Fett that looks just like it? Let's change the color, then they'll buy both!"

21. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    The toy answer does indeed make sense. Though I like the idea that Jango was killed before he thought Boba Fett was old enough for him to teach how to "polish his helmet". As Boba Fett didn't know how to "polish his helmet" he painted it that dull green which didn't require him to "polish his helmet" on a daily basis.

22. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    "The new paint job is there to sell toys. "Why buy a Jango Fett when you've got a perfectly good Boba Fett that looks just like it? Let's change the color, then they'll buy both!""

are you retarded? lucas isn't a sellout and probably wasn't even thinking about the toys when he made the damn movie. and honestly, who has toy of the old boba? who buys the toys at all? besides, you'll buy anything with star wars. whether it has a new paint job or not, if it says JANGO FETT you'll buy it because it doesn't say BOBA FETT

23. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    The helmet changed colors because of a freak sludge accident on Coruscant.

No I think the real answer is that the helmet turned green because he BOUGHT it that way! Have you noticed that Jet Troopers have that kind of armor? What says he has to have his father's armor? He bought his own!

24. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    I got a nice chuckle out of this^^

[face_laugh] <--and there it is

25. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] dont ask why i did that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.