main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ?THE GREAT GALACTIC WAR? [21st JULY - TEASER #4 POSTED!!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    STL: If you like things that are rather silly......and anyway I did watch some of it, mainly to see the actors (Brian Blessed and I think Timothy Dalton I noticed), and to spot the Star Wars references (eg: a shuttle is called the Lambda!).

Ohh?

And, how can you be blind to the greatness of that movie?! [face_worried] :eek: [face_laugh] :p

"Hah! I'm still me!"

And yes, that line will appear in this 'fic... :D

And it seems like you've been reading PT (probably based on what I sent you). I wonder if Mace is the real Mace Windu and the one that 'died' in ROTS was a clone, or maybe that they are both clones, probably controlled by Thrawn (either of them), and that Mace (which one, I'm not sure) is actually not a Sith....

Mace Windu is always going to be Mace Windu, Jedi Knight and creator of the Vapaad form of lightsaber contact... :cool: :p

ccp: Ok I'm kinda confused but I figure it will make sense eventualy.
    Can't wait for more.

:D That's the spirit! :cool: :p

B_XO: If you thought I was confused before, then you ain't seen nothing yet...

:D And I'm just getting started! [face_laugh]

TSF: Do I need to go read the other stories to understand what's going on? :confused:

Nope! :p

At this point, hopefully, you should just be enjoying the kinetic and chaotic action-sequences, perhaps with the sense that there's an underlying pattern to the 'fic that you can feel, but not yet fully explain... :p

Did you really just kill them all? :eek: :_| Not to mention turn Leia into Darth Lady?

Talk about action packed!!! [-o

:D Yep! :cool:

(FACPOV! :p)

Scoundrel: " :eek:

Whoah.

:eek:
    "

:cool:

Yeah! :D

:cool:

Spike: Exquisite McEwok.

You forgot a comma. "Exquisite McEwok" sounds like Precious Ramotswe... :p

The Number 1 Ewoks' Detective Agency? :p

This fic is a sadist's dream :p

Cardinal Fang! Bring out... the comfy chair! :D [face_laugh]

YK: I assume the "Independence Day" Imagery was completely intentional? :p

Yep! And may the Fourth be with you!! :D :p

Grand Admiral Solo? There's something I never thought of :p

Nope? o_O [face_thinking] :p

Hawt! :p And we call them push-ups here :p

*shrugs* Colonials! :p

" o_O"

Yep! :D

Shamelessly inspired by Batman Begins... [face_blush] :p :)

I did see this coming :p

[face_thinking] o_O [face_thinking] :D :p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Very interesting, Thrawn :D I'll want to read this :)

Yep? :D Thanks!! [face_blush] :)

Elena: This is the easy way out, isn't it? Rather than actually complete your stories, you're going to do some major epic to finish them all off at once. I'm not so sure how this will end up - but I guess it can't hurt to try...

:p I'm not closing off the opportunity to complete 'em, kid! Just providing an alternative solution if I don't! :p [face_laugh]

p_m: :eek: [face_thinking]

I think I'll have to wait for more to actually understand this.

Striker: Took the words right out of my mouth...

And I like Thrawn's fics, too.

:D Huh! [face_not_talking] :p

TSF: Thanks! [:D] :D

Maggy: *scratches head*

[face_laugh] [:D]

okay... [face_thinking]
    So there is somewhere a time whole and they got all backlashed toward the time of Qui-Gon and the Jedi or they are lashed forward in time [face_thinking]
    Jaina a bit sith?ish and in love with Jag but snogging with Zekk o_O
    And Jaina shoting at her Dad o_O quite unbelieveable but it seams to happen [face_thinking]

Um... 'maybe'? :p

Dum dum dum ...

Dum-de-dum, dum-de-dum! :p

*goes reading next post*

*stops at disclaimer*

is it nescassary to read them beforehanded? o_O

No, no - no, it's not! :D :p

These 'fics all actually take place in different AUs than the main 'fic! :p [face_laugh]

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    [ :D And without further ado? on to Spectrum ? the time is just after the end of the New Jedi Order saga, and Jacen Solo has discovered that things were not as they seemed?

Yep, this ?fic is set in a totally different continuity than the one that was interrupted above? :p :D [face_laugh]]

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far,
    far away?

The great war between the Yuuzhan Vong and the Galactic Alliance is over ? and the young Jedi hero Jacen Solo has awoken, as though from a dream, to find that the true outcome was unlike anything he could have imagined.

The Alliance victory was an illusion, crafted by the Yuuzhan Vong and the rogue Jedi named Vergere. In reality, the pain-worshiping invaders have smashed the last resistance to their rule. Now, on the shaped world known as Yuuzhan?tar ? formerly the city-planet of Coruscant ? the surviving Jedi Knights and the leaders of the former Galactic powers are imprisoned in a dreamscape controlled by the vast intellect of the dhuryam worldbrain.

But Jacen has been trained by Vergere himself, and he has found a strange peace in this very different galaxy. Not only is he overjoyed to find his mentor alive and well, more than a year after her supposed ?death? ? but he has also just discovered that his friend and fellow Jedi Ganner Rhysode has survived the war as well?

Jacen grinned at Ganner, lunged forward, and wrapped his friend in a spontaneous hug.

?You?re not dead!? he laughed, feeling the sudden release of tension ? and Vergere?s amusement sparkling beside him. ?You?re alive! You?re alive!?

?I?m alive,? Ganner admitted, with a brilliant grin that tugged up the scar which slashed down the side of his face into a quirk of pleasure and amusement. Jacen blinked, then laughed.

They were still holding each other by the shoulders and upper arms, as though the physical contact sealed the compact of trust and truth between them.

?We?re alive,? Jacen said, smiling in the sunlight. ?Well??

Behind them, someone cleared their throat.

Jacen spun on his heels, hearing a squawk of alarm from Vergere ? a split-second after danger flared in the Force like a lightsaber.

?Uh-oh,? Ganner muttered.

Vergere was standing behind them, in her mocking ?teacher? pose, with three black-clad Jedi and two squads of Imperial stormtroopers.

His first thought was that it was some sort of joke on her part.

His second thought, because she was wearing well-cut black robes rather than her customary brown homespun, was that she was some sort of avatar of the Yuuzhan?tar world-brain, like the ones Sekot used to communicate with visitors and inhabitants.

His third thought was that something was very, very wrong.

The real Vergere was standing where she had always stood, staring at her twin with an expression of wide-eyed horror on her face, her antennae sprung as though coursing with electric shock, her crest flared broad and bright in blood-red alarm.

Her simian mouth was opening and closing, but no human noise was coming out.

?Hello, Jacen Solo,? the second Vergere said, with a familiar smirk.

Jacen stared at her, and then at the black-robed figures beside her. Two of them, he realised, were Jaina and Anakin ? which was impossible, because Jaina had been in the Well of the World-Brain with the other prisoners, and Anakin was dead.

Dead.

If nothing else, he knew that that hadn?t been a lie.

?Seen a ghost, Jace?? Anakin asked, pulling back his cowl, grinning at him.

Jaina laughed, and followed suit, with an indulgent, forgiving smirk for him.

And then the third Jedi copied the gesture, and Jacen found himself staring into his own dark eyes, looking at his own lean, war-honed face.

?Hello,? his twin said, in a voice that was like his own, but utterly alien. ?I don?t believe we?ve met.?

Jacen opened his mouth to answer, but something seemed to have siezed his throat

3. DarkDroid

DarkDroid Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Interesting concept... I'll be back to read more, hopefully. :D

4. SlaneTransportLtd

SlaneTransportLtd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Ohh?

And, how can you be blind to the greatness of that movie?!

"Hah! I'm still me!"

As far as I'm concerned, it was trying to copy what we're here for.....

Mace Windu is always going to be Mace Windu, Jedi Knight and creator of the Vapaad form of lightsaber contact...

Mace was a Master, a Jedi Master last time I checked, and I think something's gone wrong in the continuity, or there's been a lot of cloning.....

Looks like something very boad has happened, too. Not good at all, not good at all (maybe I should add: We're Dooooommmmeeeeddd! after that)

STL
    <Guess who's voice that was?>

5. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    I'm still so interested on how these plots are all going to interweave and join eventually...

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Wollknäuel:

? [face_laugh][:D] ?

o_O :) :D [face_laugh] [:D]

Um... 'maybe'? :p

</Obi> Possible? :p

Dum-de-dum, dum-de-dum! :p

dum dum dum de dum de dum? :p

No, no - no, it's not! :D :p

but it can?t hurt, can it? :p

These 'fics all actually take place in different AUs than the main 'fic! :p [face_laugh]

I have read the first one though :p
    as I already said, don?t give me links :p ;)
    but I would find it on my own anyway, it was lurking on my harddrive long enough :D

now, this is going to seem confusing at first? :D :D :cool: [face_laugh] :p

tell me, Wollknäuel, when it is not confusing at first? :p :D

It is a few weeks since...
    ... Luke?s wife Mara Jade and Jacen and Jaina?s young brother Anakin Solo ? have already been captured enslaved by the vile invaders?

I just read it, I just read it *bounces*

?You said someone would come,? he smiled. ?They did. I wasn?t much impressed.?

Hah! But there was a Rogue in this group, isn?t it said the Rogue manage the impossilbe? *hopes that Inyri somehow survived* [face_hope]

?My men are out hunting the survivors,? Qasr Lah went on, ignoring him. ?That is their sport. Perhaps you have heard the screaming. That is your soldiers dying out there. You, and her?? ? he nodded at Mara ? ?You are mine. You will scream for me?

Scream yourself *sticks out tongue*
    Ah ... stupid me ... forget, Vong aren?t supposed to scream ;)
    A true Yuuzhan Vong knew no difference between pleasure and pain. Pain was pleasure. ... and that is out of YodaKenobis Revolution :p

He remembered his determination to buy Mara some more time, and how it had made the Force surge strong inside him.
    He knew that he might have come close to the Dark Side in that duel. But he didn?t remember feeling any pain, or fear.

[face_thinking] Dark Side?
    How so? He seemed to be in peace with himself, unselfish hepling someone else o_O

?But first,? Qasr Lah said, interrupting the silence as though it bored him, ?I will hurt the whelp. Stay silent until I ask you the first question, Mara ? or I will just hurt him some more.?

Quite interesting that Qasr is calling him whelp (thanks for the new word I learnd ;) ) since Kin killed three (I think it was) warriors [face_thinking]

In the Force, he felt a flicker of grief from Mara. Grief for him.

Awww... [face_worried]

?Anakin,? she said, her green eyes locking with his bright blue ones. The slight alien inflection she gave his name now made him shiver, the emotions coiling underneath chilling him to the core. Then she looked away, towards the Yuuzhan Vong. She seemed to collapse in on herself even further in the Force. He saw the steel underneath, and tried to tell himself she knew what she was doing. ?His name is Anakin Solo. He?s just? just an Apprentice. A? whelp, like you say. Belek tiu, Commander.?

:eek: what is she doing? What is she doing?
    She can?t possible think that telling him will save them in the first place? Why did she gave up so fast? What happened with this strong woman she was supposed to be?
    Or is this on of your implied Marakins and she is in love and fears for him? [face_thinking]

?Kill him later, then,? she shrugged. ?You said that we were useful to you. Why has that changd??

o_O

?If you do not entertain me,? he continued, ?then I kill the boy, and you go to the Shapers.?

:eek: Oh my Goodness o_O

?Not really,? Qasr Lah smiled, after letting the truth settle in the damp air of the cell. ?No. I own both of you now.?

what the heck...? He own them? o_O

[i]Luke Skywalker[/i]

Lukie :D

[i] Then he saw the planet away to his right ? small continents and cloud-wreathed blue oceans. From this far out, it still looked beautuful. [/i]

Awww :)

[i]And that?s the Yuuzhan vong invasion fleet?. [/i]

Mhhhh ... Dubrillion ... mhhhh ... isn?t

7. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Still confused, but not giving up.
    Are these like trailers?
    Is it yuzhan vong matrix?
    Any way it's definatly got my attention.

9. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Oh, good grief! :oops: I'm getting more confused all the time!

I'm very intriqued though! =D= Keep it coming.... I'll hammer it out soon. [face_thinking]

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    TahiriSoloFan: Keep it coming.... I'll hammer it out soon.

I admire your optimism. Personally, I think I'll enjoy reveling in my confusion. :p

Thrawn: *stutters* Who? What? How? Wha...! :confused:

Oh, my head hurts now. Okay, this is great, although I won't claim to understand what's going on. I can never tell if you're insanely brilliant, or just insane. Either way, the 'fic is top notch work, my friend. So many things to like in this that I don't know where to start. Would you settle for :D :D :D :D :D :D ?

BTW: You think my continuity is warped?! :eek:

EDIT: Not that you're wrong about that, though. ;)

JD.

11. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    DD: Interesting concept... I'll be back to read more, hopefully. :D

And have you been? :p

STL: As far as I'm concerned, it was trying to copy what we're here for.....

Or was it? Mos Eisley was originally called "Gordon"...

Mace was a Master, a Jedi Master last time I checked, and I think something's gone wrong in the continuity, or there's been a lot of cloning.....

I was using "Jedi Knight" as a generic term?

Looks like something very boad has happened, too. Not good at all, not good at all (maybe I should add: We're Dooooommmmeeeeddd! after that)

What does Private Fraser have to do with anything. Except Aberdeenshire, obviously, and thus, indirectly, the previous half of our exchange here. :p

B_XO: I'm still so interested on how these plots are all going to interweave and join eventually...

"They're not"? :p

Mags: ... and that is out of YodaKenobis Revolution :p

He is a Yuuzhan Vong!!

[face_thinking] Dark Side?
    How so? He seemed to be in peace with himself, unselfish hepling someone else o_O

Yep. Perhaps Jedi Dualism? is inadequate as a frame of reference? :p

Quite interesting that Qasr is calling him whelp (thanks for the new word I learnd ;)) since Kin killed three (I think it was) warriors [face_thinking]

Aye? Maybe he's trying to persuade both of them that he's in charge? :p

:eek:
    what is she doing? What is she doing?
    She can?t possible think that telling him will save them in the first place? Why did she gave up so fast? What happened with this strong woman she was supposed to be?
    Or is this on of your implied Marakins and she is in love and fears for him? [face_thinking]

She is being strong. She's also being Mara. She's taking the initiative, and using discussion and dialogue to wrongfoot the bad guy and take back some control of the agenda... and she's drawning his attention away from someone else, and onto her...

what the heck...? He own them? o_O

In Yuuzhan Vong terms, there are basically three types of sentient - Yuuzhan Vong, slaves, and un-enslaved infidels...

Mhhhh ... Dubrillion ... mhhhh ... isn?t this the starsystem where Kyp blow the world ship up? o_O

Nope! That was Sernpidal!

:D [face_mischief]did you had recently too many error sides in the internet? :p

Huh?

Halcyon as in Corran Horn? :D

Yep! (FACPOV! :p)

I like the thought of it :D;

You would! :eek: :p

*blinks*
    he is going to like it?
    something to do with this?[/link]

Well, both 'fics have something to do with this 'fic, so yeah! :p :D

*sattles back and thinks a bit more about it*

And now? :p

Blended: Oh dear... :p

Awfully laconic these days... :p

ccp: Still confused, but not giving up.
    Are these like trailers?
    Is it yuzhan vong matrix?
    Any way it's definatly got my attention.

:D

Thank you! :D
    FACPOV! :p
    Nope - that was Spectrum, but not this fic! l[face_mischief] [face_laugh]
    Yippee!! :D

TSF: Oh, good grief! :oops: I'm getting more confused all the time!

I'm very intriqued though! =D= Keep it coming.... I'll hammer it out soon. [face_thinking]

:D [face_laugh] [:D] :D :cool: Thank you!! :D

JD: I admire your optimism. Personally, I think I'll enjoy reveling in my confusion. :p

That's the spirit!

*high-fives and offers a glass of Scotch*

Oh, my head hurts now. Okay, this is great, although I won't claim to understand what's going on. I can never tell if you're insanely brilliant, or just insane. Either way, the 'fic is top notch work, my friend. So many things to like in this that I don't know where to start. Would you settle for :D :D :D :D :D :D?

[face_blush] That'll do! *flattered* :) :cool:

BTW: You think my continuity is warped?! :eek:

EDIT: Not that you're wrong about that, though. ;)

:p :D I think I go

12. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    [Okay ? and now for something completely different?

... Children of the Suns!! :D]

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far,
    far away?

A year into the war against the Yuuzhan Vong, a group of Jedi heroes have been abruptly snatched from the defence of Duro by the Imperial Star Destroyer Firewall.

Along with a mysterious Yuuzhan Vong battleship and a squadron of Chiss Clawcraft, led by an equally enigmatic Sekotan runner, they have found themselves locked in battle high above the desert planet of Tatooine.

Now, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, Han Solo, Princess Leia, and their children, must unravel the mystery that has entangled them ? before it is too late for all of them?

In the Glory Room of the mighty worldship that had been the flagship of her domain for a thousand years, Supreme Commander Iizha Jamaane stood in front of the Glory Sphere, looking at the infidel ships ranged in front of her flagship with a smile on her scar-slashed lips.

The Star Destroyer was launching more TIEs now ? a bright rash of blue motes on the display. But against the firepower of her own command, they were no threat whatsoever.

The worldship was vast, ancient and gloriously battle-scarred as befitted the vessel that had carried the most illustrious of all Yuuzhan Vong domains on their long exodus across the Void. True, they had suffered losses in the battles against the infidels, and deployed garrisons to guard the shapers, priests and workers in the sprawling star-fief they had conquered on the the Outer Rim ? but while the Domain Jamaane no longer carried its former compliment of warriors or coralskippers, she still had more than five hundred of the new hive-drone fighters at her command.

Against a single Imperial Star Destroyer and a tally or two of infidel starfighters, that ought to be more than enough for what she had in mind.

?Cadenza, and eleven Clawcraft have made the transition along with us,? Tactician Kiir noted. ?Moving to assist Jeedai Solo.?

?Any communication??

?Negative, Commander. If what Dh?nii says is correct, their infidel communications systems will be disrupted.?

Iizha nodded, smiling thinly. Most of her subalterns would take that smile to reflect a warrior?s amusement that the Jeedai were unable to warn their friends of the truth of the situation, but in truth she was secretly pleased that they had made the transit with them, rather than being left behind at Duro, or destroyed in darkspace. Especially the little Cadenza. She admired the dogged determination with which the the Sekotan and her pilot had pursued their trail.

Iizha Jamaane had always admired strength and determination in another female, even an infidel.

And it would be a pleasure to watch her dance.

?Launch all fighter phalanxes to engage the enemy,? she said. ?And keep Cadenza apart from the rest of them. Time to crack the whip.?

She frowned momentarily as she flicked the [i]Cadenza[/i] up on one wingtip, feeling nothing from the effortless agility and elegance of the spaceframe wrapped around her ? only a numb sense of speed and physical awareness, a cold, vacuum-bright clarity of thought and action. The ship, normally reluctant in combat, was giving its all ? not least because, with a full squadron of TIEs swarming them, simply staying alive demanded it.

Sekotan starships didn?t like fighting, but they were graced with strong self-preservation instincts, especially when faced with the naked aggression of someone for whom life was simply a weapon to be used and expended. It was the keystone of their moral code, almost a point of honour

They were in full flight now, racing towards the desert world ahead of them. TIEs couldn?t match a Sekotan runner in atmospheric combat, but the ship and her pilot shared a more primitive urge to find the shelter of a living world, to fly in b

13. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Against all my innate instincts, I've started reading this :p It just looks so confusing, but I'm starting and I'm kinda interested.

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    McEwok, for that, I may have to kill you :p

15. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Briman: Against all my innate instincts, I've started reading this :p It just looks so confusing, but I'm starting and I'm kinda interested.

[face_tired] That's what they all say! [face_frustrated]

... :p

Seriously, though - thanks! :D

Spike: for that, I may have to kill you :p

[face_worried] For what?! :eek:

... :p

- The Imperial Ewok

16. EnsignThursday

EnsignThursday Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    *blinks*

*massages skull*

*eats a Frito*

I don't know what the kriff is going on, but it certainly sounds interesting... :D

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Iizha Jamaane had always admired strength and determination in another female, even an infidel.

Superb bit of characterization there. =D= I like her. :D

Sekotan starships didn?t like fighting, but they were graced with strong self-preservation instincts, especially when faced with the naked aggression of someone for whom life was simply a weapon to be used and expended.

More great characterization, and of a starship no less! :eek: :cool:

?Anakin,? she breathed, relief and disbelief flooding her body. ?Thanks, little brother.?

:eek: :cool: [face_dancing] Shades of Wedge and Luke. :cool:

?Aunt Mara!? he yelled, opening the throttle and racing for the Jade Shadow.

Typical Anakin reaction. :D

Hang on, Farmboy, she thought. We?re coming back for you.

Aww. :)

You killed Luke!!

:eek: :_| :_|

Mara is going to kick Anakin in a place he really doesn?t want to be kicked-if they both survive, that is.

And the Falcon?s gone, too!

Grim, Vader-dark, Anakin Solo swooped down on the TIEs.

The rise of Darth Martel? o_O ;) :p

?Oh,? she whispered. ?Khakk?.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Overall opinion of this post... Wow!! :cool: =D= :D :)

Outstanding work, my friend.

JD AKA Ronto Boy. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.