main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Great Hall

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by JED1, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Ewoks you say?

[image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/fanforceuk/funnies/bar_ewok.jpg]

I have invited these two for the grand opening :)

2. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    [face_laugh]

Now that is funny!!!

Hi Jonny! about time you got here! :D

3. HAHA!

Aye anno, been busy fiddling with the Panasonic DVX100e over the past couple of days :D :D

I say, move against the Ewoks first, then you will have no difficulty in killing Jar Jar to free Star Wars from crazy creatures from Lucas' mad mind!! *lighting bolts fly*

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    goes round inspecting the pub

Hmmmmm, a mighty fine establishment you got here.
    Does it have a basement?

I need somewhere to move my evil twin incase he feels like causing havoc somewhere else.

If not, it's fine.
    I'll just have a pint :p

5. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    wow disapear for a couple of hours and it gets busy!

*Crucios the walking teddy bears*

[face_devil]

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Thought you didn't drink pints, Rich? :p

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll make an exception since this is Scotland, one must fit in you know :p

8. Whim_of_the_Whills

Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2006
    *hands out some Ewok coats*

These should keep us all warm. Just make sure Amber doesn't mistake you for the real thing.

Coffee please Barkeep.

9. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    So much for the roaring fires and lava underfloor heating!

Morning all! Coffees and hot buttered toast all round! :)

10. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    Thank you so much for the coffee.

Ooh, no, it's nice and cozy in here - it's out there that worries me [face_worried]

It's horrible, dark and rainy in Manchester at the moment. I nearly overslept.

11. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Well it's bright up here at the moment but it's been raining all night! I think winter has finally arrived!:(

12. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    :(

But hey, at least we have a nice warm pub to come to.

I'm ashamed to say I've only been to Scotland once, when I was a student. Visited St Andrews. It sure is beautiful. I will definitely try and make a meet next year - would like to see the true Glasgow, as opposed to what the media shows us.

13. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Would absolutely love to see you up here sometime Whim, you are more than welcome and would be guaranteed a great time! Glasgow is really a cool place, of course we have our bad points the same as any other large city but those are far outstripped by our good points! Tim posted some great pics he took during his visit here at the weekend. Check them out here and you can get a flavour of the place http://boards.theforce.net/scotland/b10203/24607245/p2/?67

14. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Someone say my name? [face_mischief]

If it makes you guys feel better, it has already snowed here :_|

15. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    It's a dark rainy day here as well...so a nice warm pub with a fire going sounds like just the thing! I miss Scotland so much. I spent quite a bit of time there when I was engaged to a Glaswegian. I even play the bagpipes! (no joke)

I remember going into the Clachaig Pub in Glencoe on a cold day when it was snowing. It was so warm inside and a bit of grub and a hard cider really hit the spot :)

16. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Someone mention snow? aargh, I hate the stuff! Afternoon Jeannette! :)

That's a real nice image you paint there Meri! :)

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Morning George :)

Snow is ok for the first day then after that I don't like it. Lucky none so far has stayed on the floor it just melted on contact. Although the snow in Buffalo caused some problems hense Mike doing an 80 hour week at work :eek:
    Heck I don't even like the cold here as it means I can't go anywhere.....roll on summer :p

18. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Good morning all :) another bright sunny but very cold day here but it's warm and cosy in the Hall, coffees on, hot buttered toast and croissants are waiting not to mention steaming bowls of porridge! Come in take a load off, sit back, relax and enjoy the company!

19. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    Good morning :)

Same type of weather here too, but nice and bright.

I'd love a nice bowl of porridge and a hot coffee please.

Had a bit of a computer scare this morning - registry error :( Seems to have recovered okay, but I've done a backup. I rely on this machine for work and it's been iffy since the day I bought it, which was in June. Not something i can pin down enough to go complain though. It has a mind of its own - like to reboot randomly when least expected. Possible memory problem I'm thinking, sigh! Why isn't there a diagnostic for memory! Bah!

20. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Morning Whim! :) *passes over coffee and porridge*

I feel your pain with your IT problems, I have had my fair share of them over the years, and they said computers would make life so much easier! lol! A work colleague of mine just had a new top of the range pc delivered yesterday and he can't even get it to boot up! lets just say he is not a happy camper this morning![face_plain]

21. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    *munches porridge*

I don't blame him. I thought the machine I bought would be okay - it's a good brand, or so I thought. Philips are supposed to be good, but alas, after the event, I find out this is actually PC World's own which Philips have allowed to have their logo, etc. on.

Still, could be worse, I nearly bought Dell [face_plain]

22. DARTH_DONALD

DARTH_DONALD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    good mornin all how we all be doin the day??? barkeep my good man can i have double of the strongest stuff you got and a bag of nuts plaese :D

23. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Morning Darth, glad to see you here! So are you up for the next meet in Edinburgh on the 10th of December?

I've got a Dell laptop Whim, and thankfully I've never had any trouble with it![face_praying]but I've heard some horror stories about others who have them!

24. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Good morning everyone! Thank goodness it's Friday! personally I can't wait for the day to be over and the weekend to begin!

25. Whim_of_the_Whills

Jul 22, 2006
    Morning :D

Feeling a bit that way myself. Only cos I want a lie in lol Cats permitting of course, sigh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.