main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Great Newbie Rush of March/Feb 02

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MysteryWhiteBoy8, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. living-force

living-force Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Sure I do. He's some purple dude that got stabbed to death by an orc.

2. -Rhysology

-Rhysology Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    I took a year hiatus and I definately noticed a lot of new screen names when I returned!

3. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I think that the big problem here is that there was a group of friends that came on at the same time, and they all started making a lot of threads right away. Many useless and redundant. :D

4. RiggsWolfe

RiggsWolfe Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm a newbie in the posting sense. Been reading on the boards forever, but never really felt the urge to join in until recently.

To be honest, alot of my reading until a couple of months ago was on the forums about fan films and rarely here, until I started getting really, really interested in some things I was thinking about the NJO and wanted to see if any other fans had similiar thoughts.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I really am sick of this newbie rush, they arn't 1% seriouse. And dont say that means nothing coming from me because it does! Really these newbies need to learn some respect. We also need a "off hours admin".

6. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Most n00bies don't last for a month.

And it's going to get a lot worse around May/June. I suggest you all hide in bomb shelters ...

wk

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Most n00bies don't last for a month.

lol, that what they said about me, they didnt care who I was like most newbies. Im still trying to find out who opposed me as a newbie, when I find out ill smash em!

8. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    O.K., livingforce, if your joking, it's not funny, and if your serious, was it comfurtable(sp.) under that rock of your's?

9. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    i have successfully lasted four months! woohoo! i am now a senior and respected member of the forums.... i wish...

i would at least hope that ppl would recognise my name when i post...

and just remember, everyone was a n00bie once, so don't be too hard on them... ;)

10. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I wonder if people recognize me when I post?

11. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I don't think people will start recognizing your name when you post until you've hit the 1000 post mark. Until then you're just one of the mostly unknown masses like me.

I only started coming here myself when I signed up less than a year ago. If I knew about the Lit. Forum in 98/99 I would have signed up back then. Back then the highest traffic place to go for Star Wars discussion was RASSM.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    " I wonder if people recognize me when I post ? "

Kinda hard not to, 'Dude.

j/k, buddy ! ;)

13. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I reconize you chissdude.

14. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Ah, I don't think people still recognize me, and I have been here for awhile. I'm just not incredibly vocal. I have been posting a lot more lately, but in the past I have only done it every once in awhile.

15. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    lol, that was kinda a joke post anyway, everyone knows and loves the c-dude!

16. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    lol, that was kinda a joke post anyway, everyone knows and loves the c-dude!

Well, we all know you. ;)

17. Possessed-Freak

Possessed-Freak Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2002
    'Sure I do. He's some purple dude that got stabbed to death by an orc.'

Wow, when did Tinky Winky get killed by an orc? Guess Jerry Falwell must be smiling now!

18. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    You know their names? :eek:

;)

19. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I thought it was funny!
    some people are being crabby!

20. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Am i still a newbie?

21. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Is it just me, or is there a strange prejudice from oldies who've wandered this board against the newbies just trying to get in on the fun?

I've been a poster since February - one of the supposed "newbie rushers" - but that's mainly because I had no interest in message boards before. When I started poking around in here, I found a topic or two that I thought was cool, so I hung around.

22. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I was partial to "Mitty," but from now on I shall try to refer to the distinguished Grand Admiral as "Tinky Winky." Although "Smurf" is also acceptable name.

When you say "purple dude," and people can easily be confused with the "original red-eyed, blue-skinned, alien Imperial military leader," (Grand?) General Sk'ar.

23. BattleDog

BattleDog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2002
    I'm not a SW newbie, but I only just started posting on TFN.

24. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I think some people do not understand the point of this thread. Just because you registered recently, doesn't make you a newbie. And just because you've been around for a while, doesn't mean you're not a newbie. There's a distinction.

Newbie: A new person who asks all sorts of redundant questions. They aren't bad, just inexperienced and tend to make threads that have been done a million times before, eg. When did Luke turn to the Dark Side?, Should they make an EU TV series, What about Episodes 7-9?. They also tend to go off topic. Also referred to as n00b's.

Newly Registered person: A person who's registration date is new, but they have a good knowledge of Star Wars. They've lurked for a while, and know how things work, and how we talk. They can get into discussions and have intelligent conversation without feeling the need to repeat or try and make a splash.

So you see, we here don't have a problem with Newly Registered people. Newbies can be a problem though.

25. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I don't know. I've seen some topics go off on unrelated tangents and some topics that shouldn't be posted, and the dates attached the those names are from long ago.

I'm probably getting needlessly defensive here, I just don't see the point of this whole topic other than to antagonize supposed "newbies." Would this topic be considered irrelevant? I mean, what does it have to do with Star Wars literature?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.