main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The great purge

Discussion in 'Communications' started by AdamBertocci, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I note that the oldest surviving threads of JCC are (and have been for some time) from New Years' Day 2002.

Can we expect massive deletion of 2002's old locked threads in JCC shortly? Is the system calibrated to automatically chomp down on old locked threads of a certain year, or what?

Just wondering how massive thread deletion occurs. I've got a morbid streak. :)

Hey, look on the bright side, it's a drama-free Comms thread. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

2. nashira

nashira Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2002
    *drama*

:p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

3. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, there are two ways of deleting locked threads, manual pruning and automatic pruning.

Automatic pruning will delete locked threads somewhat randomly, I think. Its because of this random nature that we've actually turned it off. Old threads get autolocked by the system, and we dont want the autopruning to delete perfectly good threads, threads that some people might like.

We now go for manual pruning, where we go back to the threads before autolocking, and just delete those that have been mod-locked. Though we've gotten a little slack on this side of things of late. We'll just leave it for a while, and then just have a big day of pruning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.