main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 'The Great Rebellion' - New Sci-Fi Illustrated Novel

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by DBrennan3333, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Well, I'll be honest: I worked my rear off on an illustrated novel called, 'The Great Rebellion', and now I'm really, really looking for any sort of feedback before I spend the substantial amount of money it will cost to self-publish the book.

I did get feedback from one person: former lead-artist on the Batman line of comics, Norm Breyfogle. Norm, in addition to being an awesome artist, is a tremendously giving man, and he gave me an extensive review in which he said it was "rich" and "fascinating". (Parts of his review have actually become the blurb on the back cover for when I self-publish the book.)

Here's Norm's piece of art conceptualizing the story:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/DBrennan3333/TGRFinal14.jpg]

So, if you're willing to take a small leap of faith and invest your time into an amateur, unpublished novel, please let me know and I'll e-mail you a copy. The story has got a dozen illustrations to help express the people, places, and things which don't exist in our world, as well as a map and an encyclopedia.

And while beggers can't be choosers, I do want to politely request that, if you are kind enough to ask for it, that you do actually follow through and take the time to read it and then send me a critique. As I noted above, I need the feedback for the final editing before I dive in and spend the money to self-publish.

Thanks in advance to anybody kind enough to read this unpublished novel.

-David
    DBrennan3333@Yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.