main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Great River / Legends Haven MkII (Was: Should there be new stories in the Legends continuity?)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hamburger_Time, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    What do you mean by "last legends holdouts"? Do you mean to say that you and a few others (as you put it) are the only Legends fans on this forum? Rest assured that's not true, there are plenty of Legends fans here, myself included. My favourite characters and story are Legends, as you can see from my profile pic, and I'd love to see more stories about them and other fantastic Legends characters. But, as it happens, I thoroughly enjoy the new canon too, and my Legends fandom doesn't stop me from enjoying it and vice versa. Do I want more Legends? You bet I do. And others on this forum do too. But there are some excellent stuff in the new canon that in my opinion is a shame not to enjoy, or at the very least give a fair chance. Until we get more Legends (which I'm sure we will), let's enjoy more Star Wars, canon or otherwise :)

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Dude, Legends material is being published and is selling! If it wasn't Marvel would have put the brakes on those Epic collections pretty damn fast.

That it's selling means more people are interested in discovering it and clearly don't give a crap about it not being canon.

Therefore, Legends is far, far from dead.

Darth Caliban, xezene, Duguay and 6 others like this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm a Legends fan, but most the pre-Endor stuff from the new canon, aside from a few small details, don't feel like a different universe to me. I haven't seen TFA or read any of the Aftermath novels etc., but I see no reason to not continue to consume the post 4/14 material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Not a shame to admit to be a Legends fan more than a Star Wars fan. I've been saying that for years. I don't mean to insult or degrade, but the 'Star Wars trilogy' fans tend to want to stick to the tried and true formula. I'm more about expanding and trying on new things, the Yuuzhan Vong instead of the First Order. Hell, even Caedus over Kylo Ren because Caedus wasn't simply Vader 2.0, there was also a bit of Sheev in there. He wasn't a puppet, he was trying to make things out for the Galaxy as a whole and not just for himself, his leader and his family.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Pfluegermeister You are now my new favorite person :p

And here's a idea people...Let people who like the Nu Canon like the new Canon people who like Legends like Legends....Let people who like both like both....and stop trying to make the other side feel like their long.

Basically leave people alone, and move along.

Also...You know....their are people in poverty....with sick mothers....or fathers.....homeless people.....disabled people....refugees (Ever hear about a little thing called the Syrian refugee crisis)...minorities in peril....and unless you are one of these people and Legends like saved you're life from committing suicide (which i'm sure they're are people like that and if so more power to yuh) then honestly....you're depression...yeah can't respect it.

I mean maybe if you couldn't buy it anymore then yes that's a problem. But hey i went to the bookstore know what i saw....a crud tone of legends books....Thrawn trilogy Shatterpoint....some of those post NJO stories. Guide to Warfare (which i bought great book btw) so yeah....again, can't respect it.

It's one thing to be a bit sad it's another thing to act entitled.

Pfluegermeister and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016

How dare you say I'm entitled! I keep up with RL events more than 80% of the people on this board. Legends keeps sane and provides a window outside the monotony and sorrow of daily life I'm half tempted to call the mod on you.

Anedon likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I didn't ask if you follow R1 stuff i don't really care

Well then here's a idea. Enjoy those books, talk about the with friends, and let the other people who enjoy both enjoy both without coming off on how you get all "Depressed" and you're the "last holdouts" because if that doesn't sound entitled i don't know what does.

Also if you wanna call the mods no big loss, i need something to keep me away from R1 spoilers.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  8. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    He said RL as in Real Life, not R1 as in Rogue One.

Sinrebirth and Daneira like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

The L looked like a 1...bad eyes sometimes

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I still have plenty of EU stories to collect book, comic, tv and game-wise.
    Not done yet by any means.
    If TPTB want to not do any more stories in the EU, then fine. I will enjoy the NEU for as long as it goes.
    And there will always be people that write fan-fic stories of the old EU. Plenty of good PT/Clone wars/Dark Times/Rebellion/New Republic/NJO/etc fics. Let's see what other people can write.
    And if by chance we get more old EU stories, all the better. Not sweating it at all.

Sinrebirth and spicer like this.
  12. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Darth Invictus Yeah, calm down, Siegfried. :p

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  13. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    [​IMG]

14. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I was thinking more along the lines of Brunnhilde immolating herself on Siegfried's funeral pyre and every other character dying either from burning, drowning, or just depression, but yeah...

15. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    For the benefit of the culturally-illiterate in our audience...

There's subtitles you can switch on for those of us who don't speak German.

16. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    That actually makes far more sense, yeah. [face_laugh]

17. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Hehe

This is my favorite TFN Lit thread.

We must keep it alive...I, Stymi, and a few others.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If someone does not know of the Rings of Nibelung they are irredeemable.

Moving along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Next, someone will come along and go:

I love SW, but what's this leitmotif rubbish?

20. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    We are we no longer writing in Standard Edited American English?

21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Leitmotif is a loanword included in Standard Edited American English. ;)

22. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    I love Kylo Ren as a villain specifically because he's a poser wannabe who also happens to have a viscous meanstreak. It was kind of genius of JJ to go, "You know, we can't top Vader. He's the best ever," and basically design the next villain around the concept of, "I WANNA BE AS COOL AS DARTH VADER" but he's really not. But you think he might be... right up until he takes off the mask!

He's like Trioculus done legit!

Ackbar's Fishsticks and Ewoklord like this.
  23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That's precisely why I despise the character.

Anedon likes this.
  24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Exactly the ST fans and those who despised the EU would rather they follow the OT formula to kingdom come else it's not Star Wars

In that case I'm like you I'm more a Legends fan than a "Star Wars" fan.

25. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003

Just sayin'... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.