main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Great Soontir's and Glorious Chissman's comic talk shop. (ITT get yelled at by a crazy person)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Soontir-Fel, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    Is it that hard to imagine BMB coming off like a douche? I have respect for his independent work, but hot diggity DAWG, he's been TERRIBLE in most of his Marvel run!

Whereas I can only DREAM that Gail Simone would get as many titles as BMB gets to write, because she can actually... WRITE!

(And no matter who wins, or loses, Morrison still won't know, because he's in a universe all his own. ;))

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am not sure what I am more upset about right now. Giant Size Astonishing X-Men taking so long to come out (and I guess really the delays of the entire series) or the spoilers they reveal in Uncanny X-Men 496. While I suspected that this might have been the outcome, I didn't want to admit it to myself. :(

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/CapnCharisma/emozn8.jpg]

That's the best worst cover blurb ever. [face_laugh]

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
  5. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    License to print money... ;)

6. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I thought that the blurb was dine, it was the art that led me to decide not to pick this up.

7. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    "Finally, in his own EMO thread: Raven!" :p

8. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    QFT. These are comics we're talking about. Peter Parker = most emo character ever.

9. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    To be fair, he is now not emo.

He is, however, an unlikable douchebag now. Working for the DB. The DB.

The

DB

I hate you current Spider-Man titles. I hate you so much.

10. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Actually, it's The DB!

11. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Guys no matter what you accomplish in life, you will never be 1/100th of the man Jack Kirby was.

How does that make you feel?

12. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    How does that make YOU feel Soontir?

13. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Jack Kirby = Galactus.

I'd rather be Reed Richards, less than 1/1000000000000th of his awesomeness, but able to beat him up and steal his lunch money any time I choose.

14. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Man, Jack Kirby is literally God in the Marvel universe. No one can beat him

15. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    So, uh, is Fantastic Four ever going to do something besides look pretty and serve to stroke Millar's ego? Don't get me wrong, I'm in disagreement with my co-conspirator here about Millar (I'm generally pro) but two issues in and so far it's "Oh hey we're building a new Earth isn't that out there and sci-fi and cool?"

Thunderbolts was very good this week though, for many reasons.

16. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Because Warren Ellis was writing it? And when in the world is Astonish Second Stage or whatever it's called going to be officially solicited? And has Ellis been using this time to write some scripts so the first arc or two won't be as delayed as usual once it gets rolling?

17. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Joe Quesada has an amazing ability to sound like a huge jackass when ever he opens his mouth.

18. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    [face_laugh] There should be a new plan of action, whenever anyone sees Joe Q at a convention. Just point to him, and shout at the top of your lungs, "NINJAK!". Then you giggle loudly, and flee into whatever shadowy depths you'd flee into.

19. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/June08/pre/fnlcr_cv2_rev_solicit.jpg]
    FINAL CRISIS #2
    Written by Grant Morrison
    Art and covers by J.G. Jones
    Meet Japan's number one pop culture heroes, the Super Young Team and their languid leader, Most Excellent Superbat! Join legendary wrestler Sonny Sumo and super escape artist Mister Miracle as they team to face the offspring of the Anti-Life Equation! See Earth's superheroes mourn one of their oldest allies! Witness costumed criminals sinking to new depths of cowardice and depravity as Libra takes things too far! Uncover the doomsday secrets of the poisoned city of Blüdhaven! Learn the shocking identity of the prime suspect in the murder of a god! And read on if you dare as Batman becomes the first of Earth's champions to face the Fallen of Apokolips. All this and a spectacular return from the dead...
    Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones' multiverse-spanning epic continues with bombshell after bombshell in FINAL CRISIS #2 ? ?Ticket to Blüdhaven?!
    Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by J.G. Jones that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
    On sale June 25 ? 2 of 7 ? 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Fixed

21. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I read that, and thought "wow, dumbest parody I've seen in a while." And then I realized it was GM writing.

Ugh.

I'm a DC fan, and I may skip out on Final Crisis.

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Fixed.

23. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    Wow, sounds like the LITG rumor about FC being full of Morrisonian tangents is true...

24. StarscreamPrime

Dec 9, 2006
    Amazingly, for once, this is an edit job that I DON'T disagree with. =D= I'll keep that in mind should I run into Joe Q at WW Chicago, this June.

25. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Punch him once for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.