main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO The Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire Official Thread: Season 05. Come one, come all!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Commander_Faofa, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    OK, so obviously this is the thread for the STL Ren Faire. Now world famous I might add. :)

Here's the site: STL REN FAIRE

Well, I want to know, who is interested in becoming part of cast? It's like I say, you've never lived the complete experience if you haven't lived it in cast!

Also, maybe a future STL Fan Force meeting could occur here..

And, I want to hear what you thought of Ren Faire the past years.

2. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    JCF - Still a couple months away, but I'd like to check that out. I wouldn't have time to be a part of cast (I average 55-60 hours a week at work).

Have you ever been to the Royal Dump? It's a dinner theater dealie down on the landing. It's good semi-filthy fun. I don't believe you have to be 21 to get either.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    At school now so don't have much time. I'd love to be cast, but that whole job thing gets in the way as well. That and I don't have the money to do a good costume either.

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    oooooo, this looks like fun :D

I really really wanna do this, but I'll have to check calenders and such to see if I'll be home for it (I think I might be, not sure though)

I only glanced at the site, so I gotta take a closer look later :D

have you done this before? tell me about it! please?

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I've went to the Ren faire for the past two years. They have a bunch of vendors, actors, shows and demonstrations. Everyone is in Renaissance clothing of some sort.

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    My parents and I went last year (in costume) and we're planning on going again this spring. I sent in pictures, but I guess they never made it onto the site. This year I'll probably wear the same outfit, but I'll be working a new upper middle class outfit for my mom in the next few months.

Nice little fair. :) The joust was nice, and the fact that it was in the woods made it nice and cool. The Cast was very friendly, and the crowd really enjoyed themselves.

Some of the walk ways could have been improved (I am specifically thinking of the area over by the bird show/demonstration), and more food options would be nice. Permanent bathrooms would also be awesome.

~H~

7. KD

KD Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 1998
    I attended in 2001 at the prodding of a co-worker in the cast.

I was kind of disappointed. It's ultimately not my type of event to attend.

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hmm.. Why didn't you like it KD?

OK Tabee, it would be awesome if you could be a member of cast. There won't be as much work as last year, but still there is a lot of work involved in putting on a show like this. It might require a lot of time out of your schedule, it depends on most people. But the memories are worth it. The actual faire days are really fun. If the heat isn't involved.. ;)

If you want to know more, tell me. There's tons of guilds to decide to join in. Just don't do the fantasy realm. I mean it! ;)

Check the message boards at the site to learn more about the guilds and such.

Don't know when auditions are, but I might find out tonight at sabre class.

BTW:
    No, I haven't been to the Royal Dump. What's it about?

9. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    JCF - You can check out their website www.royaldumpe.com It's been 5 years or so since I've been, but it's good fun if you've got a small group to go with you.
    Their Henry VIII was great. ('Course I never met the real Henry VIII.) ;)

10. matsuo

matsuo Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    I've gone for the past four years I love it. Each year it gets better.

Heh and to some extent my costumes get better..;)
    Pic

I havent the time to devote to being a cast member and I'm not quite sure what days I'll be going but I WILL be there.

Matt

11. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    I would love to go!!!!! I think it would be awesome. Keep me updated and such seeing as that right now work it killing me ever so slowly and I just got wind of the fact that they are going to up my hours again.....*sigh* so a mini-vacation would be great! lol

12. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    audition? what thats about?

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Auditions for cast. You have to audition to get a part in Faire. You can be in any guild you want, but you have to have the qualities that would suit your character best. You can make up your own character, has to be period, and ask them how this would fit into the faire, and they help you develop the character you want to be.

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, today I get to go try out for Ren Faire. To be in a stage fight I mean. I will hopefully get a part, I love to do swordfights! Wish me luck! ;)

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Buen suerte JCF, break a leg.

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    ATTENTION!!

To all of those who are interested in being part of cast for the 2004 Ren Faire, the auditions are going to be THIS WEEKEND. The place hasn't been announced yet. I'll tell you when and where the place is.

As for yesterday, they were impressed with my skills with swordfighting I think. Plus, one of my fencing instructors was there (who is also the faire head-honcho) so he told them I was good too. ;) But I think I will actually be in a fight scenario this year!! AWESOME!! :D :D

They asked me what I wanted to be this year, and I told them a guard (city) or a pirate if the previous position was taken. They said they have well more than enough pirates, and I told them I couldn't possibly know why.. They all laughed, we started talking pirate, etc. I love faire! :)

Tabee, are you interested in becoming part of cast still?

17. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    I would love to, but I just moved back to my dorm and I won't be able to make any auditions :(

oh well, I'll still go to the faire :)

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    That's fine Tabee, you said you were interested, so I was just helping out.

I was thinking, I might not be able to actually "attend" the meeting, (until faire ended that day possibly) but maybe there could be a STLFF meeting at the Ren Faire this year. I can definitely get you discounts (if they aren't picky about it) but I'm not sure if you can all get in for free. It would be a pretty cool meeting, I might be able to arrange some stuff in faire, maybe include you in scenario, but you would have to wear costumes to look different than regular people, maybe Star Wars costumes of course... That would be awesome. I can just see it now..
    "What funny outfits? Where are you from outlander? Look out! Call the guards! They have black magic within them!!" etc.

That would be priceless. Last year we had a few guests that came to faire and wanted to spice it up a bit: They came as lepers. That was cool. Everyone put them into scenario, avoided them to make it more realistic, us guards had to keep watch on them all day long.. It was great!

19. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I got a call last night from Terry, the captain of the guards at faire. I am the only returning returning guard. I am also in a (possibly a few) stage fight. Therefore, he said it would be right if I was made sergeant of the guard. Guess who accepted? I'm sergeant of the guard now! I'm pretty excited about this. I'm 2nd in command of all of the guards.. wow. And, I get to carry around a sword! It's a pretty big task to be sergeant, from what Terry says, so hopefully I'll do ok. You guys will definitely have to come this year and see the guards kick butt! lol!

20. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Hmmm, voija could show up as vader being our person in charge, I'll show up in stormtrooper.... Hmmm, that could be fun. A few people in jedi robes with lightsabers, chasing back and forth, can you see it? Its beautiful in my mind!

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm all for it. Too bad I'm not showing up in battle gear, or I'd help kick some.

JCF, congrats! I will be there to see you, just have to make sure we go on a day you're there. What weekends is it again?

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Dates for Ren Faire:

May 15-16, May 22-23, May 29-31 (Sat/Sun + Memorial Day), June 5-6, 2004

That stormtrooper thing would be priceless!! LOL!! Since we are nicknamed Stormtroopers as it is ( ) it would be really funny to have stormtroopers around!!

I wouldn't be able to participate in the actual meeting, but if you guys had a STLFF meeting at Faire, in costumes if you wanted, that would be awesome!

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It would be more of a "social" rather that an actual meeting. We'd just hang and make faces at you. Ooooo if you could arrest Randy and put him into that woodedn thing that'd be great. Got a picture of that last year, need a new one.

I just can't figure out this image stuff, forget it. Just go here

edit: Just fixed link ;)

24. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, this was bound to come out sooner or later, so I?ll just fess up now:

It?s official: I?m a rennie. [face_blush] 8-}

That?s right folks, in addition to seeing your own Jedi_Commander_Faofa in his role as sergeant of the guard, those of you coming to the faire will be able to see me, in a yet to be finalized role. I?m still doing research, but I?ll be part of court, so I?ll be tromping around in a big dress being bossy and showy and generally being ab fab :cool:

So please come to the faire so we can engage in mutual taunting, mockery, and turkey legs. As an added bonus, anyone bringing me cold fruit will get one free 'get out of ban free' card. :D

It's good to be a noble... or a mod for that matter. ;)

~H~

25. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hey, awesome! Someone from the boards is a Rennie!! I'll look for you this weekend, you might have to find me.. There's a TON of people this year!!

A noble huh? At least you aren't in the fae realm, that's where some of my friends are, you don't want to be in there.. ;) Looks like I'll be seeing you more often if you are a noble. When I'm not drilling or something.. JK

Welcome to the company Jurist! Hope you have lots of fun this year! Hopefully I can try to find you this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.