main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Greatest Gift Is Your Song {JA, Obi/Qui vignette FEB 28, 2003 Please come and reveiw}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Title: The Greatest Gift Is Your Song
    Author: Padawan Jess Kenobi
    Rating: JA, mushiness
    Disclamor: Not mine, never will be mine. :(

***Authors note: This is just what I needed, another story. :D Anyway, the song in italics does not, I repeat does NOT belong to me. It is featured in Moulin Rouge, written by Bernie Taupin, I believe. I added ONE word, to the song, just so it would flow a little better***

Qui-Gon yawned and sat up in bed, and looked out the window of his bedroom. Coruscant seemed to sparkle and shine. The temperature was warm, yet not uncomfortably so. The sky was a clear baby blue color that Qui-Gon loved. Considering the bad weather that they had been having lately, the good weather seemed special, which was appropriate because today was a special day. Today was Qui-Gon Jinn's birthday.

Qui-Gon stepped gracefully off the spacious bed, onto the green-rugged floor. He changed out of his sleep-clothes into a clean tunic, and headed off for the kitchen, his stomach growling.

When he arrived in the doorway of the kitchen, he was met with the sight of a sleepy-eyed boy. The table was set neatly, and there were plates filled with food. Obi-Wan lifted his head and saw Qui-Gon. Forgetting his dignity, Obi-Wan ran over to his much- loved mentor.

"Happy birthday, Master!" Obi-Wan said eagerly.

Qui-Gon smiled widely, "Thank you, Obi-Wan." He glanced again at the table and heaping plates of food. "Did you make that?" he inquired.

Obi-Wan nodded proudly, "Yes, I did, Master. Come on!" Obi-Wan led his Master over to the table. They both sat down at the same time.

Obi-Wan motioned to Qui-Gon to start eating. Qui-Gon complied and dug his fork into the contents of the meal, lifting the fork back into his mouth, savoring the delicious taste of the food. "Padawan, this is wonderful!" Qui-Gon exclaimed.

Obi-Wan grinned as he too began to eat. About halfway through the meal, Obi-Wan glanced at his Master. "How- how old are you turning, Master?" he asked nervously, afraid that perhaps he was being too nosy. It wasn't exactly his business to inquire about his Master's age. But his nervousness evaporated, as he saw that Qui-was not angry.

Qui-Gon looked up, "Well, padawan, I am turning 49 today," he answered.

The fourteen-year-olds eye's widened, "wow!" he exclaimed.

Qui-Gon smiled, amused, as he brought the fork up to his mouth again.

"That old, huh?" Obi-Wan murmured softly to himself.

Qui-Gon grabbed a towel from the counter and reached over the table. He gently smacked Obi-Wan in the head, "I heard that you little brat." Qui-Gon said, his eyes twinkling with mirth.

Obi-Wan gave an innocent look and buried his grin in his plate. They finished they're meal ten minutes later.

"Thank you for the breakfast, padawan, it was truly delicious." Qui-Gon said.

Obi-Wan shrugged aside the compliment, "It was no trouble, Master, really," he answered as he began to wash the dishes. Qui-Gon started to help, when Obi-Wan put his hands on his hips in a classical scolding posture, "Today is your birthday, I'll do the dishes, you go sit down, or something."

Qui-Gon laughed softly and sat on the comfortable couch in the living room. Obi-Wan soon joined him, trying to wipe the bubbles from dishwasher liquid off of his hands, onto his tunic. Qui-Gon rolled his eyes.

"You'll get your present tonight, okay Master? "Obi-Wan said.

Qui-Gon looked at his young apprentice, "I really don't need a gift, padawan, the breakfast was enough."

Obi-Wan shook his head firmly, "you are getting a gift, Master, there is no way out of this." He said as he winked youthfully.

Qui-Gon grinned, "Fine padawan. But, its really not necessary, although I do appreciate it."

Obi-Wan smiled and leaned back into the couch. "Master," he said cautiously, "Are there any past birthday gifts you would like to share with me?" He glanced at the older Jedi, who had his grin still plastered across his face.

"Well, once Tahl got me this wonderful locket when I we were younger. It was beautifu

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *dies of overwhelming cuteness* :_| [face_love]

:p

3. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Ohh...that was sooo sweet! And what a fantastic idea to have Obi-Wan/Ewan singing that song! :p

Qui-Gon felt a lump form in his throat. "He called me Dad," he said to no one but himself, "My boy called me dad."

*sniff* Oh Qui-Gon...he loves you so very much!

This was a really sweet, compassionate piece. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    good cross over with the moulin rouge

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

That was lovely oh my God and Obi called Qui Dad aw bless his littl heart. This was so nice, a very kind and sweet Qui Gon and a loving apprentice well done

6. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    Another Obi story Jess...how do you find the time...Sockie is still slaving aways on her first! :)

I like it! [face_love] Obi is so cutesies!

Did you get story inspired by all that Moulin Rouge watching you have been doing lately? :p

Great Obi/Ewan tie-in! :D

7. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Very sweet story, Jess. And now, I have that song stuck in my head...which is a good thing! :D

Obi

8. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Sobs hysterically* Good job! :D

9. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    obaona: *dies of overwhelming cuteness* Lol. Good, you thought it was cute, then? :) Thanks.

Bellyup:Ohh...that was sooo sweet! And what a fantastic idea to have Obi-Wan/Ewan singing that song! Thanks! I just melted when Ewan sang it in Moulin Rouge, so... 8-} *sniff* Oh Qui-Gon...he loves you so very much!

This was a really sweet, compassionate piece. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!
    No, thank YOU for reading! face_happy] Yes, Obi does love him. :)

PaddyJuan: Thanks!

Hananiah:That was lovely oh my God and Obi called Qui Dad aw bless his littl heart. This was so nice, a very kind and sweet Qui Gon and a loving apprentice well done [face_love] I love it also when Obi calls Qui Dad. Thank you for the kind words. :)

Sockie: Another Obi story Jess...how do you find the time...Sockie is still slaving aways on her first! How do I find the time? I have no idea. 8-} Keep at it Sockie, writing is very rewarding, IMO. :) Did you get story inspired by all that Moulin Rouge watching you have been doing lately? Yup, I did. I just love it when Ewan sings that, I just had to write something where he sings! :D Thanks a lot for reading!

Obi the KidLVery sweet story, Jess. And now, I have that song stuck in my head...which is a good thing! Thanks, Obi! I love that song too! :D

Renton Kenobi:*Sobs hysterically* Good job! Thank you very much! [face_love]

Wow, the amount of reveiws for this is amazing! [face_shocked] Thanks everyone!

10. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    That was so sweet! I'm giving this a well deserved up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    That was adorable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.