main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn: JA/Moulin Rouge [Obi/Cerasi]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    This is my attempt to write a JA/MR crossover....and a) keep everyone in character and b) stay true to the plot. Oh, and c) have fun. :)

BTW, for those who want to know who's who in this crossover (and can't guess ;) ) Obi is Christian (who didn't see that coming?) Cerasi is Satine (she has the red hair!), Xani is the Duke (hee hee), Qui is Zidler (it's make more sense later on. And no, he will not be singing Like A Virgin ;) ), Garen is Toulouse, Reeft is the Argetinean, assorted friends of Obi's are the Bohemians, and Siri is Nini.

Got all of that? ;)

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn

There was a boy
    A very strange enchanted boy
    They say he wandered very far, very far
    Over land and sea
    A little shy and sad of eye
    But very wise was he....

And then one day
    Once magic day he passed my way
    And while we spoke of many things
    Fools and kings
    This he said to me
    The greatest thing
    You'll ever learrn
    Is just to love
    And be loved in return

I first came to Melinda/Daan one year ago. Back when I knew nothing of the Moulin Rouge, Qui-Gon Jinn, or Cerasi. All I
    knew was that I wanted to write- write about freedom, beauty, truth and love.

I took a flat near the villiage of Montmarte. It was nothing like Master Yoda had said....I remember him snapping angrily 'A Village of the Darkside, this is!"

No, nothing like that. It was a world of art and magic. Where I would write about love!

Except I'd never been in love.

Fortuneately, right at that moment an unconcious Dresselian fell through my roof, and was quickly followed by a short brown- haired human dressed as a nun.

This human apologized profusely for the Dresselian falling through my roof. He, apparently, had some disease callled
    Narcolepsey. Which meant he was concious one minute and unconcious the next. They were trying to rehearse a play, and this made things very difficult.

The short human introduced himself as Henri de Raymond Garen-Lautrec Montfa. While I was trying to work out how to get them all out of my room so I could write, another person looked down through the hole in the ceiling.

"GAREN! Find someone else to read the part!" she screamed.

And all eyes were on me.

So stood in for the unconcious dresselian, and got to stand around and listen to them argue.

"The hills are animated with, the euphonious symphony of descant!"

"The hills are vital intoning the descant!"

"The hills are incarnate with symphonic melodies."

I could stand it no longer.

"The hills are alive with the sound of music!"

Everyone stared.

"The hills are alive with the sound of music!" the now-concious dresselian declared, standing up. "I LOVE it!"

Everyone clapped and cheered. "Audrey!" Garen yelled. "You two can write the show together!"

Her face took on an incredulous look and before I could blink she was out of the door.

Unconcerned, the group started discussing the future animatedly.

"With this Obi-Wan, we can write the show we've always dreamed of!"

"How will we convince Jinn?" asked the Mon Calamari, Bant.

Garen had a plan. Dress me up in his best suit, pass me off as a famous Coruscantian writer, and introduce me to Cerasi...the star of the nightclub.....

....the Moulin Rouge.

While they planned this out, I mentally panicked, as I kept hearing Yoda's voice in my head....

"Wind up wasting your life away with a can can dancer, you will! Always this ridiculous obsession with LOVE!"

"No!" I said. "I can't write the show for the Moulin Rouge."

They gasped in horror.

"Why not?!" Garen demanded.

"Because I don't even know if I am a true revolutionary...."

"Do you believe in truth?" Bant demanded

"Yes."

"Beauty?"

"Yes."

"Freedom?"

"Yes, of course."

"Love?"

"Love?" I said, and realised there were a great many things I desired. Things I'd never had. "...Love is like oxygen. Love lifts us up were we belong. All you need is love!"

And that was enough to convince t

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    WOHOOO!!! I'm so glad you started to write this!! I have this new obsession with Moulin Rouge, so I would love to see how you are going to write this!! Awesome!! *can't wait until Obi sings* [face_love]

3. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks Jess. :)

I'd dreamed so long of being an actress. Ever since I was a little girl of five- I remember standing up in front of relatives and performing dances, songs, scenes from favoured books and even comedy routines.

Those releatives are all dead now. Died in the war that raged our planet when I was thirteen.

How I came to be at the Moulin Rouge is a long story, and one I'm not sure I want to tell. No-one here cares...it's like working at the nightclub is just a way to kill time until we die.

It saddens me to the core, but there's nothing I can do except carry on with my job- to give love to those who want it. Not real love. There's little of that here.

Qui-Gon owns the club. I said that most people here are just trying to kill time before they die, and that's truer than ever in his case. He wants a way out, someway to get us girls away from here so we can live a life better than his. I think I am the favourite, maybe even something of a daughter to him. It was me who he confided in about the theatre.

"I've found a fiancer," he told me.

Yes, he had. And it was my job to seduce him. The fate of the nightclub rested on my shoulders...the my one and only chance
    of becoming an actress....becoming something more than a beautiful (or so they said) but deadened inside courtisan.

"I don't want you to have to do this, Cerasi," Qui-Gon had said to me. "Or any of the other girls, for that matter."

I met his eyes. "Well, I can do this, and I will."

He nodded and left the room. I started getting ready for my number. I heard his footsteps down the corridor, and then a new sound.

"I've had enough. My dress needs repairing -it's ripped and the patterns are fading, and yet someone can afford to buy Cerasi a new dress. It clashes with her hair- looks completely awful! It would look much better on me."

"Siri," I heard him say wearily. "your jealousy is starting to border on the pathetic."

"She..."

"We'll get a new dress for you, Siri. Give your old one to Adi. She'll fix it up."

There was a silence- I supposed she was iving him a death galre....and then I heard her retreating footsteps. I opened the door
    to see Qui-Gon walking away.

I closed door and returned to the mirror, wondering to myself what circumstances led a noble man like him to become a
    reluctant lord of the underworld.

4. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Good stuff so far. Keep up the good work! I like it... I don't think anyone's tried to do a Moulin Rouge crossover before. :D

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I've never seen this before, or anything like it actually. Originality is great! More soon!!

6. Cerasy

Cerasy Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2003
    *applauds* more! :D

7. EVILSOAPBUBBLE

EVILSOAPBUBBLE Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2003
    Ooooh....yay!!!!!!!!!

8. ChibiJedi

ChibiJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Up! 'Cause Moulin Rouge/Star Wars deserves to be upped! :D Just imagine Qui singing "Like a Virgin"!!!! [face_laugh]
    *Read my sig*

9. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    this is new. when you said qui-gon was going to have zidler's part, i was really looking foreward to reading him dance like zidler.

~aeryn

10. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    ...hey everyone?

I don't think I'll be able to finish this. I've just started getting lots of schoolwork, and really there's only time to work on one fic. Unfortuneatly it's not this one. :( I may get back to this later, but we'll have to wait and see...

Thanks to everyone who posted here, though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.