main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Green Hand Rebellion: Chapter 3 Now Playing (6/11/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cantador, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cantador

Cantador Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    Removed for Rewrite.

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    A very interesting start! Your description and imagery are wonderful! I really look forward to seeing where you go with this :)

The part at the top is a bit hard to read so you might want to consider revising it a bit :)

Welcome to the forums!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    You're obviously a very talented writer. I can't wait to read more of this. If you do PMs, feel free to PM when you update. If not, that is fine, too! :D

Bravo on a great start!

4. Cantador

May 15, 2005
    Layren,

I know, I know. It was bugging the heck out of me too, but I spent so much time trying to get it all centered and rewriting it so it'd fit just right (it didn't, ultimately) I was too stubborn to leave it out. It's a character flaw. Once I couldn't get our wireless network running (my other flaw is that I'm technology illiterate) so I went looking for cords that would stretch from the study to the back deck, bedroom, kitchen and anywhere else laptops might be needed. It took all afternoon to find them and when I did, I discovered our router didn't have slots for more than one and I went out and bought a new one. And then a friend fixed the wireless in five minutes, so I pretended it didn't work. Kept plugging and unplugging those wires and dragging them around for a year until one of them got sucked into the vacuum cleaner.

Look any better this way?

VaderLVR64,

You're much, much too kind, but I would be happy to PM you when I update.

Thank you both for taking the time to read and reply, and for the quite undeserved compliments. Fortune's turned my way and I believe I'll have the time later this morning to finish up chapter two. I hope to see you along for the whole ride.

If you have any criticism or other suggestions, they're more than welcome.

5. Cantador

May 15, 2005
    Removed for rewrite.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    For some reason, I loved this passage. Maybe because it just how truly observant she is, I don't know. :p

But I liked it!

The room she had booked was desolate, but she knew it was bugged the moment she saw it. Everything was too neat. Too perfect. Too much effort had been put into making it inconspicuous and comforting. She smiled and tossed her bags on the bed.

A wonderful update and I hope there will be more soon. Thanks for the PM!

7. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Hey Cantador! Great start!

Can I ask for more soon?

Thanks!

Seven

8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Wow! =D=

Great start! I like Larena already. :D I can't wait to see what's next!

9. Cantador

May 15, 2005
    Stay tuned following the acknowledgements for Chapter 3, wherein Cantador finally writes an installment long enough to be an entre, and a new character is introduced and a cameo reprised, with shocking results. :)

I send update notifications to Darth Vader's loveliest mistress, and I would be happy to do the same for everyone else (though I ask you not tell VaderLVR64, because from what I understand her boyfriend has a temper).

VaderLVR64,

And thank you for reading, once again.

If you haven't guessed why Larena is so observant... Stay tuned for Chapter 3. :D

Seven,

You may.

You should. In fact, I'll be very cranky if you don't.

I'm already pretty upset that I got the Jedi Code exactly backwards.

Thank you very much for the great start.

amidalachick,

And thank you too. I just hope I measure up.

If you don't mind my asking, to what denomination of the Christian faith do you belong? And how fluent is your Arabic? I never learned it myself, but it's a beautiful language heard spoken.

Layren,

Where are you, my dear? A whole day and I don't know if you like my mini-prologue any better.

I think it's about time I headed off to one of your stories. I'll read them all and leave epic reviews, until you feel so guilty you can't help but come back.

:D

All kidding aside, reading those stories doesn't sound like a half bad idea.

10. Cantador

May 15, 2005
    Removed for rewrite.

11. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Another Wonderful chapter!

I really can't wait for more... all the twists and turns...

I'm pretty sure they're making me dizzy!

More soon please!

Seven

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Wow, things are getting really interesting on Terantus!

Awesome post! =D= I can't wait to see what's next.

And to answer your questions: I'm a Baptist. I'm not very fluent in Arabic yet, but I can say a couple of words and I can read and write a little bit.

I never learned it myself, but it's a beautiful language heard spoken.

I'm glad you agree! Written Arabic is gorgeous, too. It's like an art form. :)

EDIT: Could you please add me to your update notifications list? I don't want to miss anything. ;)

13. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Oh very very very cool. I am completely fascinated and only slightly bewildered. [face_laugh]

You have created a completely fascinating world peopled with very compelling characters. I loved Larena's argument with herself for example. Very much looking forward to more and I would love to be PMed when updates occur, since at the moment I seem to miss things much too easily.

KD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.