main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Green Stone Trilogy I: Making -young Qui's journal-Aaaand this is just never going to end.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Jess: Don't worry, they'll be plenty of Obi in the sequel! ;) Thanks for reviewing! :D

JacenHornSolo: Thanks! :)

Jedi7: Thank you for reading! :D

Making
    12. Could Have Gone Worse

25th day, 10th month,standard year 24933

Today, early in the morning, Master came into my room.
    "Are things all right?" he questioned.

I had a feeling that he'd been meaning to say that for a few days, but kept putting it off. I'm just a burden to him, I know it.

Besides, I had wished previously that he'd ask me that question, but I'd wanted him to say "Are you all right?" instead of "Are things all right?"

"I'm fine," I said. He gave a nod and turned to leave, then I said quickly, "Today is Clee's birthday. May I meet her?"

"Yes," he said. He didn't sound disappointed, but for some reason I'd expected him to. Before long I was hurrying down to the Room Of A Thousand Fountains. Our meeting place.

'Our'...I'm lucky to have such friends. Tahl, Clee, Binn, Somti, Mace...sometimes Nela and Plo...it's funny. Attachment is forbidden, and yet I don't know what I would do without them.

Tahl says I am gifted at randomness.

Anyway, I went to the Fountains, and found Clee and Tahl there. I gave a small bow to Clee, even though it wasn't nessicary. "Happy birthday."

She giggled. "Thank you."

We stayed there for a while, dicussing things- the past year, for example.

"This year has been hard for you, hasn't it?" Tahl said, looking at me. "I was thinking, last night...well, I wasn't really, I was meditating, or trying to...I think Master Thea really doesn't like me...and I found you came into my thoughts."

"What makes you think Master Thea doesn't like you?" I asked, a little bluntly.

"Oh...it's just that..I'm far from the perfect Padawan, that much is obvious," she said. "I don't think...well, I don't think I'll be a good Jedi. Look it me...I have a temper, and I'm impatient and no good at most things...and Master Thea thinks that too. We're meant to be going on a mission tomorrow, but I think she'll leave me behind at the last minute." She didn't sound at all upset when she said all this, but I know one thing about Tahl a lot of other people don't: the less upset she sounds, the more upset she probably is.

"You'll do just fine." I said. "You will."

"Well, I hope so."

We swam for a bit. Not for a long time, though, because there were classes as well. But after classes, in the evening, Tahl came to my Master's quarters to see me.

"Going now," she said with a small smile. "She did take me, after all."

"I knew she would."

"I'll see you later, then."

She doesn't say goodbye often. She likes to say see you later instead.

4th day, 1st month, standard year 24934

New Year's day was a few days ago, but I haven't had time to write before now. Master told me to spend the first day of this year meditating on things to come. I couldn't see a thing. Anyone will tell you foresight isn't one of my strengths. Thinking to far into the past or the future makes my brain hurt.

31st day, 1st month, standard year 24934

Tahl finally came back today!

Clee found me in the star-map room, called that Tahl was back and ran off, leaving me to follow her. By the time I got there, Tahl was speaking to Master Mapru, one of the Council Members.

"She was hurt," Tahl was saying. She didn't sound in the least upset, but me and Clee knew better. "It was my fault, Master,"

He examined her closely with his bug-like eyes. "Then go meditate on your mistakes, Padawan. We'll see that your Master is seen to."

He caught sight of Clee and me. "You two. You may console your friend later."

I don't know much about Master Mapru, but I know he isn't known for his warmth. Tahl had run off in the other direction anyway. It was a while before we found her. She wasn't meditating, and looked upset and angry.

Me and Clee sat on either side of her. "C'mo

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Obi in the sequel?? :D :D :D Thank you!!!!

Anyways, :(, poor Tahl. Awww. She feels so guilty, and her Master wasn't exactly very kind to her. :mad: Man, Masters were pretty bad those days, weren't they? 8-} I still feel bad for Tahl, though.

3. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    Man, Masters were pretty bad those days, weren't they?
    Bad, good, it's all a matter of opinion...

I like this story, what is going to happen next?!

How old is Qui now?

Keep it up!!

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Poor Tahl!! I really wanna smack that Master of hers around for a bit!

5. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Qui, and Tahl's Masters are pretty cold, makes you wonder what they were thinking taking on Padawans. Luv this story, and thanks for the PM. :) :) 7

6. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Jess: You're welcome. :D

JacenHornSolo: <<How old is Qui now>>>
    You're about to find out. :)

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: You can if you want. :D But she's not that bad...I hope. I have no idea where her character's going. :)

jedi7: Thanks. [face_blush]

Making
    13. Birthday Presents

20th day, 2nd month,standard year 24934

Tahl was upset again today. Thea is back from the Healers, and she's...civil to Tahl. That's the only way I can describe it. She doesn't lecture her, or yell at her, but I can see why Tahl thinks Master Thea wishes she hadn't picked her.

If I had a Padawan, I'd make sure they never got that upset because of me. And I'd make sure someone, anyone, did something about bullies like Dilan and Savus. I haven't mentioned Savus before...he's Dilan's friend. He's not nearly as, well, immature as him-he's a little older. That's what makes it worse- he knows how to hurt, I know he knows it's wrong and yet he does it anyway. He saw Tahl and me in the corridor, he said some stuff- and when Tahl told him to go away he laughed and said. "If I was your Master, I'd have dumped you by now. All the same, I think your real Master still might." I had to grab Tahl's tunic to stop her diving at him.

I dragged her to the Room Of The Thousand Fountains, in a slightly vain attempt to get her to calm down.

"That-that..." And then she began swearing in Huttish. Quite loudly.

"Tahl, don't. Release your anger."

"I'll release it alright. Into his face."

She wound up stormiing away, without me, so I sighed and wandered off, to the Star-map room. Which is where I am now.

I hope Tahl doesn't get into any sort of trouble.

3rd day, 3rd month, standard year 24934

Savus is avoiding us. Maybe Tahl told her Master, and Thea gave him a lecture.

My fourteenth birthday in two days!

5th day, 3rd month, standard year 24934

After today's lessons -dueling and diplomacy-Tahl grabbed my hand and dragged me to the Room Of A Thousand Fountains. She led me to the top of her favourite waterfall.

"Happy birthday," she said, and handed me something. A single flower. Seven petals- one for each colour of the rainbow...all glitter inside and sparkling with the light.
    "It's beautiful."
    "It's not real," she said. "It's fake. I got it on the last mission me and my Master were on."
    "Real or not, I love it. Thank you."
    "You're welcome."

There was a yell from the water below. It was Nela. "Hey, you two! Come on!"

We climbed down-as fast as we could-and found all the others there as well.

We spent the whole day in that room. It was emoty apart from us, for most of the day-Master Cilia came in, but she eventually went out again, only sitting in meditation for a few minutes. Then Master Mapru came in, saw us sitting around talking and
    frowned.

"You children are cerntainly in here a lot...and I don't see you meditating or doing anything of use."

"It's Qui-Gon's birthday," Clee said. "That's why we're all here."

"Indeed. And isn't there anything more useful to do...assisting your Masters, doing something that may benefit someone, if that concept isn't too alien to you?"

"This is benefiting someone." Somti spoke up, and Mapru raised an eyebrow and waled out.

I don't like him. I don't like him at all, actually. He was actually thinking of taking a Padawan, I heard- and Binn and Somti were
    on the list he was considering. I hope for their sake he changs his mind.

When I got back to Master's quarters, he smiled and said. "Happy birthday, Padawan." and he handed me a present. A small basket. Inside were two small chocos, rolled up in beautiful wrapping of green and silver.

"They're lovely," I said, although in reality I'd hoped for something more...personal than chocos.

"All the way from Senali," he said to me. "Very expensive."

I smiled back.
    "Padawan," he added "It's my own birthday very shortly...thirteenth of the fourth."
    "It

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    "That-that..." And then she began swearing in Huttish. Quite loudly.

"Tahl, don't. Release your anger."

"I'll release it alright. Into his face."

She wound up stormiing away, without me, so I sighed and wandered off, to the Star-map room. Which is where I am now.

I hope Tahl doesn't get into any sort of trouble.

Go Tahl!! She's my kind of girl! You show 'em! :cool:

That post was really good! You showed how erm... "irrelevant" Dookue's gift to Qui-Gon was. I assume chocos stand for chocolate, right? ;) And the part about the flower was nice too. *coughobicough* :D

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Nice post. poor tahl though...i wish her master smarts up soon!

9. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Jess: Yep, chocos are chocolate. I don't think they have an offical GFFA name for them. :) Thanks for reading.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: You'll have to wait and see what happens with Tahl and Thea. Actually, I have no idea myself. [face_blush] Thanks for replying!

Making
    14. More Birthday Presents

31st day, 3rd month,standard year 24934

I walked past Master's room this morning. I didn't want to disturb him. As I walked past I heard him whisper. "Tell me...what should I do? I am no father, I'm barely a Knight myself."

Perhaps he was speaking to the Force...or speaking to himself, even. But he didn't know I'd heard, so I just walked away. I'm not sure if that was the right thing. There are rules about the bonds betweeen Masters and Padawans...there's the ones like 'No lying' and 'Don't be disrespectful', but I expect what I did was probably against some rule, although I'm not sure what.

I do want to talk to him, though. Sometimes it feels like we're just acquaintances, nothing more.

I know. We never laugh together. We don't share smiles.

1st day, expansion week, standard year 24934

I'd better start thinking about Master's birthday. Binn says there's some place in Coruscant near the Temple where you can use the holonet for free, and since I want to get Master something from his homeworld, Serenno, the holonet seems like the best idea.

2nd day, 4th month, standard year 24934

I bought him something -a box, all the way from Serenno. It's got beautiful carving all over- horses and draigons- and with a gold clasp to keep it shut.

I knew the box was perfect when I first found it -well, found the picture of it-because, well, I know something about Master
    Dooku that I don't imagine too many other people do. For all his grace and elegance and clever ways with words, he is amazingly messy.

Well, his bedroom is, at least...it's a complete tip. Full of paper! You see...he likes to write. I think poetry, mainly. The few times I've been in there I've seen bits of it lying around.

And then there's a pile of notebooks, and several (hundred) datapads, and all sorts of clever trinkets gathered from the far corners of the galaxy. I'd love to look at them all one day. And there's several photos, in pretty silver frames...

You know, I still really can't imagine him being Yoda's Padawan.

13th day, 4th month, standard year 24934

He hugged me when he saw the present.

I hugged back.

Yoda didn't send him a present...at least I think he didn't. For all I know he might've sent one but I just never saw it. I'm sure there's a reason,anyway. Masters and Padawans keep their bond until the end of their lives...

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] I didn't know Dooku was capable of hugging someone. Huh, you learn a new thing everyday! :D That was a really nice present by Qui-Gon, and it really shows what a caring person he is. And forgive me, but I forgot how old Qui-Gon is. [face_blush] I think its 16, but I'm not sure, and way to lazy to look back. ;)Nice post! *coughobicough* Sorry, must have a cold over here or something! :D 8-}

11. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    WOW, Dooku is capable of displaying affection! Never thought I'd see that day!

Great job there! A bond that lasts forever was a great touch..makes me think of him and Obi *sigh*

12. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Okay, I've updated the title...this is going to be a trilogy. This is the first part, next is Qui's POV of JA (which I've already started working on...and I actually really love it so far!) and then his POV of TPM. And a series of vignettes, which I'll start soon (Obi'll be in them,Jess ;) ) So you have plenty to, er, look forward to. :)

I'm not sure what I think of this chapter...

Making
    15. Life, Love, Dark, Light

27th day, 4th month, standard year 24934

We were sent on a mission to one of the moons of Aurea. Me, Tahl, and our Masters, that is. It was just negotiations....it only took a few days and I didn't bring this journal with me. Tahl was fairly quiet throughout the whole thing. Sometimes I wish I knew what she was thinking.

I ought to go meet her in the library now.

The library was quiet when we got there. Me and Tahl kept quiet, talking in whispers. Discussing our Masters.

"Master Dooku is fond of you, that's perfectly clear." Tahl said. "You remind him of him."

"How do you know?"

"Because he told me."

I nodded and she suddenly said "Do you ever think about your old Master?"

I jumped "Of course," I think about him all the time. How couldn't I? He was kind, and giving, and loving..."

"Yes," she said, cutting me off. (she does that a lot, you know. It's annoying but I don't mind.) "I think Master Thea was friends with him. I brought him up in conversation once, and she shook her head crossly and told me not to speak of him again."

"Why would she say not to speak of him?"

"Because I think she's like that. She's sad so often, but she hides it. From me especially."

There was so much unspoken there. I reached for a book. "Maybe..."

CRASH! The whole stack of books fell. We both jumped and looked around. But amazingly it seemed no-one had heard.

"Oh great," Tahl muttered. "We'd better pick this lot up."

We started reaching for books and re-stacking them. I reached for a red one.

I'm still not sure why.

"What are you doing?" Tahl asked. I didn't know.

I examined the book's cover. "Tahl, are you any good at languages- old languages?"

"Why?"

"Because this writing," I said, showing her a page. "looks like Yemiyan. It's a language that they..."

"I know what Yemiyan is," Tahl interupted. "Ancient language, spoken by only a few people on only a few planets. What makes you think I'd know anything about it, hmmm?"

"Master Thea's very good at languages, isn't she? I just wondered..."

"She taught me some." she said thoughtfully.

I let her examine the book.

"Let's see..." she mused. "Yemiyan's not supposed to be too difficult once you get the hang of it...."

She poured over it for a minute, muttering things, and finally said "It says: 'The book of Prophecies'" She frowned. "Prophecies are unreliable. My Master says so, your Master says so, the Council says so..."

"But I don't say so."

The pile of books completely forgotten, I sat down and opened the book to the middle pages. One of them was falling out. I desperately wanted to read it, but it too was written in Yemiyan.

"Tahl, could you read this?"

She took one glance. "No! That's too difficult. You'd need a proper expert for that."

"Maybe your Master?"

"You think she'd care about these things? I doubt it."

"Can you give it a go?" I asked. Then I added. "Sorry. I know I'm being unreasonable, but..."

"Not unreasonable. Just silly." She shook her head and sat next to me. "Right. Master told me to rely on the Force whenver I have trouble with an exercise. Maybe I ought to do that."

She concentrated on the page. "First word is almost definately 'Life'"

We were there for a while.

"'Life will become a painless death' is the first line."

Almost an hour passed. Tahl sent me off to find a datapad about the Yemiyan language, and somehow we managed to get through the first two verses.

Life will become a painless death
    Love will become a blinding hate
    Without dark there is no

13. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    The sixteenth part, early!

Making
    16. Efficient

28th day, 4th month, standard year 24934

This morning, I found myself picking up my comlink and calling Tahl.

"What is it?"

"You know what we found in that book?"

"Wha-oh, that. Why would you...ah." I had the feeling she was shaking her head. "You think the prophecy involves you in some way!"

Arghh! She's good at figuring things out- good at finding out things I wouldn't tell her!

"Well, I...I just think there's something more to it...."

"Typical male- spectacularly arrogant."

"Look, Tahl...I was just wondering if we could go back to the library and try to work out the rest of the verses."

"What makes you think I'd want to?"

"Please?"

"Well, it's not like I had anything better to do anyway."

So we hurried to the Archives, and went straight to the place where we thought the books had been. They weren't there.

"Maybe they've moved them somewhere else?"

So we started looking, poking about...and we practically crashed into to one of the other Archivists. Her name is Lewuli, and she is very short- I tower over her- but she could strike fear into the heart of a Sith Lord. The girl- the blonde one we saw yesterday- was standing behind her, and gave us one of those 'We are Archivists. FEAR US!" looks.

"Um, excuse me," I said. "But could you show us where the books are?"

Lewuli looked at us and shook her head, probably thinking what stupid kids we were. "The books...we threw them all out." she said. "Books are out of date...datapads are used now, they're far more efficent. Besides, those books took up space." She nodded curtly and turned away. The girl said to Tahl "If you want to try and look for them, you could try raiding the bins..." Then Lewuli called her away.

"I just realised- I know that girl." Tahl mused. "Jocasta. She and Nela used to be good friends...."

"They threw the books away?" I said, dumbstruck. "But that's....I mean...now how are we.....?"

"There's nothing we can do about it." Tahl said. "Come on,"

We stayed in the library and did some studying.

"Do you suppose they knew....that one of those books had a prophecey?"

"Well, Qui-Gon, not everyone has their head in the clouds like you." she said, half teaseingly. "There's only a few prophecies that the Council takes seriously, and I don't think they're very reliable, either."

"But...."

"What do you want with propheceies anyway? In meditation, you're the one who's always muttering to himself 'focus on the moment, don't think about the past, don't think about the future...."

"Well..."

I want to find the Temple bins (has anyone ever seen the bins?) but I don't think Master will let me.

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I'll help you look through the bins, I want to know the rest of that prophesy. 7
    thanks for the PM :)

15. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    jedi7-You'll get to learn the rest of it soon enough. :)

Making
    17. Nature's Fury

5th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

Master burst into my room, saying urgently 'Hurry and get dressed. The Council's called us."

I didn't understand why, as we'd just returned from a mission,but before I knew it, we were standing before the Council, who informed us there had been an earthquake on some planet called Kidia, and we were being sent there, along with other teams of Jedi.

Then before I knew it, we were on the ship to Kidia, with Somti and Plo.

Plo is another friend...he's not a best friend, but I know him and like him a lot.

I don't want to write what happened today...I'll write tomorrow. Or even better, I'll write when all this is over.

6th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

We're leaving tomorrow- and more happened today that I didn't want to talk about, but I knew that if I didn't write it down now I never would:

Master told me and Somti to take the east side of the ruined city. We went.

"Watch out for aftershocks." Somti's Master called.

(Yes, I forgot to mention...he was chosen! And it wasn't by Master Mapru. He was chosen by a Twei'lek Master....I can't remember her name, but I do remember she trained Nela's sister)

"Check for survivors. Take them to the med-center." added my Master. "Leave any dead."

We took food and medical supplies, and went to do what we were told.

Somti found her first.

A little girl, trapped under the rubble. She was no more than eight. Her eyes were closed but she was breathing, and as we worked to free her she opened her eyes and said:

"Thirsty."

I gave her some water, and once she was free she collapsed in Somti's arms.

"What are you?" she stammered at him.

Somti grinned at her. "I'm a Teevan."

"Never seen nothing like you...." She herself was a Human, with very dirty red-blondish hair. I used the Force, checking to see if there were any internal injuries. There weren't. And she looked fine, too. But she was covered in dirt, and then I saw cuts all along her arms and legs...I noticed a deep one on her shoulder, and started to clean it.

"Listen," Somti said gently. "Do you know where your parents are....?"

She scowled. "Always get asked that. Don't have no parents."

Me and Somti exchanged a look.

"I ran away from my aunt," she explained calmly. "Came here to find my brother."

We exchanged another look. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Kini."

"Kini," I told her gently. "you'd better come with us. You need food and water and you might need a healer to see you, too..."

"I'm not hungry," she said. "An' I'm not thirsty anymore. Can you help me find my brother?"

I was completely bemused. I suspect Somti was too.

"Do you know where your brother is?" I asked.

"No."

"We'll look for him. We promise," Somti said firmly. I nodded.

"Come on, we'll take you to the nearest med-center..."

I took her, and Somti stayed behind to sort through the rubble and see what he could find. Before I left her safely with the Healers, she turned to me and said.

"My brother's called Alex. He might not be here anymore. I wanta find him." She looked miserable all of a sudden. "He was the one who sent me to my aunt. He told me something happened and I had to find him."

Alex!

The same Alex? Alixen's brother?

I didn't know, but I found myself opening my mouth anyway.

"I'll find him for you." I said. "Promise."

As for things I don't want to talk about...oh, there were plenty. We didn't find nearly as many survivors as everyone had hoped. We found other children, other people...at least half of them, we discovered, died at the med-centres. And some died barely seconds after we'd dug them out.

I was crying when I got back to my Master. I tried to hide it. To my surprise, he shook his head sympathetically. There has been just one other mission where I saw people...killed. (it was

16. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Making
    18. Good Luck

7th day, 5th month, standard year 29434

To Alex,

Tahl managed to track you down. Well, she tried, but neither of us can be sure that this letter will reach you.

Just a few days ago, we were rescuing survivors of an earthquake on a planet called Kidia. Do you know it? Because me and one of my friends found a little girl. Her name was Kini. She said she was looking for her brother...her brother called Alex.

I don't know if it was you who she's looking for, but I think it is. She's still on Kidia. She's safe, and unharmed by the earthquake.

Good luck, Alex

--Qui-Gon and Tahl

8th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

He hasn't replied...

9th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

Impatience is a weakness....

17. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Making
    19. Circles

10th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

It was Tahl's birthday today.

I was up all night worrying! Well, first I was worrying about the letter we sent Alex, and then I was worrying about whether my present for Tahl would be good enough.

I'd worked hard at it....it was another stone. I'd have really liked to go all the way to Alderaan or Rutan to get a real one, but I couldn't. I bought it from a shop which sells stones from all over the galaxy. The one I chose is from Naboo. It's a light purple - her favourite colour. I spent hours with a knife carving it into a perfect circle shape. When I'd finished it was a lot smaller than it had previously been. So small that the only writing I could fit on it was 'To T. From Q.'.

I found her in the Room Of A Thousand Fountains. Next to the biggest waterfall, where Nela and her sister Vell were swimming.

"Happy birthday!" I called, and handed her the stone before I got a chance to change my mind.

It looked even smaller in the palm of her hand. When she looked up she was beaming.

"It's beautiful!"

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"It must have taken you ages!"

"I wanted it to be a circle," I explained. "Because circles last forever."

"Like us," she said.

"Yes, like us."

There was a slight noise behind us. We turned to see Master Mapru.

He examined the stone in Tahl's hand. "Very nice," he said, nodding at me. "Perhaps you should put as much effort into other things as you did into that."

I reddened and turned away.

"Material pocessions shouldn't be allowed." he said, his eyes in the back of my neck. "They are distracting and unessacary."

I knew it wasn't a good idea to start disagreeing with him. What was he doing here anyway?

"I'm looking for a friend of yours," he said coldly. "Binn Ibes."

"You're not taking him as Padawan, are you?" Tahl asked, and then realised saying that had been a mistake.

"That's none of your business, young apprentice," he said venomously, and went on his way.

I know who he reminds me of. He reminds me of that man in the Ilum caves. The one who asked me if I knew what I was going to do...who said I killed them.

18. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Making
    20. Only Time Will Tell

12th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

Master stuck his head round my door and said 'Padawan, would you do me a favor? Take this down to the bins."

It was a waste-paper bin, loaded to the brim with crumpled paper. When he's not on a mission and has no jobs to do, he likes to write. There's another reason why his room is so messy, I guess. (And I suppose he's rubbing off on me, because my room's a complete tip. If Yoda saw it...). He writes poetry, mostly. Once I was in his room, and saw it lying about. He's really good at it.

Part heaven; part hell
    It's true what they say: only time will tell

That was my favourite....and there were plenty more. I wonder if he minded me seeing them? I really, really hope not...I didn't actually mean to see them....

But anyway, I asked where the bins were. He sighed and said. "So. You know your katas, you know the history of the Jedi, you know how to deflect blaster shots, and yet you don't know the layout of the Temple." He gave me detailed directions and I went. The bins are massive. Well, I suppose they must be, to have to hold the waste of a whole Temple. I dropped the rubbish in one of them....the one marked 'Paper' and found something on the floor next to it.

The torn page of the book I found.

After lunch I went to Tahl and Thea's quarters. I told Tahl what was going on....and then I asked Master Thea if she could tell us what was on the paper. Tahl said it was for a 'very important thing' concerning some mission Clee was going on. She's such a liar!

"Here," Tahl says. "Master, please tell us what this means." She pointed to the paragraph we didn't have time to translate in the library.

Thea sighed and scanned it, muttering things to herself. "I may not have got it exactly right, but I believe it says 'Two sons of fallen ones, to guide and save the light. Two daughters of the universe-bright stars in the dark night. One to choose the future...the choice of light or love.

"Seek the answer in the first betrayal.
    "

She handed it back to me. "Where did you find this?"

"The library."

She raised an eyebrow. "I don't think you two should get any ideas...these things are often nothing more than the delusions of madmen."

She walked into her own room, and I turned to Tahl.

"I think you believe in this, don't you?"

"Not much. I'm just curious."

Yeah right!

Of course it means something...I'm just so sure. I thought of showing it to my Master. Maybe I willl....maybe I won't. He doesn't strike me as the type to take interest in prophecies.

I really don't know much about him, do I?

19. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Making
    21. Amiri

18th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

Mapru didn't take Binn as an apprentice. He took Dilan instead. Nela told me about it today.

"They deserve each other!" I said.

"I know!" She smirked. "He's such a brat. They all are...Dilan and Savus and Vulna. Why don't they get thrown out?"

Vulna is a new 'sidekick' of Dilan's....he's younger than Dilan or Savus, and I bet he'd be a brilliant Jedi if he hadn't fallen in with them.

I feel sick....where's my Master? He should be back by now...

19th day, 5th monh, standard year 24934

In bed, and think I'm about to throw up.

I got a virus of some kind! Master thinks it's probably something some friend brought back from a mission....that happens a lot, actually. Just not often to me!

And just to top it off, Master's been called away on a solo mission! And it's supposed to be a dangerous sort of mission! I wanted to come! Even if I was sick! It isn't fair!

I think I'm going to be sick again, so I'd better put this down. I don't want to throw up on it.

I fell asleep. Master put his hand on my shoulder to wake me up and when I looked up there was a woman standing with him. She was very pretty....human with blonde hair. She gave me a slightly timid smile and I liked her instantly....she seemed to radiate warmth. She was wearing a purple decoration in her hair, and while she wasn't thin like Tahl or Clee, she wasn't fat either.

"Padawan, this is Amiri," Master said. "A Padawan of Della Luthin."

I knew about Master Della....she was a good friend of Yoda's. She might have been a Padawan of his, I can't remember. She was kind, a great teacher, and very tall. She's one of the only people who ever called me short.

"She'll be looking after you while I'm away," Master said. "I shan't be long, Padawan, so you won't have to put up with her for long." He grinned at her.

For just one split second I felt jealous...he so rarely grinned at me. and I think he must have sensed it....because he leaned over and grinned at me too.

"Be nice to her, Qui-Gon."

He left, with a wave, and I was left with Amiri. She gave a laugh and sat on my bed (being careful not to sit on me)

"I know you," she said with a smile. "You're friends with Clee Rhara."

"Uh-huh," I said. (I didn't want to talk too much for fear of throwing up on her)

"And the dark-haired girl...Tahl. And you won the lightsabre tourament some time ago...."

I nodded while she talked. She talked a lot! And I talked too.

"I'm from Tatooine," she said. "I was a slave. I lived with my aunt, she was a slave and she was always beaten....I was never beaten. Too valuable." Her face hardened. When she was angry she looked even prettier.

"I used to dream about freeing slaves," she said thoughtfully. "I still do."

"I'll free them for you," I suggested, and then felt STUPID beyond belief.

She must have thought I was stupid too. She giggled. "I don't doubt you will. But I fear you'll find....like me....that there's other things you should be doing."

She slept in Master's quarters for the night. She snores!

20. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Making
    22. Thank You

21st day, 5th month, standard year 24934

I'm better now. I was sick all day yesterday. Amiri made food...she's a really good cook. She talked about my Master.

"He may look cold and uncaring....trust me, that's what I thought he was like. But I couldn't have been more wrong."

"Yes," I said. "He seems different around you...."

"He's like that." she said with a shrug. "We're like brother and sister."

"How come he never told me about you?"

"Oh., I don't know...he likes keeping secrets. Can't help it. Daft man."

23rd day, 5th month, standasrd year 24934

Amiri left today. Ran out giggling after a mock arguement with my Master.

They remind me a lot of me and Tahl....Maybe it should've been Amiri who took Tahl as Padawan. They'd get on so much better then Tahl and Thea.

24th day, 5th month, standard year 24934

Alex still hasn't sent any reply. I'm not sure he's going to. I just really hope he does.

2nd day, 6th month, standard year 24934

He wrote back!

Dear Qui-Gon and Tahl

Kini is safe with me. We're both going away, somewhere where there will be no earthquakes or tyrants looking to kill us. Our mother is dead now- we're all the family that's left. I thought I was the only one. I was so relived to know I wasn't.
    Thank you.

--Alex.

21. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Making
    23. The Living Force

19th day, 6th month, standard year 24934

Yesterday I thought I was going to lose this journal.

You know one thing I don't like...maybe even hate myself for? I'm never, ever worried about my Master. Even when we're in the heat of battle, like we were yesterday, I just wasn't afraid for him. I was more afraid for this journal. Can you believe that?

I can't understand why. Maybe because I've never seen him hurt that badly...he's such a brilliant fighter he never seems to pick up more than a scratch. Me, on the other hand....

Just to make it worse, at the end of the mission, when the King and his children were safe and so were me and my Master....Master put his arm around me and said. "Well done, Padawan. You know, loyality and devotion like yours is hard to find these days," He looked so proud. It made me wonder what I'd done. "Ah, my Padawan...we can and will change the galaxy!"

He has funny moments like that. Moments where he'll say something like that...."We CAN and WILL change the GALAXY!"
    and as he said it he steered me over to the window and stood there with one hand on my shoulder and the other spread out as if singing in a opera.

Maybe it as something to do with Yoda and all his talk of no emotions. Or as my Master says it, No Emotion.

You know what I suddenly thought of? The Code says so much about hating. But it never says anything about hating yourself.

30th day, 6th month, standard year 24934

Vulna beat Tahl in a lightsabre duel....and taunted her so much about it and Master Thea's disappointment in her that she was nearly in tears.

The Masters must know about things like this...so why don't they do anything about it?

34th day, 7th month, standard year 24934

Today, for no real reason, I went up to the highest level, onto a balconey, and climbed up the highest tower right onto the roof. And I wasn't afraid. So my eyes were closed for the last few steps or so, but that doesn't mean a thing!

I got up to the very top and opened my eyes. The world and the people and millions of adventures stretched out before me. It was so amazing I forgot to be afraid.

There were ships not too far below me- I felt like I could jump onto one and it would take me wherever I wanted to go. The wind was in my hair, and the air for once smelt of something other than metal and glass. If I wasn't in danger of falling to my death, it would be the perfect place to meditate.

Then I heard Tahl yelling, and that startled me out of it. What was I doing!? I could have died!

(Actually, that's more or less what she was yelling....'Get DOWN from there, you IDIOT! You're going to FALL to your DEATH!" )

I swallowed and started to climb down slowly, using the Force. When I was safely in front of her, I saw she looked livid.

"Qui-Gon Jinn, what did you think you were doing?! That was so stupid...no-one ever done anything like that before....if your Master saw...."

I felt guilty all of a sudden. "I'm sorry," I said.

"You could have DIED!"

She sounded so much like a mother or a big sister that I almost laughed, but I bit it back just in time. "Honestly. I'm sorry I scared you." I'd be pretty scared if it was her doing something dumb.

"Hmmmm." She slipped her hand into mine. "Please don't do that again."

"I won't."

We walked back to the window, hurrying so no-one would notice we were gone. "Why in the world did you do that anyway? What was up there?"

"The Living Force," I said. "People say there's not much of it on Coruscant."

"Oh, I see." I don't know if she actually did. Perhaps. She understands me more than most people. "But you shouldn't have done that. It's dangerous at the best of times, but there's a storm coming, too..."

22. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed in so long!!! :_|

Then I heard Tahl yelling, and that startled me out of it. What was I doing!? I could have died!

(Actually, that's more or less what she was yelling....'Get DOWN from there, you IDIOT! You're going to FALL to your DEATH!" )

[face_laugh] You know what that whole scene reminded me of? Christian (Moulin Rouge) climbing on top of the elephant, and Satine (Tahl) screaming at him to get down. :D Awesome post, Sarah!!

23. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    I just caught up with this story, and I love it. Plz add me to the pm update list :D

24. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Jess: Thanks! Ooh...Moulin Rouge! I love that movie!

DarthSon: Ooh, a new reader *cackles* Thanks for reading!

Making
    24. Be Strong

7th day, 8th month, standard year 24934

When I woke up I knew something was different or wrong somehow. I had to flick back through the journal before I worked out what.

One year ago my Master died.

I meditated. I was hoping, just hoping, that I'd hear him, maybe even see him...it's not unheard of for things like that to happen, even if everyone says it's only in imaginations that dead people are heard. But imagination or not, I just wanted to hear him...

I didn't. I didn't tell my Master that was why I meditated so long. I went to my room and lit a candle, and then went to the star-map room. I found myself looking at Avino for ages.

8th day, 8th month, standard year 24934

This is going to take some explaining.

I went to lightsabre class...According to Tahl, Dilan and Vulna were teasing her and I tried to stop them and that led to me and Dilan having a fight. (Master Kiloxan-our lightsabre teacher- isn't impressed, was another thing she said). And Dilan knocked me out, apparently. I woke up in the healer's.

I was tired but they all said I could go if I wanted, so I went, and I went down the corridor and I passed the star-map room, and in my mind I saw Avino. I saw a woman clutching a child. I saw devastation.

I saw my Master- I suppose I got my wish to hear or see him again after all-holding a bright red lightsabre, and I saw him in a furious rage, murdering and destroying...and it seemed like a nightmare I couldn't wake from, and it had to be a wide-awake nightmare, it had to be...

It isn't, is it?

Force, it isn't.

It's night time. The thunderstorm Tahl mentioned was raging all day.

After what happened I went straight to Tahl. She listened, probably at first thinking I had lost it, and then slowly I saw horror come into her eyes.

"A red blade," she mused urgently. "That means that blade has been used to kill in anger or cruelty or revenge....Gods...are you completely sure about this?"

"Yes," I said, feeling sick and anxious. The feelings that I felt on Avino, they were coming back with twice their power.

"Maybe I should..." For some reason I thought she was about to turn and abandon me. She didn't.

She tried again. "Do you think...."

"Something's going on," I said. I hoped I wouldn't throw up. Have you noticed I do that a lot? I probably have a weak stomach or something. "You're really good at research, Tahl. I want....I want to know what's happening...what happened on Avino." And then I remembered my Master, desperation all over him, saying to me "Be strong, my little one." and walking away...

...walking away from me...

...walking away to die...

I wanted to take back the words I'd just said, but nothing would let me. And Tahl nodded. "I'll do my best...."

It's now six hours later. Night-time. Tahl called. "I've found something out. Do you know any people called Mynarta and Ranleo...Mynarta and Ranleo Karshan?"

My heart sank and I whispered "No."

"You'd better sleep. I'll see you in the morning, alright?" She sounded like she'd do anything to not have to tell me what she was going to have to tell me.

Obviously, I'm not asleep.

25. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Great post! I can't wait to see where you take this story next :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.