main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Green Stone Trilogy I: Making -young Qui's journal-Aaaand this is just never going to end.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Oh that was sad. :( Good job, though. Awesome chapter!

2. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    Another interesting and well-written chapter. Great job! Savus' death was sad, but it was comforting to see that he died an honorable death, fighting to protect an innocent child. All Jedi would do well to follow his example.

On a related note, the idea of someone sacrificing himself in order to save someone else (Anakin and Obi-Wan, for example), is one of the many special themes that I enjoy seeing in Star Wars. It never gets old, seeing someone lay down his life in order to bring about a greater good.

Again, great job!

3. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Here's some more. :)

Jess: Thanks!

RKMeibalane: Thanks! And that theme will probably come up again in this story. :)

Making
    32. Through The Fire

2nd day, 4th month, standard year 24935

Tahl got to choose a name for the little girl. Savus had just died, we were standing there...just standing there...and Vione turned to Tahl and said quietly, "Tahl, you may chose a new name for the child." Tahl had tears running down her face...and she said, glancing from me to Thea to Savus "I name her Sav-Mu Moonshadow." Vione nodded and took the little girl from Tahl, and two others took Savus...Savus's body...and Thea suddenly just flung her arms around Tahl. Just like that. It was the
    strangest thing.

Master did not hug me. But when we got back to our quarters (they looked different. No, felt different. The whole Temple did.) he sort of nodded his head...or maybe shook his head...at me, and said

"Should you want me, Padawan....want to talk, want to meditate...you know where to find me."

I nodded. He gave a brief smile and walked off.

I wished he hadn't smiled. Even if the smile was for me.

3rd day, 4th month, standard year 24935

I found myself going to the crehe. Tahl wasn't there. It was just me. I knocked on the door, and when there was no answer I opened it anyway. Kezi was sitting in a corner, looking like she'd just been crying. But when she saw me she looked up.
    "Oh!" she said. "Qui-Gon! I didn't see you or hear you...I...I mean..." She looked embarassed, and I felt incredibly guilty for just coming in.
    "I'm sorry," I said, in a voice that sounded more miserable then I'd guessed it would sound. "I...just came in here to say..."
    I trailed off. I had no idea how she'd react. "To say...I know Savus loved you. Loves you."
    She didn't say a word and I was terrifed. When she finally moved it was to hug me.
    "Thank you," she said. "Thank you."

So I'd said it. I did something right. When I left the crehe, I noticed something carved on the door. It was written in a different language, but I still recognized it.

There are many great things in this world
    We know them from the first days of our lives
    But the greatest one is life and love.

I wondered why I hadn't noticed it before.

4th day, 4th month, standard year 24935

Today was the funeral. It was awful Just...awful. Tahl sat next to me, and would keep grasping my hand, letting go, and grasping it again. And opposite us were Dilan and Vulna, with my Master sitting behind them...keeping an eye on Dilan maybe. I could see them through the fire. See Dilan's angry eyes.

I wish I'd been Savus's friend, not his enemy! Understood him better and not labelled him a bully. And Tahl feels the same way...she told me, but even if she hadn't I'd have known.

Tahl was very quiet after the funeral.

4. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    People can really surprise you sometimes, and Sevus did just that. Can't wait for the next post.

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon and Tahl. They must feel so guilty that they couldn't have known Savus better. That was great, though I feel bad for the two. :(

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Indeed, people continue to surprise you. Even if they appear to be bullies and nothing more

Great addition!

7. darth_jurious

darth_jurious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2003
    Hi there! I've reviewed over at Fanfic.Net, but thought I'd drop by here, too - I'm really loving this fic and I can't wait until you update it! There's something so intriguing about Jinn & Dooku's partnership...I haven't quite worked it out yet, and I can see allusions to the future in this story for both of them. Tahl is an interesting character - I like her a lot, very independant and fiery, yet so likable! And I like how all the Padawans hang around in the room with the Fountains (what a great place that must be!).

I don't know whether it's just me, but I get a kinda 'Harry-Potter-ish' feel from the way the Padawans have various cool classes (Lightsabre class? Yes please! :D), and hang around with one another, and even have their gang of identified bullies. It's great; everyone wants to know what it's like to be a Padawan Learner.

Again, great stuff, and please continue soon! I want to see how things go for Qui-Gon after this tragedy, and I'm sure there's something about Dooku that we don't yet know...he's hiding something (but he is enigma personified!). :p Heh.

MTFBWY! - Jurious

8. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    DarthSon: Here's the next post then! :)

Jess: Thanks! And I feel bad for them too. :(

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Thanks!

darth_jurious: Hi! *waves* I'm glad you like the story! Dooku's sort of hiding something....well, he has something in his past that's bugging him. [face_mischief] And Harry Potter-ish? Cool! I love HP. :D Thanks for reading, and may the Force be with you too. :)

P.S: Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm going to act like Lockhart for a second...I really, really like the story about his name that Dooku tells Qui. When I'd finished it I was like: 'I did that?' 8-}.

Making
    33. Shell And Stone

6th day, 4th month, standard year 24935

I heard Vulna crying. I expect he thought nobody heard.

7th day, 4th month, standard year 24935

All of today, we were on Ragoon-6. We were tracking Ight, one of the older Jedi, through the planet...we could rely only on the Force and each other. And we got him! So easily! In just eight hours! He was very impressed!

Master's excellent at tracking. He actually did most of the work....I got us lost. Several (hundred) times. He said I did well, though. I suppose I'd better believe him. He's a honest man. If he thinks something, he will tell you, he won't tell white lies. If he thinks you've done something wrong, he'll say so. I like that about him.

Today really was a fantastic day. We sat on the hill where our ship was parked and we talked for hours.

"Do you know what you're named for?" was one of the things he asked me, after many moments of thought.
    "No." I said, hoping this would lead to a story or something. I'm really a bit too old for stories, but he's so good at telling them. I bet if he wasn't a Jedi he'd be a famous writer.
    "You're named for a man in a legend," he began. "He pocessed magical powers- powers to grant wishes. He was bound by magic to grant any wishes people had. But there were things he couldn't do....he couldn't play with people's hearts and make them hate or love. And he couldn't make someone die, or bring them back from death.

"Because of his powers, he was loved by all....and time passed. Time passed and the people of the planet became more corrupt and greedy. They desired other things- if they desired the man to kill he would have to kill -kill people who he cared about. Destroy lives and families. Often, when people relised he could save no-one from death, or make one they loved love them in return, they would curse him. People who he loved would die because he couldn't save them. He would be forced to betray others he loved. Furthermore, he was immortal- could never die naturally. He was weary of the hatred and the destrution. So finally, his last remaining friend made a magic potion to let him die."
    "And what happened?"
    "Well, he died, didn't he?"
    Oh," I said, and sat in silence.
    "As for your first name, Qui-Gon.," he continued. "it means 'life after death'. And my full name-Kanak Dooku-means 'truth potion.' Or, sometimes it is translated as 'truth poison.'"
    "How do you know all this?" I asked him.
    "Amiri left on a mission this morning. She gave me my birthday present early."
    "Was it a book of names?"
    "Correct. Not every name in the galaxy, obviously-but your name and mine was in it. So was Amiri's."
    "Oh, so what did her's mean?"
    "Her name means 'sparkle.'. I think it fits her rather well. Pity, really-I was hoping her name would mean something awful, so I could tease her."
    I grinned. He put his arm around me.
    "Hmmm...what about Tahl? What does her name mean?"
    "Her name means 'butterfly.'"
    "I'll tell her that. She'll be pleased."
    "Mmmmm."
    We stayed there until the sun set, talking. We talked a lot. He talked about being Padawan to Yoda, 'how emotionless that
    little troll is'
    , my talent with a lightsabre and how Vulna and Amiri were coping with Savus's death. 'Vulna will recover. Amiri cares about him'. I talked about Tahl, about the time we played truth or dare

9. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Hey, that was nice! :) I liked your bit about the names - you've got a right to be proud of that. I heard Christopher Lee mention once that the word 'doku' in Japanese, or something, means poison, which is intriguing. :D My real name's 'Grace' so that's kinda obvious in meaning...I wish my name was more cryptic! LOL :p

Good work!

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    nice thing with the names there. as well as an overall great post. My name is Kaitlyn and it ties in with the translation for Catherine. Apparently it's been mistranslated as 'pure' when it really is derived from the goddess hecate who was assisated with the underworld.

Intresting....meh, explains many things lol.

More soon!!

11. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    I liked this chapter. That was interesting how you included the information about their names. Just out of curiosity, are you planning to work these meanings into events that take place later in the story? What I mean is, will we see the characters act in manner consistent with the meanings of their names?

12. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Jurious: Yeah, I remembered about the name meaning poison. :) Grace? That's a nice name (it's actually the name of a non-SW story character of mine too :) ), although I don't think I'd like to have it myself as I trip over my feet and walk into things several times a day. :D. Thanks for reading...and on ff.net too!

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: :D Thanks!

RKMeibalane: Thanks! And maybe...:)

Making
    34. This Is Getting To Be A Habit

6th day, 5th month, standard year 24935

I'm hurting all over...

We were on the way back from another mission, me and my Master. Then Master got a call from the Council, telling us two Jedi were being held prisoner on Greya, and we were being sent to rescue them.

"Be sure to watch yourself, Padawan," Master commanded as we landed and hurried away from our ship. He led me to the two other Jedi sent by the Council, Master Cilia and her new Padawan, Adi. Adi's around my age, but she doesn't like me much because once we were paired up in languages class and I accidently called her a very rude name in Keydoian. It was an accident.

Me and Adi followed our Masters to where the Jedi were being held, suprised the guards and knocked them both out, and started cutting through the door.

It seemed almost too easy...

The door was nearly cut through all the way, when a blaster bolt pinged through the air, heading for Adi. She deflected it just in time, with a gasp.

People hiding in the trees were shooting at us! While my Master cut through the door, Cilia and Adi and me started deflecting shots like crazy...and as my Master pulled two unconcious bodies out of the prison and Cilia, who's a Master of healing, hurried to help him, three shots were fired at me. Adi got one, I got one, but we both missed the other and it hit me on the shoulder. It knocked me right over and as I fell another one got me in the leg. Master flew into action, and protected me, while Cilia, with some difficulty, levitated both the injured Knights and started moving away towards our ship.

Master helped me to my feet as Adi deflected shots like crazy. She was very good.
    "Can you manage Force Speed?" Master asked me.
    "I don't think so...no."
    There was a yell from inside a bush and a man fell out clutching a gun. He was dead.
    "There's still more of them," Adi called.
    Master pulled out his 'sabre and started running, holding me at the same time. We all got back to the ship safetly, and both of the captured Knights were safe. I knew their names very vaguely...Emlam Fors and her Padawan Stayan.
    Master took me to the Healer's the split second we got back...and hovered around rather worried. Bethil, one of the Healers,
    saw me and grinned.
    "Oh no, not you again," she said brightly, and started examining the wound on my shoulder. "Hmmm. Nasty."

Bethil is one of the younger Healers. I don't know her very well, but apparently she and Amiri are friends. (Amiri is friends with everyone. I've always liked that about her.)

"And your leg. I think you were lucky there."

While she dressed my wounds, Adi came in with my Master.

"Are you all right?" she asked. When I nodded, she gave a brief smile and hurried away. Master, however, came to sit with me.
    "I'm very thankful you're all right," he said seriously. "I had a bad feeling about that little detour from the word go. A very bad feeling. Thankfully it seemed the Force was just playing a trick on me."
    "Are Emlam and Stayan both alright?" I asked.
    "I hear they'll both make a full recovery." he said with a smile, and left and room to talk to Cilia.

7th day, 5th month, standard year 24935

Tahl came to talk to me. The first thing she said was "This is getting to be a habit."

"Hello, Tahl," was my answer.

"How are you?"

"I'll live.."

"Oh. Good. Hey, guess what...."

And at that moment Vulna came in. He's quite short...he always did look younger than he actually was. And he looked a bit miserable, too.

"Hi, Qui," he s

13. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    Adi's around my age, but she doesn't like me much because once we were paired up in languages class and I accidently called her a very rude name in Keydoian. It was an accident.

LOL - bless him! :D I loved this chapter because it just showed so much of Qui-Gon's innocent side, and his reoccuring clumsiness...poor fella! Though I think those shot wounds were more 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time' kind of thing than atual clumsiness.

I think he and Dooku are getting closer - they seem more tightly knit now than they used to be. :D Especially seeing as they 'plot' (in a humorous sense) against each other behind their backs (the Qui photo was too cruel...we all know peeps who'd do stuff like that to embarass us!). And I like how Dooku constantly has a messy room...you just wouldn't think it!

Great work, as usual! :)

14. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Adi's around my age, but she doesn't like me much because once we were paired up in languages class and I accidently called her a very rude name in Keydoian. It was an accident.

*laughs* I liked this chapter a lot. I love seeing young Qui. He's so much like Obi-Wan, its amazing. He and Dooku are getting better at the Master/Padawan thing, that's good. And the picture frame bit was funny. [face_laugh] Great addition, I like this Qui.

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    lol, at the Adi comment. Great update, and at that picture of Qui sleeping was funny. I love the way that you're showing Dooku in this fic. He really was a nice guy!

16. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Jurious: :D I like his messy room too. And thanks!

Jess: Thanks! I like him too. :D

Arwen: yeah, he was...:( Thanks for replying!

Look what I did! ;) A poster! Took me literally hours, but I quite like it. ^_^ The guy next to Dooku is older Vulna, BTW, and the girl, as you may have guessed, is Tahl...

Making
    Battle Plans and Prophecies

10th day, 6th month, standard year 24935

Things around here have been a bit uneventful as of late. Not that I want them to be eventful...not really, now.

Today was Binn's birthday, though. Binn fancies himself as a comedian. He amuses girls with silly stunts and I know for a fact he's got some books of very rude jokes under his bed...the sort of thing people like Master Mapru (and Yoda) would be very displeased about if they knew.

Oh, and he's a 'ladies' man' as well. Nela thinks he's very amusing, and Clee...well, he's very fond of Clee, but I'm not sure what she thinks of him. She hasn't hit him round the face, though. Tahl says she ought to.

I nearly forgot his birthday. (He probably wouldn't have minded, though, as he's always forgetting mine.) I had to ask Master if he had anything I could give as a present-something not covered in coffee or dust or unrecognizable slime. He finally pulled out a notebook from under a pile of paper, and handed it to me. I think Binn liked it, although I doubt he'll actually use it. Clee got him some chocos, and he insisted on sharing them with her. I don't think she even likes chocos, but she ate half of them to make him happy. (Or to shut him up.)

When I returned to our quarters, Master was making plans to tidy his room. (Yep. Battle plans. You'll need one to get the insects out of there.)

"Ah, good. You're back. Perhaps you'd like to help?"

I didn't, but decided not to let him down. The rest of my day...well, practically...was spent shovelling things to and from the
    bins. He kept giving me things to throw away that he later changed this mind about and sent me to rummage about in the bins to find. Huh.

4th day, shelova week, standard year 24935

Rummaging about in the bins made me remember something. That prophecy. I don't know why I'm musing about it....I just am. Maybe because there's nothing else to do. We haven't been sent on any missions, and I've been studying and working...I'm two katas ahead of Tahl.

I did ask Master once if he believed in prophecies. He said 'sometimes'. Which doesn't tell me much.

Life will become a painless death
    Love will become a blinding hate ...

I've thought about that many times...can't come up with anything. And the rest of it is even worse...even more confusing...

34th day, 7th month, standard year 24935

This time last year I climbed the tower. I wish I could do it again this year, but Master's been keeping me busy all week. He's
    incredibly frustrated with us being kept here for around three months...he keeps muttering stuff like 'Why can't someone blow up a planet or something?'. (He doesn't mean it.) In an attempt to work off his annoyance, he's been giving me lightsabre duelling classes...on top of the ones I have already, that is. I fall asleep each night with all my bones aching. Master has claimed that before we're finally sent on another mission I'll be able to beat him in a duel.

Well, I don't know about that.

Tahl said she would climb the tower this year. Somehow I doubt it. She hates heights.

17. darth_jurious

Mar 18, 2003
    OMG! The Great Room Tidy! ;) Heh - wouldn't want to have been in poor Qui's shoes then! But it's about time Dooku decided to attempt to clear up his mess. LOL - very amusing!

And that piccie you did was great! I need to mess about with my 'Abode Photoshop' a lil more and make some cool images! :D Tres cool!

More please!
    ~Jurious (or call me Grace if you like, I don't mind... :))

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Nice job once again! More soon!

19. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Grace:: Thanks! Glad you liked the poster!

Arwen: Thank you! :)

Making
    36. No-One Is

35th day, 7th month, standard year 24935

If you can believe it, today we spent almost an entire day playing video games. Binn has a friend called Miro Daroon and he's excellent with technical things. So today, they both lead us ...me, Tahl, Clee, Plo and Mace...to a room I've never seen before that is packed full of computers.

"What're all of these for?" Clee asked.
    "Most of them are old ones. We shouldn't get into too much trouble for using them."
    "Not too much?"
    "Hey," Tahl piped up "What does this button do?"
    "DON'T PUSH THAT!"

And so on. But eventually he got them all connected to the holonet. And we spent a whole day messing about and challenging each other to games. Me and Plo won overall. Tahl came in last. She was most displeased.

7th day, 8th month, standrad yeat 24935

It has been two years since Master Karshan died. One year since I found out exactly what he did.

I didn't light a candle or anything. I wish now that I had...

8th day, 8th month, standard year 24935

Amiri was here today. She found me sitting on the sofa and looking upset. (Well, I was probably looking upset. I was trying not to)

"Are you alright?"
    "Mostly."
    She put her arm around me. "I know what's up with you," She sighed. "Yeah.....Has your oh-so-sensitive-to-others Master worked out what's up with you yet?"
    "Maybe...he's been a bit distant all day."
    "I think he might be annoyed."
    "Why?"
    "Because you're still loyal to your old Master, and he's your Master now."
    For some reason this disturbed me far more than she probably intended.
    "Loyal to him?....but I don't really...he used the Dark Side, I don't even know if I should be loyal to him...."
    Master chose that moment to walk in, much to my relief.
    "Thank you, Amiri, the person who is oh-so-sensitive-to-others is here now."

Sometimes they act like they don't even like each other.

He sat on the other side of me, practically ignoring Amiri. "Padawan, it's not good for you to feel anything towards a man who...who, well, was evidently so weak that he couldn't resist revenge, who killed for no reason but himself..."
    Amiri narrowed her eyes at him. "You make it sound like he was the scourge of the galaxy or something. He wasn't. He just made a bad desision and didn't deserve what he got." she snapped. "He wasn't evil. No-one is."
    "I disagree."
    "I thought you might."
    Sick of being in the middle, I got up and went to my room. Neither of them came to get me. Maybe because they couldn't be bothered or maybe because they did work out that I'd rather be alone.

25th day, 10th month, standrad year 24935

We did get out of the Temple eventually. We went on a mission....a fairly easy one where no-one was hurt, killed, shot or otherwise injured. Which is good because I hate blasters now. (Even though I know how silly that is, I wasn't even all that seriously hurt...). But it was the people on this planet we went to that I want to talk about. It was called Dellacrix I. The mission itself had to do with rigged voting and workers on strike, and one of these people on strike was someone called Tatri. Tatri Koperon. He was a few years older than me, but we sort of became friends. He told me his father had a top-secret job...something to do with prophecies. (I have a feeling he gave more away to me than he was really supposed to). And maybe I shouldn't have, but I told him some of my prophecey. Well....I said 'my' prophecey, but obviously it's not really mine. He pondered and then said: "I dunno. I suppose it's just a Jedi thing. I didn't know you believed in prophecies...d'ya know who wrote it?"
    "No," I said, and realized I ought to find out.
    He shrugged and then bought me several drinks, many of which my Master would not be happy I was drinking.

Oh, and it's Clee's birthday today. I completely forgot about buying

20. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Up. *whistles*

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Another great post!!!

22. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Thanks!

Hey guess what! Thirty-seven chapters in and *then* I write the prologue...go see the first post. :D

Making
    37. What Was And What Will Be

8th day, 1st month, standard year 24935

I know Jedi oughtn't to say things like this, but I...am...so...bored.

Tahl is on a mission to the Outer Rim, Clee is on her journey to Ilum, Master is spending all his time with Amiri...and I have very little to get on with. Some Jedi have pastimes and stuff...Master writes, Tahl does things on the computer, Amiri dances...yes, on her own to her own music, and she's extremely good at it....but I'm not especially good at any of those things. I tried drawing but even my stick people look stupid. And I can't write to save my life.

Listen to me whining....get me out of this Temple!

Master is still nowhere to be seen. Hopefully he won't mind if I go to the star-map room to meet Mace.....

Listen to this....

I met Mace in the star-map room, and he looked a bit irritated. When I asked why, he started muttering about having to spend a whole day working on one of the Council's computers. He's the Padawan of a Council member. I suppose it does have it's disadvantages.
    "I spent a whole day deleting files." he sulked. "I'm hopeless with computers...Miro had to help. D'ya know there's all these prophecies stored on the main computer? Interesting stuff."
    I was suddenly 100% listening.
    "Yeah...we had to delete them all. I don't know why..."
    Trying to keep my voice normal, I asked "Did you run across one that ended with the words 'Seek the answer in the first betrayal'?"
    "I don't know. Maybe..."
    "And it began with 'Life will become a painless death...'" Then I remembered. "Oh yeah. It's written all in Yemiyan."
    "There was one in Yemiyan," he said. "Yes...that was probably the one you're on about. It was written by...by Master Ololian, I think. Master Eridar Ololian."
    "I've...heard of her..."
    "I think everyone has. I would've been surprised if you hadn't....she trained your old Master, didn't she? Karshan?"
    "What?! Er...I mean...what?"
    "I thought you'd know...she trained Karshan." I noticed he'd dropped his voice, as if it was somehow a bad thing to be talking about Master Karshan now. But I was too excited for it to annoy me. I carried on as if we were having a normal conversation.
    "Who trained Ololian then? Was it Yoda?" I remembered hearing that off someone...could've been Vulna.
    "Yeah, it was. And he raised her sort of like a daughter....but she....well, she went all mad and dangerous. He was always wary of new Padawans after that."
    "...he was?"
    "Yes. He was very upset about it...never wanted to get close to a Padawan again..."
    "...he was?"
    "Master Dooku was the last one he ever took..."
    "...he was?...I mean, really?"
    "Yeah...and why are you so interested anyway?"
    I had to think of something fast, but what I did come up with was truly pathetic. "I'm...doing a project on prophecies."
    "Of course you are."
    It works for everyone else.

Master Ololian. Why didn't I think of that?

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Whoa [face_shocked] Perhaps we have some answers coming! More soon!!

24. female_obi_wan

Aug 1, 2002
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Yep. :D

Putting this up just before I go on holiday. ;) See ya all later!

Making

34th day, 1st month, standard year 24935

Master and I were sent on negotiations. They lasted only two days. Master always gets sent on negotiations. He's good at getting people to see his point of view.

3rd day, expansion week, standard year 24935

Today I was wandering down the corridor...I was going to meditiation class. And Dilan was lurking in one of the corridors, no Savus, no Vulna...and he looked at me and sneered. I ignored him, so he just came right right up to me and said "Where's your girlfriend, then?"

"I don't have a girlfriend, thank you."

"Oh yeah, what about that stupid mad little rat, Tahl..."

"She is none of things, and you don't sound in the least like a Jedi," (At the same time as saying this, I was struggling to stop myself from saying some seriously rude things to him)

"You're not much of a Jedi either," he said nastily. "More of a Dark Jedi with a Dark Jedi Master...who died..." he added. My
    breath left me. He smirked. He knew he'd gotten to me. I loathed that smirk.

""Go away, you little-" and I dropped in a few of Tahl's swear words for good measure. I shoved past him...but he whirled round so he was in front of me again.

"And back to you," he hissed. "Your dead Master's rubbed of on you, Jinn....you're dangerous. My Master thinks so. The whole Council thinks so..." And he walked away. I felt like running after him and tackling him to the ground...and maybe taking out my lightsabre and sticking it up his nose...but I knew that wasn't a particularly good idea.

I couldn't concentrate at all in meditation class.

6th day, 3rd month, standard year 24935

My birthday was yesterday. Me and my Master had been on another mission....it was really interesting, as well as other things, because we were on a planet where they have animals, tons and tons of animals...more animals than people..and this girl there, Revayune, showed me everything...on that planet (called Renfron) they have more rare species then any other planet in the galaxy...it was amazing. They have these tiny little things that look like miniture snakes but they're made up of mostly fire...they're called Frenliskas, and they're amazing...quite dangerous too, I think. They had a lot of dangerous things there...Revayune took me out to the ocean, and we had to wear all this protective gear...but we went quite far under and she showed me the sea creatures. There's things like fish that apparently can 'kill thirteen people with a single strike of it's fin' that's called a Ayolata fish...named after someone in Renfron myth who could kill anyone she liked just by touching them. And an amphibious creature that looks like, er, a dinner plate with six legs...it's called a Lohinan Frog and apparently it's really poisonous too...and it's truly vicious and goes for anything near it, whether on land or sea...I was incredibly nervous while we were near that one, but for some reason Revayune didn't seem to mind.

Well, it was really good. And my Master decided we could stay there for my birthday. The people on the planet were very grateful for what we'd done...we'd gotten rid of an immensely rich coperation that was sabotaging communication lines and charging billions for repairs. (And Revayune says that these people were polluting the waters too, and I think she was right, we found a lot of dead stuff) We spent my birthday exploring and looking for animals with Revayune...we found some tiny insects
    called Oticks that are rare even for Renfron (and guess what...they're poisonous). Revayune spent a lot of time telling us all these awful stories about people stung by one or more of these poisonous things and dying in agony...I think she was enjoying scaring my Master.

Master stopped off at a shop and bought me some insect-shaped sweets for my birthday present.

"They're not poisonous, are

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Poor Qui! *hugs* We all know you aren't evil!

More soon and have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.