main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars The Grey Way

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by greyjedi125, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ezzuk
    Return to Turnabout

Returning to one's home is never so amazing an experience as one expects. Carry the food and return, return to a ship resting on it's struts upon the underground landing pad. Not so different from a thousand times before. Enter the pass code and mutter the hissing sibilants in guarded secret that is half nonsense, that without the woman on the other side would get you killed by a spray of acids or plasma bleed off. Nothing really changes. Yet still, when he walked through that door and sealed it behind him, and sealed that remote out as well there was something unmistakable about it all being home. It was not the one he raised in, not a true ship nor base of his home fleet. But it was his and he had rebuilt it with his own hands, and that, that made all the comforting difference.

Walking back he climbed the forward ladder and walked into the small dinning room. Laying the to go box on the table he wearily dropped into a seat. He was not looking forward to what was to come. Then what slave owner ever truly looked forward to freeing a slave? Although to be honest there were only two ways to free a slave among his people, elevation or the stomach, i.e. death. He prayed to hollow emptied places they would succeed in elevating his slave, despite believing nothing of such things to be true.

Then he heard it, his head whipping toward the sound. The pitter patter of bare feet upon the metal floor tiles. As the form came into view his tendrils stilled. "Master! I was worried you might of been killed!"

With a negligent way he dismissed such notions as he took in the green skin with the black scales standing out about the eyes and on the hands. Motes of strength he had always seen them as. "You needn't have worried. They have accepted me and my oddities. They passed my test and I at least am acceptable by theirs." With a motion the box opened and the food was laid bare, its odor filling the small room with it's taste. "They sent food for us. Enjoy." He simply said.

He saw the slaves eyes grow at the sight of it before the slave began to dig into the food. Rending it with small sharp teeth and fingers. "So we shall stay a long time? I might enjoy that." the slave said wistfully around a full mouth of food. A delightful showing.

"Yes. But they have one point against us. I must free you." The sound of choking and coughing by his slave was a surprise even as he took in the spittle splattered food directed down at the table.

"Left-handed idiots or sadists!" the slave spat to which Ezzuk simply chuckled. "When do we leave?"

"We aren't." Watching the vibrancy of the skin fade away as the blood did so, he knew how this sent the slaves thoughts, he knew the truth and the ways. "They are like the Empire of the Hand, they seek that."

"I won't go back. That is death as sure as leaving you." The slave said with vehemence and surety, a spark of strength. Once more he hoped against hope that these would be able to keep their word and elevate his slave to be as he. "You convinced them to leave me alone." The hope and pleading in those eyes was surely and truly pleading, a weakness. Something that had to go, but yet it spoke to his own emotions that were stirred for this slave in some odd way.

"They came to an accord to elevate you. To make you worthy by the time I leave and you shall have to choose to stay with them or come with me and take the trials for real." Wetness, tears in the eyes. He could feel the unspoken question, the yearning. "I think they just might. You will be Ebruchi." He said it. A statement, not a question. A challenge to this slave.

Nodding the slave stepped forward and raising the right hand presumed to touch him, to rub it around his eye before cupping his tentacles in that hand. "I will be Ebruchi, no longer Eickarie of a disposed tribe. I will be strong. I will be free." Pulling E by his tentacles the slave pulled him up before opening the mouth as though to devour him. The flash of those orange tinted teeth, stained by the orange blood that ran through his slaves veins as sure as any lack of deep cleaning scraped along his tentacles.

"We won't be able to after you leave this ship." he simply stated.

"I'll find a way."

"No one can know until you are ready."

"We have until morning?"

"Yes." He was sure they would let him spend his first night on the ship. Whatever quarters they had waiting for him could wait.

"Then shut up already."

As she embraced him fully, his hands finally moving to caress and grasp upon her even as his tentacles explored her face, mouth, and even nose he knew he would miss her and this so much in the times to come. As she began to peel back his layers of clothing he knew tomorrow would be torture and he should sleep. But the sweet promise of the moment and the knowledge that it might be their last for a long long time promised that he would sleep little if any this night as he threw himself into the exchange of fluids, promising to himself to coat and memorize every facet and scale. That when, not if, they were able again he would know every change in her, every scar survived to elevate her. He would know how much more to love her then.

TAG: greyjedi125, Sinrebirth

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 6

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Alejac Ridicuf
    Aboard his ship

Alejac was getting done with his morning workout when he noticed a message had come in during the night. He wasn't surprised that it had come from this Gardener fellow.

Neither. And sometimes both. We are the keepers of the balance- the ones in the middle. Do get your rest, Alejac. I’ll have a room prepared for you. Where you lay down your head tonight is your choice. Be well, and welcome to Decameron Alpha.

Well, he thought that message could have come earlier, but he'd had some good sleep anyway. Alejac pulled out a clean, pressed uniform, thought again, and put it away. He would wear the slacks, but with the weather here, it was more appropriate to wear a lightweight shirt. Especially if they were going to be in that Oratory, again.

Just then, Alejac's ship systems had a number of pings and a message. It appears there is an underground hanger and he now had access to the it. Alejac noted quite a number of other ships there. He set his ships systems to work analyzing the ships it found there, looking for capabilities, both manpower-wise and weaponry and shielding. More information is always a good thing.

He exited his ship with his droid following and started to the building. He didn't know where to go, but certainly he could follow a crowd.

Then he stopped. He turned to look at his ship. A name. The ship didn't have a name. Well, it probably did, but it was Jilljan's, wasn't it. Now the ship was his. He looked hard at it. It was just a ship. How hard could it be? He had piloted this ship so many times that he had a second wardrobe in it, but had never really been concerned with the blasted name. Jaina. He would call it Jaina.

With that decided, he went into the main building. These "keepers of the balance" were going into a room down from the Oratory. Maybe it was more comfortable. He entered and saw Victus and others. Gildar wasn't here, yet. Alejac went to retreive some food and sat with it with his back to the wall. Old habits.

And while he ate, he looked up at the woman watching them all. That was his keeper from yesterday. Yes, this was going to be an interesting place.

Tags: at the end...

IC: Gildar
    His quarters

It had been so strange. At one moment he was going to make some food, the next he was waking from a deep sleep. Perhaps he had just dreamed about getting the clothes. No, they were right here in his room.

Dreamed. He had dreamed. It was so queer. Strange.

He remembered the dream with perfect clarity, but that's not unusual for him. He revisited the details in his mind while he got ready to get up again.

Dreamscape
    He moved around a room, a large room, a great group of people were here. He saw humans, Zabraks, Wookiees, Gungans, Duros (or were they Neimoidians?). All could use the force. They seemed in his dream to be glowing different colors, auras.

He saw a few in a group, glowing red. They were fighting. The were killing. They were using their sensitivity for quite violent means. While it was obvious they were hurting others, something Gildar didn't care for in the least, the sight of them augmenting their actions with their mental prowess was exhilarating! He knew of being able to augment running and jumping with the Force. This was something altogether more! Speed so fast your eyes couldn't follow. Protection so complete that no attack could get through.

He followed his dream left and up. Some others were treating hurt patients. Doctors and nurses of the Force! They glowed, too, some blue, some violet. With one hand they were going into the mind and body of their patients to examine them. With the other hand, they were manipulating the Force in their patients to bring forth a healing energy unparalleled in most hospitals. Where other medical professionals would lose the patient to sickness, these could bring them back from the brink of death. He had killed his master not long before. He had taken someone in the opposite direction of these men and women.

He found researchers, exploring the boundaries of science. Exploring new ways to propel a ship or produce energy. These seemed to glow orange. When they found a solution to a long sought problem or a disease, he saw them triumph, and their glow seemed to outshine the sun. Yet, they saw defeat at times when a theory proved to be a false trail. At those times, their aura seemed to wane some, but they got back on track and continued with their research, glowing with a renewed vigor.

Entertainers. He saw entertainers. Yellow. A happy, joyous yellow. They didn't appear to be using the Force at all, but their art was higher than other, non-Force users art simply because they could intuit where the audience wanted them to go. In comedy, they could make their audience happier than anyone ever had. In tragedy, there was not a dry eye in the room.

Back in the real world
    Alejac pulled on his shirt and asked Pede to show him the way to the Refrectory. As he walked, he thought more about his experience, his dream. Was it more of a vision? He knew there was much more to the Force than anything he had touched, yet. Now he was going to really experience the Force.

Where this was meant to lead, Gildar had no idea. The groups showed him how much was missing so far. Where he could go. He looked forward to being able to explore things! He resolved to ask Kev-Mas and Victus when he saw them.

He entered the Refrectory behind Pede and saw some familiar faces, and one he had hoped would be gone by now. His eyes narrowed on the unwelcome man...

Tag: Kahn_Iceay, Kev-Mas_Colcha, greyjedi125

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Grey Sanctuary
    Oratory

She stood motionless, hands clasped in front of her. Dark robes still. Dichromatic eyes quietly assessing those who arrived into the Oratory. She did not stand on the dais, where The Gardener had stood, but rather at the right hand of it.

So far, only four of the new arrivals were present, and only three were Force Users.

The first to arrive was Kev-Mas.

“Good morning.” He intoned after offering a nod.

The gesture was returned in kind. “Good morning, to you.” She said, matching his pleasantry.

The second to arrive was Julius Agrippa, who had been silent and offered no greeting, and so there was none offered in response.

The third to arrive was the now ‘former-huntsman.’ Alejac Ridicuf. This one was a curious one, but no less part of the stream. He too was silent and so, silence would be his.

The fourth to arrive was the former slave, now free Gildar. His aura had seemed pleasant for a moment, until he’d layed eyes upon the non-force user. It would be unrealistic not to expect such a reaction overnight, but perhaps in due time….

“Greetings and good morning to you all. I am Xaan.”

She offered a curt nod at those gathered, after introducing herself.

“I shall be leading you this morning. The Gardener will join us later. I trust you’ve all had a proper night’s sleep and a good breakfast?”

Xaan paused and gave a chance for responses, should there be any. This also gave time for any others to arrive.

“Question: Should we start right away, or wait for everyone to be present?”

Tag: Kev-Mas_Colcha, Darth Master Titus, DarthIshyZ, anyone else entering the Oratory

4. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Icharis
    Quarters, Oratory

Waking up without an alarm was never good. The first sense to waking up being uncertainty of the time was a poor way to start the day. "Q! What the hell!" The gyros and lights flickered and came to life. "Forget it, I'll run a diagnostic on you later, I have a feeling I'm late."

Rolling out of bed, Icharis placed his left foot inside his boot, followed by his right, before slapping a button that 'auto-laced' them. "Let's go."

Entering the Oratory, Icharis took note that there was a woman at center, instead of the Gardener, and only a handful of the others present. "Sorry I'm late," he said. "Stupid tech is malfunctioning. What'd I miss??"

TAG: greyjedi125 / others present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Decameron Alpha
    Planet surface, Grey Sanctuary, Oratory

“Good morning, to you,” replied the robed female in response to Kev-Mas’ greeting, to which he answered with a nod.

“Greetings and good morning to you all,” she continued, addressing the three others that had gathered so far, “I am Xaan.”

Xaan offered a curt nod at everyone, and then continued once more.

“I shall be leading you this morning. The Gardener will join us later. I trust you’ve all had a proper night’s sleep and a good breakfast?”

Kev-Mas simply nodded in return, and she continued.

“Question: Should we start right away, or wait for everyone to be present?”

As she spoke, a cyborg that Kev-Mas had yet to be introduced to walked into the Oratory.

"Sorry I'm late," he said. "Stupid tech is malfunctioning. What'd I miss?"

Looking toward the cyborg for a moment, he then turned back to Xaan and answered her query.

“Well, from the looks of things we may want to exercise a bit of patience. I predict that he’s only the first of a few other latecomers.”

Tag: greyjedi125; Mikaboshi; DarthIshyZ; Darth_Elu; Mitth_Fisto; The Vanguard; Kahn_Iceay; Sinrebirth; Darth Master Titus;

6. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Decameron Alpha, Oratory

"Sorry I'm late," he said. "Stupid tech is malfunctioning. What'd I miss?"

One of the Imperials turned and acknowledged him with a look, before turning back and addressing the woman.

“Well, from the looks of things we may want to exercise a bit of patience. I predict that he’s only the first of a few other latecomers.”

Icharis made his way into the small group and stood next to Julius whom he felt comfortable with, despite his constant silence. "What's going on," he whispered to the Jedi. "Who else is missing?"

TAG: greyjedi125 Darth Master Titus

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ezzuk & Sa'rae
    Decameron Alpha, En route to and at Oratory

As Ezzuk fumed at base of the ship he waited with limited patience. "Slave if you make me wait one more cycle. . ."

"Hold your thrusters!" came the unbidden and unwanted reply. Gazing down for a moment he rechecked his own furs and apparel, he had been in a rush to run the portable sonic over himself and then his clothing before putting it all back on meticulously. She had tried to help with that but when it came to how to put the clothes back on him she never got it right. Not that she wasn't adept at removing them skillfully. When she finally deigned to skip into view Ezzuk put a hand to his face.

"What in a solar flare is that!"

"It's a dress." she deadpanned before twirling at the top of the ladder down. "Isn't it beautiful. The chiss may be clueless but they have good taste." she proudly stated as she showed off the black dress with shimmering opalescent highlights.

"You do realize they are supposed to be toughening you up to pass your elevation tests, not some social club." his mouth tentacles quaked at the very notion of it all. The fact that they were already late due to both of them passing out earlier that morning from sheer exhaustion was not really helping matters any.

"Yes, but this is the first day. And impressions matter. If they are like the chiss this would be more appreciated than some jump suit." she stated in turn before climbing down the ladder. Oh how he appreciated that dress for a moment as she rocked on the way down. "Besides, don't I look good in it?"

No matter what race or species you were, if you wore clothing that was a trap question that raised warnings in Ezzuks mind. He wanted to say she looked foolish, but even though she was technically his slave for a little while longer it was something that could make even that state of affairs miserable for him if he answered wrong. So he simply nodded. That normally placated her, before he moved to the access port and opened it to walk outside. With a wave to one of the floating remotes he soon had a guide back to where he should be, the whole journey passing in silence and her with her eyes down cast.

As he walked in in his traditional furs and full gear he nodded to those that were present. With a wave from his slaves stomach to the woman that appeared to be leading this meeting he simply stated what needed to be said, luckily it appeared the training had not begun in earnest yet. "I present you with my slave that you might return her worthy. In sign that the chains are broken from me I shall return to using her name, Sa'rae, your new keepers." Stepping back out of the way he stood straight and ready for whatever may come. It was out in the open now, and he was somewhat curious what reactions he might yet get.

Stepping forward she glanced at the woman. The slight bruising on her right cheek made her smile turn more into a wince, although what it had actually come from was nothing the other would likely guess. Same with the bruising on her arms that was visible, the orange hue peeking out at the spaces between scales at war with their natural forest green scales. "I look forward to the work, m'am." Here she tried to curtsey slightly before standing there awkwardly not sure of where she should go, nor where she should stand in this grouping of such strength.

TAG: Kev-Mas_Colcha, The Vanguard, @Darth Master Titus, @DarthIshyZ, greyjedi125

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    DOUBLE POST OF APPROVED CHARACTER SHEET! SINRE APPROVED [face_devil]

ALSO GREY APPROVED ;)

Name: Sa'rae i.e. Slave.
    Sex: Female
    Species: Eickarie
    Height: 1.8 meters / 5'9" feet
    Weight: 72.5kg / 160 lbs
    Homeworld: Kariek in Unknown Space
    Physical description: Slightly padded humanoid form with green skin, turns orange with bruising. Black scales around eyes and on back of hands.

Clothing: Space and toxic environment capable body glove, carries old mask re-breather on belt along with whatever tools she grabs for a particular job. Has dress cloths that is a black dress with opalescent highlights that was provided by the chiss when she was 'freed' along with Ezzuk.

Weapons: Random tools.

Description of Abilities & Short Bio: She was loaned out with her master to the Blazing Chains by his clan the Blazing Gear only to be treated poorly and 'liberated' by a Hand of Thrawn ship who mistook her masters neck shackle as his status aboard ship to be equal to her own. Something which she testified to as a fact when she saw the way they were thinking hoping it would earn them both their lives. Once 'freed' he was able to choose his place of release and and she went with him, the choice of going home after hearing what had happened to her tribe told her it was no longer an option. Not only had she been given as tribute and payment years ago, she now would be reviled for her deposed tribe if she ever went home. Ezzuk was truly her only safe place in the galaxy in her mind. Where this would all take her she does not know.

Affiliation: Ezzuk. Only E

9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Gildar
    Refrectory

While Gildar stood in the doorway considering the slaver sitting casually eating breakfast, he started to fume. What should he do about this? These people had offered him safety, a place to stay and food to eat. He's had an idea of what is in store for him. But... this man. He debated in his mind killing him here and now.

His internal debate was interrupted by a couple things. The woman he had noticed yesterday spoke first:

“Greetings and good morning to you all. I am Xaan. I shall be leading you this morning. The Gardener will join us later. I trust you’ve all had a proper night’s sleep and a good breakfast? Question: Should we start right away, or wait for everyone to be present?”

Then, he was pushed past by another resident. He offered an apology about not waking up on time, but then Gildar considered so many others still not here. Curious. He did wonder where the others were, though.

He battled back some of his anger at Alejac sitting so casually here and approached Xaan. "Mistress Xaan, I really just arrived here. It's not my place to be upset after your hospitality. But, please (he raised his voice for Alejac to hear) tell me what that man is doing here."

Tag: greyjedi125

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grey Sanctuary
    Oratory

The only motion Xaan made for the moment was to shift her standing position as she brought her hands to her back and clasped them there. Her gaze was steady and appraising of those who had arrived. She observed them and felt them all in the force, getting a sense of the many layers that normally comprised sentient beings.

Sentients were both simple and complex; nuanced by default. In her line of work, understanding these nuances was paramount. And so, she listened carefully before making any responses, listened to what was said and what was omitted.

The cyborg, Icharis was next to arrive. One would immediately assume that he should be paired-up with Galvan, but perhaps it was still to early to determine that. He did not address Xaan directly, but spoke to everyone in a general manner.

For a former Emperor’s Hand, Kev-Mas demonstrated a touch of diplomacy that looked and felt as natural as noon-day rain. Despite his myriad complexities, or perhaps because of them, Kev-Mas’ potential, Xaan noted, was immense. Whether or not he would achieve it was left to be seen.

He fielded the cyborg’s question with ease. Indeed, there was much to be said about ‘waiting’, which was arguably the least desirable trait for most postulant force users. Xaan remained impassive, but allowed herself an internal smile. ’Twas a hard lesson to learn, but learned it she had.

Dichromatic eyes casually followed Icharis as he went to stand next to Julius.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Xaan felt them before they arrived and turned her head just in time to see Ezzuk enter the Oratory, and he was not alone. Xaan made note of the force flow around them, as well as their outward bearing. Xaan returned the nod offered in kind and listened as the Ezzuk the Ebruchi began to speak.

”I present you with my slave that you might return her worthy. In sign that the chains are broken from me I shall return to using her name, Sa'rae, your new keepers."

Xaan offered a curt bow to Ezzuk, who had abided by The Gardener’s words. The beginning of their mutual agreement was off to a good start. She watched him as he stepped back and his former slave, know named, stepped forward.

Xaan appraised her openly and in silence.

“I look forward to the work, m’am.” Sa’rae said.

Xaan detected no subservience in her tone. This was a good start. Perchance some timidity due to the unfamiliar surroundings, but definitely an inner resolve. That - and a mere whisper of the Force within her, dormant and nearly unnoticeable, if one was not looking specifically for it.

“Welcome to the Grey Sanctuary, Sa’rae. You may call me Xaan. We have much to learn from one another, but in the learning we can become much more in the process. Such was the agreement, that your freedom catapult you into worthiness - and it shall be so.”

A nod was offered to Sa’rae. Xaan made no motion to tell her where she should stand, for her training would begin immediately, though this was unspoken. She was free to stand wherever she chose, including next to Ezzuk if she wished it.

A subtle sub-current of anger caught Xaan’s attention just then, but she did not turn to it and allowed it to reveal itself. The source of it was young Gildar who was approaching her. Calmly, she turned to face him, regarding him amiably.

“Mistress Xaan, I really just arrived here. It’s not my place to be upset at your hospitality. But please…”

Gildar now raised his voice so all could hear him.

“…tell me, what is that man doing here?”

Xaan paused an let the words linger in the air before responding. This one had an interesting inner fire, but he was young, and the young were in sore need of guidance. In her mind, there were many ways she could have answered that question, but the best answer was the one least shrouded in mystery. The most transparent would serve best.

“The Grey Sanctuary is a place of learning and new beginnings for any who are led here, Gildar. Regardless of their past, or their level of Force sensitivity, for the Force is in all of us, it permeates and binds us all, both for good and ill.”

A small pause. The words were not just for Gildar.

“Just yesterday you brought this man a plate of food? Was that not a peace offering?”

A small tilt of the head. She was beginning to sound like Polmath.

“The past is behind you now, it is the present that should be your focus. Harbor not fear or anger young one. Understand their workings, know the seeds from which they spring, but do not let them take root in you. I believe you’ve had enough of the misery they bring. Let it go, move forward. You are free to make better choices for yourself. That goes for everyone here. Respect and observe our ways, for they may yet become your ways young one. Trust in the Force.”

Xaan offered an almost imperceptible smile.

“You have nothing to worry about, young one.”

There was little more she could do to reassure the youngest of the new arrivals. It was up to him to see what path he would take. Time would tell.

“I think we can start to make our way to the Cloister of Trials. I’ll leave word so the rest can find us.” Xaan now addressed everyone in the room.

“If you have any questions for me, please ask them as we make our way.”

With that, Xaan gathered everyone and began the short trek to the Cloister. The small group moved through the sanctuary corridors, their footsteps echoing through the halls. As they walked, several now familiar remotes zipped by them. But they had yet to encounter any other residents, despite the feeling some might perceive that they were not alone.

Finally, the group found themselves in a large corridor, at the end of which two large double doors were seen to be closed, and Galvan already there, offering a small bow in welcome.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto, DarthIshyZ, The Vanguard, Kev-Mas_Colcha, Darth Master Titus

OOC: Just a chance for a bit more interaction and some catching up for other players before jumping into the next scene.

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    OOC: JP with DarthIshyZ;

IC: Gildar and Kev-Mas
    en route to training center

Gildar had asked why Alejac was still here. He was hoping for her to say "He was just getting one for the flight." Instead he was handed a bit of a dressing down and a challenge.

“Just yesterday you brought this man a plate of food? Was that not a peace offering?”

He was about to say something akin to "It was meant as a farewell gift" when she continued.

“The past is behind you now, it is the present that should be your focus. Harbor not fear or anger young one. Understand their workings, know the seeds from which they spring, but do not let them take root in you. I believe you’ve had enough of the misery they bring. Let it go, move forward. You are free to make better choices for yourself. That goes for everyone here. Respect and observe our ways, for they may yet become your ways young one. Trust in the Force.”

Gildar considered her words as the group was getting prepared to walk out. He certainly had had his own share of misery from fear, from anger, from rash actions. While he didn't want to give in to those feelings, he didn't know if he would feel free, necessarily, with Alejac here.

In the interest of the proverbial second opinion, he approached his frieind Kev-Mas. "What do you think about that?"

"She has a point," replied Kev-Mas, turning to Gildar, "I know all too well about how terrible it is to be forced to work for someone against my will."

Kev-Mas then his gaze back to Alejac, and continued. "If this man truly was your enemy, he would not be here. It seems like he is merely a victim of circumstance, just as you are. Now you both have been made equal, and you are presented with a wonderful opportunity, to befriend someone who at one time was your enemy."

He then looked back to Gildar and sighed, "Besides, it would be suicide for him to try and hurt you. He saw how you killed his former employer and now you stand in a place that will teach you how to wield that power with greater control. He fears you. You should not fear him."

A good point, thought Gildar. He's going to have to keep an eye on Alejac, though. Whatever he's doing here must have some... motives.

He examined his friend a bit more. "Kev-Mas, you appear to have something on your mind. What is it?"

Kev-Mas' gaze focused on Gildar in response to his probing, his crimson eyes piercing into him like daggers.

"I have a lot of different things on my mind," he replied, dodging the question with one of his own, "what was it that gave it away?"

"Kev-Mas, I don't know much about this Force, but I felt every lash of a whip, every death... Maybe I feel, or see, emotions. Remind me ldter to tell you about this freaky dream I had." He put his hand on Kev-Mas shoulder as they walked. "How can I help?"

"Unfortunately I don't think you would be able to help much with this matter," replied Kev-Mas, "ghosts from my past are haunting my dreams. I've decided to replace my sleep with caf supplements until I've solved it, nonetheless."

Gildar made a humm of understanding. He'd had to take those things when he had had projects due in a short time for Jilljan before. "Those things wreck havoc on my stomach. I hope you're doing better than I did. Let me know if I can help in any way, please."

Kev-Mas nodded in reply, but otherwise didn't say anything, as if to indicate that he didn't wish to speak further on the matter.
    Tag: greyjedi125;

12. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Alejac
    Oratory

The former guard sat at his table pushing around the items on his plate. They seemed to be eggs, maybe fried root. Did the droids try to make an omelette for him? Interesting. It was better than the stuff that was produced on his ship. Marginally.

He barely noticed that Gildar had entered. He only really noticed things when Gildar shouted "...tell me, what is that man doing here?" This brought a scoff and a smile to his face. Ironic, really. Alejac was supposed to accept Gildar as his own man, but wasn't allowed the same in return?

He had experience with this woman Gildar was talking to, Xaan. This was going to be interesting. It seemed she was saying somewhat the same thing as Alejac was thinking. Would she tell him that Alejac has been hired as a pilot for this lot? Did she know? She didn't seem to, but he knew exactly how deceptive this woman could be.

The last part of what she said was most interesting. "You are free to make better choices for yourself. That goes for everyone here. Respect and observe our ways, for they may yet become your ways young one. Trust in the Force."

The Force.

Alejac didn't posess the ability to control the Force. But he'd had a mixed experience with it. He knew it was out there. He'd seen plenty in the Republic Army, Generals and such, that had control of it. Then he'd known about the Jedi Purge. While there was no love lost between him and Force users, he had a hard time believing that all of them were bad. Yet, his more recent experience, with Gildar as a slave and then here, were much less positive. He didn't trust any of them any more.

He was pulled out of his reverie by Xaan saying the members would be going to the Cloister of Trials. That sounded interesting, and would give him some time to get familiar with the members, their abilities and such. "Know your enemy...," he thought. He got up and, after depositing his plate with the others to be cleaned, followed the group.

Gildar and another were ahead of him, talking. He also saw a new one. A woman he thought could be associated with that one with the mouth tentacles. A small shivver went through him at the thought of the Ebruchi. He wondered where the Twi'Lek was, but then there were a few others missing, too. All of them had their droids floating nearby.

And then, there was Galvan standing in front of the doors ahead of them. He seemed to be a good sort. Was he the caretaker of the group? Maybe the second in command? Xaan, perhaps third? He'll have to include these thoughts in his notes later on. He then thought about the analysis his ship was doing of the other ships in the hangar. This was going to be an interesting tactical analysis, to be sure.

Tag: greyjedi125, anyone else.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  13. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    En Route to Cloister of Trials

The group was now on the move, Icharis among them. Some of the others weren't present but perhaps 'they' only do this tour in smaller parties. He didn't know. There was still a lot of blanks that needed filling but Icharis felt comfortable enough to keep going along with everything. He had been on the planet less than two days and somehow it felt like weeks. The rest he received was sorely needed. Despite Qs malfunctions, he was glad he slept soundly for so long. Perhaps his body was just spent after all those days running. Perhaps it was his full stomach.

"Were you two close?" he asked the man called Alejac as they walked near eachother. Icharis could tell something was off about him, maybe it was the Force giving him the sense, or maybe he just looked stressed.

"Your former employer I mean, were you close with her?" Icharis kept his tone neutral, not half expecting the man to blow him off.

DarthIshyZ greyjedi125

greyjedi125 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Alejac & Icharis (Combo with The Vanguard)
    Outside the Cloister

Alejac was just considering the group in front of him when he was startled by another of the group. He needed to get better at this, he considered. Wouldn't be good to be caught off guard by one of these people. He said, "Your former employer I mean, were you close with her?"

"Hm? Oh, Jilljan. Yes. Uh, no. Well, as close as any employee, if that's what you mean. Jilljan wasn't... into... men..." This was a closely guarded secret because of the circles she used to keep. The secret didn't seem that important, now.

Icharis raised his eyesbrows at the response, mostly due to his expectation that Alejac would have just given a curt answer and moved on. To him, the 'former slave-hunter' didn't seem genuinely invested with what was going on, yet here he was.

Alejac continued, "Um, who are you?"

"Sorry," the cyborg reached out his hand, "I'm Icharis."

"Don't worry I already got the scoop on you. My little assistant here," *points to the implanted mechanism that taking up a quarter of his face* "hacked into the arrival manifest for ships that landed yesterday." The ice was broken at this point but Icharis wanted to get a feel for what made the man tick. "So who takes over now that your boss is..gone?"

Alejac looked at Icharis' proffered hand and just as quickly ignored it. He was still a Force User.

He looked higher to examine the cyborg implant. A brief second he considered mentioning his own implant but thought better of it. "I do."

Retracting his rejected gesture, Icharis cracked a half smile, "I guess I'll just call you boss then,"he said thinking the silly nickname might intentionally annoy the man.

Alejac considered the "boss" title. Then he looked Icharis in the eye and said, "Yes, you should."

Icharis processed the directness shown as non-threatening as the man continued "So you have an implant that analyzes your surroundings immediately. Useful. How'd you end up with it?"

The cyborg briefly paused, pondering how much he wanted to say about the subject. "Let's just say my partner and I used to run a profitable business and I needed an extra set of eyes to watch my back." Icharis' tone matched the greying man's directness as he looked him in the eye.

Alejac turned back toward the door as they waited for Galvan "Interesting. Well, it certainly does sound useful. Thank you for the information."

Icharis too turned his attention to Galvan, who always seemed to be right where he was supposed to. He thought about asking the Zabrak what this place was, The Cloister of Trials. But the name gave enough idea for him to stay silent.

Tag: greyjedi125, The Vanguard

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ezzuk & Sa'rae
    Decameron Alpha, En route to and at Oratory

The reply was not long in coming from the woman had the dias of the room, “Welcome to the Grey Sanctuary, Sa’rae. You may call me Xaan. We have much to learn from one another, but in the learning we can become much more in the process. Such was the agreement, that your freedom catapult you into worthiness - and it shall be so.”

A nod was offered to Sa’rae. Which Sa'rae felt compelled socially to return. After all she was the inferior, it was her duty to always acknowledge a superiors gesture. Xaan made no motion to tell her where she should stand, which was a little odd. Although not unexpected as E had said that these were odd like the chiss, which meant everything was a test and everything was scrutinized. At first she felt the tug to go back, back where she felt she belonged, a step to the side and behind E. But she knew, she remembered, they could no longer be together except in secret and possibly not even then. Her heart ached at that thought, not even then. Stepping forward she found her spot to stand behind and beside Xaan.

Calmly, Xaan turned to face the newcomer, regarding him amiably. Ezzuk seemed to spark a note of recognition at seeing the man, although Sa'rae could glean little else beyond that in the writhing tentacles on her masters. . .ex-masters face.

“Mistress Xaan, I really just arrived here. It’s not my place to be upset at your hospitality. But please…”

Gildar now raised his voice so all could hear him.

“…tell me, what is that man doing here?”

Xaan paused an let the words linger in the air before responding. Something which made Sa'rae shift uncomfortably, her ingrained notion of the world told her a beat down was about to come on this young man. Writhing her hands behind her back to hide the subtle gesture she wondered what would happen now, or rather how it would happen.

“The Grey Sanctuary is a place of learning and new beginnings for any who are led here, Gildar. Regardless of their past, or their level of Force sensitivity, for the Force is in all of us, it permeates and binds us all, both for good and ill.”

A small pause. So his name was Gildar. Noted. With her head raised she appraised the man and whom the outburst seemed to be against, honestly she did not understand. Then again she had been stuck on the ship the whole day prior.

A peace offering? How do you offer a peace offering and then whine about it the next day? The man was not long for this side of a medbay. Only Xaan continued to surprise her, and not just her, although Ezzuk seemed to have more of an aloof detached curiosity about the whole thing.

Xaan offered an almost imperceptible smile. Sa'rae's closeness barely made it visible to her as the woman's head was turned for part of it. Although what in the black depths did the woman mean? Eye on the present, not the past. Easy enough to understand, what were they, younglings? What she had said next though, fear and anger were the fences of life's path. You learned how to navigate them, jump them if needed, and occasionally to be them to the right person. Their ways might be fine, shiny and fine, but they were living in seclusion for a reason she felt. She didn't really even understands E's desire to seek these people out, and now how were they ever going to make her strong enough for the trials when they spouted garbage about plants of emotion?!?

“You have nothing to worry about, young one.”Xaan said to Gildar, and he didn't, she did. Her life and freedom was in these people's hands.

“I think we can start to make our way to the Cloister of Trials. I’ll leave word so the rest can find us.” Xaan now addressed everyone in the room. Alright, let the real tests begin. Ezzuk was eager, she knew by the way his eyes glinted in the light, and his tentacles gave a rhythmic pulse of motion. She was a little more nervous, hopefully they had trials for whimps, because testing her with anybody like Ezzuk or those human Chains Pirate group would be like a mynock to a turbine.

“If you have any questions for me, please ask them as we make our way.”

With that, Xaan gathered everyone and began the short trek to the Cloister. The small group moved through the sanctuary corridors, their footsteps echoing through the halls. As they walked, several now familiar remotes zipped by them. But they had yet to encounter any other residents, despite the feeling some might perceive that they were not alone.

Finally, the group found themselves in a large corridor, at the end of which two large double doors were seen to be closed, and Galvan already there, offering a small bow in welcome.

Bowing back seemed the right thing to do and so she did. Behind her with a glance she saw E merely nodding his head in return. Had she overdone it? Nervously she whispered to the woman as she knew E had been listening in quietly to the murmuring others on the trip, "Ma'am. Shouldn't I be tested somewhere else? No disrespect, I just do not know where I should go if they are to be tested here."

Tag: @greyjedi125, @DarthIshyZ, @The Vanguard, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, @Darth Master Titus

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Grey Sanctuary

Cloister of Trials Entrance

"Ma'am. Shouldn't I be tested somewhere else? No disrespect, I just do not know where I should go if they are to be tested here."

Xaan turned her head just so, a soft and almost playful smile tugged at her lips, though briefly. Her gaze found Sa’rae as she answered smoothly.

“Please, call me Xaan.” She stated easily, before continuing. “The Force tests us all wherever we go, and often at an inconvenient time.” A small nod was offered. “I would encourage you to proceed on, for there is much to learn, but I will not force you. Do as you feel is right for you.”

Moving gracefully, Xaan positioned herself at the other side of the double doors, across from Galvan. She could perceive how the group felt. Doubt. Trepidation. Uncertainty. Quite understandable for the uninitiated. As in all things, there would be a culling, even here. Many were called, but few chosen.

There was great potential present. In all who made it this far, but the question was, would that potential be realized, would they break free of their bonds?

The powerful and experienced Kev-Mas still had much to learn, and to that end, he was here, present and ready. Young Gildar, recently free from a life of slavery, was clearly at a cross-road in the Force, even if he himself did not realize it. He too was here, to find his choice.

Ezzuk and Sa’rae, were both deep and complex individuals. Perhaps they would learn simplicity.

Icharis. Half rooted in matter and machines. Perhaps Galvan could help him find a greater
    synergy.

And what of Alejac, a man seemingly out of place? He was exactly where he needed to be. Whether or not he learned the lesson before him remained to be seen.

Galvan’s fingers moved with blurring speed as they entered a sequence upon the security pad next to him. A soft hum was heard before the doors hissed and opened almost languidly. Beyond the threshold, wooded tunnels could be seen leading in different directions, under various lighting conditions, evoking an array of moods.

[​IMG]

“Find the Circle of Initiation. It will be a large meeting room much like the Oratory. Mind your journey and that which you take with you.”

Both Xaan and Galvan offered curt bows, as they now observed how the group of newcomers chose to proceed.

Tag: @Kev-Mas_Colcha , @DarthIshyZ, @The Vanguard, @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Kev-Mas Colcha
    Grey Sanctuary, Cloister of Trials Entrance

After being given the instructions, Kev-Mas simply nodded and carried on. This wasn’t the first time his mettle had been tested in this manner. Nearly a year ago in the process of finding himself and fleeing the wrath of the Empire Sekot, he was forced to confront his past in order to secure his future.

------

Dagobah System
    ISC Wolvesbane
    39:3:11 (4 ABY)
    1746 hours

The ship exited hyperspace into the Dagobah system and Kev-Mas began to make his approach towards the planet.

“Sir, we’re detecting no signs of civilization or technology,” interjected Erty, “Why’d ya want to go to a primitive mudlump like that?”

“If you were the Empire, would you think to look for us here?” asked Kev-Mas rhetorically.

“No,” replied Erty, “Hell, today’s the first I ever heard of this place.”

Kev-Mas formed his mouth into a smirk. “Bingo.”

“Lets take her in for a landing now, shall we?” continued Kev-Mas, guiding the ship towards the planet, “I want to see what this planet is like up close and personal.”

Approaching the atmosphere, Kev-Mas felt the planet’s strong presence in the Force.

“Luke was right,” mused Kev-Mas, “this planet is strong in the Force...”

Siren bleeps went off in the cockpit as the ship began hurtling towards the planet out of control.

“Sir!” exclaimed Cav, “We’ve lost navigational control! We---”

“Calm yourself, Lieutenant,” replied Kev-Mas, letting go of the controls and reaching out to the Force, “I’ve got this.”

Just then, the ship’s trajectory was halted and Kev-Mas began to guide it through the foggy skies of Dagobah till he found a suitable landing space above a small hill.

“Release the landing gear,” Kev-Mas commanded calmly through his half meditative state, “Manual override.”

“Uhh,” replied Erty, somewhat dumbfounded by what was going on, “I’m on it, Commander.”

The ship’s landing struts popped out and the entry ramp opened up as Kev-Mas guided it down to the soft, muddy terrain below them.

The ship set down with a soft thud and Kev-Mas came out of his trance.

“All set,” he mused, “Another happy landing.”

Erty and Cav both looked at Kev-Mas funnily.

“What?” asked Kev-Mas.

“Oh um, nothing Commander,” replied Cav.

“At ease, men,” calmed Kev-Mas, “You’re not in the Empire anymore. I’m not going to get on your case for looking at me a certain way or speaking freely. And you don’t have to worry about calling me ‘sir’ or ‘commander’. Address me like I’m one of your peers.”

The two nodded. “Got it mate,” acknowledged Erty.

“Follow me,” continued Kev-Mas as he gestured the two to follow him outside of the ship.

Once outside, he pointed towards a small clearing in the swamp at the base of the hill they stood atop.

“Set up camp in that small clearing,” ordered Kev-Mas, “I’m going to go do some exploring but I won’t be too far away in case you need me.”

------

Kev-Mas had been walking through the swampland for some time now, and despite that felt as fresh and full of energy as he was when he had started. His proficiency in the use of the Force had allowed him to use the strong Force presence to strengthen himself. However, the same presence was beginning to affect his mind.

“It feels almost as if I’m dreaming,” he said to himself, “Like nothing here is really as it seems.”

Just then he came upon what appeared to be an opening to a cave.

“I feel cold… death… That cave is strong with the Dark Side of the Force.”

A voice called out to him, which was the same voice he heard in his vision a couple days ago on Utapau - a voice he would later learn belonged to Sekot, the sentient entity of the living planet, Zonama Sekot.

“In you must go…”

“But why?”, Kev-Mas replied.

“To find yourself!”

“Well that’s… odd,” thought Kev-Mas to himself, “I really don’t like the idea of obeying a voice in my head again, but somehow… something tells me I need to.”

Stepping into the cave, Kev-Mas felt a chill run down his spine. From deep within he heard footsteps and felt a familiar presence in the Force, but what was odd about it is that he was unable to tell why it was familiar. It’s almost as if it was someone he had met in the past but had lost memory of.

------

Erty, Cav and the rest of the troops had finished setting up camp and were holding a hearty discussion while they ate their dinner.

“So that Colcha fellow is a real strange one,” chuckled Cav, “He sure is going out of his way to make sure we know we’re not in the Empire anymore. Seems odd to me that a former Emperor’s Hand would just cut ties so easily.”

“Well he said that piece of sorcery in his head has something to do with it,” replied Erty, “He’s said the blasted thing allowed the Emperor to enslave him… like he didn’t have any choice in what he did serving the Empire.”

“Bah! Just a bunch of fairytale nonsense if you ask me,” interjected a trooper from the back of the room, “It’s probably just another made up piece of propaganda just like the ones on those bogus posters we used to post up in starports.”

“Mind your tongue, Skepto,” accosted Cav, “Colcha may have allowed us to speak freely but I seriously doubt he’d let you get away with saying such things as that.”

“Wait a minute,” cut in Erty, “With all this talk of Colcha, has anyone heard anything from ‘im since he went pokin’ around out yonder?”

“Now that you mention it, we haven’t,” replied the trooper sitting next to Cav.

“Go ahead and try and reach him over comms then, Dar,” replied Cav, “We should’ve heard back from him by now and if he’s in trouble then so are we.”

------

Kev-Mas began to feel the familiar force presence grow stronger as he progressed into the cave.

“Whatever this thing is, it’s strong in the Dark Side of the Force,” he said to himself, “Almost as if the dark presence in this cave is coming from it.”

Just then, a figure dressed in black came out of the shadows and ignited a red bladed lightsaber.

Getting a closer look at it, Kev-Mas shook his head in disbelief. The figure looked exactly like Kev-Mas.

“No… it can’t be…"

The same voice that spoke to Kev-Mas outside the cave then called out to him.

“What stands before you is but a shadow of who you are. It is your former self.”

“Is this what you meant by finding myself?” replied Kev-Mas as his doppelganger walked towards him.

“No… that is not who you are, but what you used to be. To find yourself, you must defeat the shadows of the past.”

The figure swung his lightsaber at Kev-Mas, who activated his saber just in time to block it.

Kev-Mas used the Force to shove the figure away, and then rushed after him swinging his lightsaber fiercely in an overhand blow.

------

“I’m not getting any signal from his comlink,” informed Dar, “The weather on this planet is causing too much interference.”

“I reckon that’s why there ain’t no civilized life on this buggin’ planet,” mused Erty, “With no way to communicate with each other it makes sense that nobody would bother to colonize here.”

“That’s nice Erty, but we’ve got more important things to worry about than that,” interjected Cav urgently, “We need to go figure out where Colcha went.”

“I guess that’s where I come in,” replied another trooper as he put on his helmet. The helmet was like a standard shadow stormtrooper helmet except that it was equipped with a rangefinder.

“You know it Seeker!” replied Erty enthusiastically, patting him on the back and causing him to stumble slightly, “Lead the way.”

Seeker sighed, “I reaallly wish you’d stop doing that.”

“Anyways,” he continued, “The best place to start is where we saw him last. Thankfully the ground is awfully muddy and his tracks are so obvious that you’d have to be blind to miss them.”

------

The doppelganger swung at Kev-Mas and missed, and Kev-Mas responded with a kick to his chest, sending the figure flying.

Oddly enough, as he landed his blow on the impostor he felt pain in his own chest, as if he actually hit himself. As if he was actually… fighting against himself.

However, where the doppelganger was sent flying from the kick, Kev-Mas just felt the pain from it. Meaning he could still “kill” him, but it would just hurt a whole lot.

Kev-Mas rushed forwards, pushing the figure against the cave wall. The doppelganger then backpedaled and leapt over Kev-Mas and swung at his back in an underhanded sweep. He winced out in pain as the impostor’s lightsaber singed his shoulder. Strangely enough, however, he recoiled as well, as if their pain was indeed linked to each other.

------

“That’s odd,” said Seeker, pointing his E-11’s lamp towards the ground, “the tracks appear to be going straight into this rock.”

“But that’s impossible,” replied Erty, “You can’t just walk into a fraggin’ rock, mate.”

Seeker shrugged, “The tracks say a different story.”

“That’s odd indeed then,” replied Cav, “Any idea how this might have happened?”

Erty then shined his lamp on the rock, “Well I was gonna say this was some kind of cave that got sealed up or somethin’. There’d have to be some sort of visible cracks on the rock wall here though and I don’t see any of that.”

“It’s as good a guess as any though,” suggested Cav, “Try placing some detonators at the base of the rock to see what happens.”

“What a waste of perfectly good explosives,” said another trooper with a sigh as he reluctantly began to place the charges.

“It won’t be if my hunch is correct, Nade,” replied Cav.

“Yeah but that’s if it’s correct,” replied Nade, “But as much as I hate to take chances, you’re in charge here. Let’s fall back to a safe distance and I’ll trigger the charges by remote.”

------

The doppelganger swung at Kev-Mas, who then reached out with the Force to his shoulder wound, and forced it open further. As the impostor stumbled back further, Kev-Mas strangely didn’t feel the same pain.

“Hm… so I only feel the wounds I inflict when I inflict them, but not when they are opened further,” he thought to himself, “Good to know.”

Kev-Mas then swung at the doppelganger underneath him and fell into a blade lock. The lock was cut short as the cave began to shake and tremble, knocking both Kev-Mas and his shadow off balance.

Just then debris began to fall from the ceiling of the cave, and Kev-Mas took advantage of this situation. Reaching out to the Force, he grabbed a falling stalactite and hurled it at his doppelganger.

Dodging the debris, the impostor then leapt at Kev-Mas swinging his blade in a wide sweeping arc, and he replied by thrusting his lightsaber into it’s chest.

Kev-Mas felt a sharp piercing pain in his chest as the figure slumped to the ground and disappeared into the shadows.

The voice then called out to Kev-Mas again.

“You cannot let go of your past without great pain and difficulty… but it is not impossible, as you have learned today. Now go… meditate on this and you will be even closer to the new dawn.”

“But who are you?” replied Kev-Mas.

“All you need to know is that I know how to find what you are seeking.”

The cave then began to collapse and that’s when Kev-Mas knew he needed to get out of there.

Using the Force to enhance his speed, he quickly made his way back in the direction he came.

------

“Sir, the charges didn’t do anything,” complained Nade, “I had a feeling this wouldn’t work.”

“Blast it,” replied Cav, “I guess we’re gonna have to report back to Victus then.”

“Damn,” said Erty, “I was beginnin’ to like the bugger too.”

Kev-Mas then walked through what appeared to be a rock to the troopers, but was actually the entrance to the cave for him.

“Sir, I see him,” pointed out Seeker, looking ahead with his rangefinder, “He’s… walking through the rock.”

“You must be seein’ things, Seeker,” replied Erty, reaching for a pair of electrobinoculars, “There’s no way that’s possible.”

“Look in front of you, Erty,” said Seeker.

“What are you guys doing here?” asked Kev-Mas as he came upon the group.

“It’s been over two hours since our last contact and your commlink was unreachable due to the weather conditions on this mudball,” replied Cav, “So we went out looking for you.”

“Has it really been that long?” asked Kev-Mas rhetorically, “I guess the Force presence on this planet is affecting my perception of time. Oh well, let's get back to camp. We all could use some rest.”

------

Enough daydreaming though. Kev-Mas needed to focus on the here and now. The lessons of the past would prove helpful, but he still needed to be mindful of what was going on around him.

Laying a hand down on the wall next to him, Kev-Mas reached out through the Force. The Force was present in all things, including the very wall and floors in the very corridors he stood in, and everything was connected, through the Force. It was through that connection, that Kev-Mas looked through, as if it were a pair of electrobinoculars, which he were using to intuit the direction in which he was supposed to proceed next.

This was similar to how he used to track prey as an Emperor’s Hand, except that instead of individuals, here Kev-Mas was searching for a place. Kev-Mas was using the lessons of the past, while mindful of the present. It all seemed to make sense to him, and he figured that he finally found his way. What remained to be seen, was whether or not his assumptions were correct, and if he truly had found his way the Force would guide him to the Circle of Initiation.

Tag: @greyjedi125; @DarthIshyZ; @The Vanguard; @Mitth_Fisto;

greyjedi125 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ezzuk
    Grey Sanctuary, Cloister of Trials Entrance

Taking a good look at what was assembled Ezzuk tilted his head. This was all rather. . .odd. Sa'rae was already to be treated like an equal, like a true Ebruchi despite not having earned it yet. That he understood. That she was also to partake in the same tests as him? Either these tests were pathetic and childish in nature or of a manner that truly was benign. A laughable test then. Still with his tentacles wavering he noted a change, the one who was here before him and most others was pushing forward, a sure ship prepared for the test. Perhaps he should of made use of the library as well, perhaps he would have that surety or perhaps this was merely a weary human that had lost the ability to imagine his own defeat? Those often tasted the best, but he shrugged the notion off.

No, what truly distracted him was neither of these things, it was when he looked to Sa'rae out of the corner of his eyes that he noted she was talking to one of the humans, the one that had made such a racket by being a past slave enforcer. A laughable position as if one couldn't control their own slaves then they shouldn't have them. Or should eat them sooner rather than later. Or as was happening here, the slave should be elevated and left be, as the man off in the other end of the group was want to be.

Pulling out a tablet he tried to banish the thoughts of Sa'rae speaking to another. If she was foolish enough to make a wrong choice she would have to live with the consequences. That was the price of her freedom and temporary enslavement to these ones he wished to learn from. Wringing his tentacles as though trying to remove a foul taste he dipped his head in refocusing on what was before him.

Focusing on pulling up a simple mapping program that would use echolocation to ping the tunnels, a program designed for mapping unknown ship and station interiors, he set off down a moderately lit corridor. Avoiding the extremes of the light or the dark. That was this groups penchant was it not? Surely that might guide his start.

TAG: @greyjedi125; @DarthIshyZ; @The Vanguard; @Kev-Mas_Colcha

19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    IC: Alejac and Sa'Rae (Combo post with Mitth_Fisto)
    Cloister of Trials Entrance

After extricating himself of a conversation with yet another Force user, he noticed this female across the way: Sa'rae. She did not seem to be Force sensitive, so, being the lesser of two evils, decided to go over to her. He needed someone to train with, after all.

He approached this woman in his most... tolerant manner. "Hello, miss. You and I seem to be the odd beings out here. What are you planning to train with in here?"

The answer she received had her stepping away to thinking on her situation. She felt like this representative that she had to follow was being left handed in this situation, or as she had to remind herself to be plain to this language, she felt she was lying. Tempting her with false truths and soothing tongue to loose her into a tangled web. Then some motion caught her eye and brought her out of her reverie at the whole situation.

Looking at the mammal that wanted to talk with her she eyed him questioningly, her accents tinging a slightly deeper orange as she answered, "Survival." was her simple reply. "I have to be tougher than most and able to keep my worth to become truly free. So I will train with whatever I must."

Alejac looked at her closely. This species was foreign to him, so her orange "blush" was foreign to him. Did she perceive him as a threat somehow? His actions earlier with the former slave, Gildar, might give that feeling he knew, though he didn't think she was there.

"Certainly, we must train harder than these people. That does give us an advantage of our own, though." He turned to give her a conspiratorial tone. "I've found that they learn to depend on their powers." He looked in her eyes to look for comprehension. "Let's work together so we can be our own 'Force,' shall we?"

Squinting her eyes at him she slightly leaned forward, "Are you being right handed with me? Do we not risk becoming dependent on each other just as they their powers? How is that better, I will not be free unless I can be so when I have no others to rely on."

"Right-ha... " He looked at her and tried to decipher with context. The problem with so many species in the galaxy was the different ways of speaking. He thinks he recalls hearing about a Jedi Master who spoke backwards. Thank gods he didn't meet that one. "I am right-handed, actually, but I don't think that's what you're asking. But, to your point, the only way we can become dependent on each other is if we fail to challenge each other."

He paused a bit for effect. "Miss Sa'Rae, I have a hard time trusting women, so it won't be easy on you. But we can learn to give these Force users some good competition, at least. What do you think?"

She quirked her head a little at his answer before slowly blinking as understanding dawned, he was like the first Masters and the Pirates. He had not learned nor used the common ways of speaking from her people and in a moment of weakness where she had let her confusion and fear seep in she had slipped and used the old ways. If she continued she would never be free, her orange tones shifted to pink briefly in her embarrassment. "Yes, perhaps you do speak the truth, so you are right handed. You make a good point, and I accept. I shall challenge myself against you and you against me."

Tag: @greyjedi125, @Mitth_Fisto

greyjedi125 likes this.