main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Grin -- A/T AU One-Shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    There's an inspiration behind this fic; a picture. It's sexy, wistful and promises a bright future, all in one still moment of time.

[b]The Grin[/b]
    [hr]
    It was that grin that did it.

It was coy, and fun, and symbolized just everything that I loved about her. She's tossed it at me every time that I'd done something to make her happy. It's an infectious grin, one that I'd do anything to see directed at me. Which does remind me of my favorite memory of that grin. We were staying at a resort on Piathi, beach-side during local winter. Not the best, or most logical of times to visit a seaside resort, but then we are Jedi, and our schedules don't always work out the way we expect.

Plus, it would be the slow season for them. That makes the difference between there being a few dozen couples at the resort and there being several hundred. I get enough of those holonet shills and people wanting autographs in my daily life; I try to take vacations with Tahiri at times when we'd be less bothered by those folks.

Anyways, the memory was using taking the long way to the beach.

Hand in hand we stepped up onto the top of the dune. We were surrounded by beach grass, the smallest of which came up to my waist. Occasionally, a stiff breeze would flash across, shivering the seed pods all around us, carrying the strong tang of the ocean scent.

I looked out across the wide expanse of water that was just a few hundred meters down slope from us. Pure white, quartz-based sand jetted out from the edge of the grasses until it was met by the white foam of the crashing surf. further out the water started out as a blue-green but quickly shifted to darker and darker shades of blue until it was a nearly navy colored line kissing the steel grey of the cloud filled sky.

With a flash of a grin, I looked down at my companion. She was a few centimeters shorter than me, so most of what I saw was her curly blond hair being pushed around by the wind. Shifting my stance slightly, I could make out the sheer amazement that was etched onto her face as she stared at the water.

She must have felt my attention, because she shifted hers to me. Her green eyes locked onto mine and I once again felt that searing jolt race down my spine.

It doesn't matter how many times she looks at me, I always get that.

"Wow, Anakin.. it's, it's just so much water...I've never seen so much water in one place. Whoever owns this must be rich."

I chuckled, and shook my head. "This is Piathi, not Tatooine, there's plenty of water here. No one owns this ocean."

Her cheeks flushed red, and she shifted her gaze away from me. "I... I know that, Dummy."

Still grinning, I gave her hand another gentle squeeze and then started walking forward, pulling her along. "Come on, let's go down to the water. It's too cold for us to actually swim or anything, but we can still walk along its edge."

"Are you sure? I mean... it's a [i]lot[/i] of water."

I cast a quick glance behind me. "Hey, I'm here. What could go wrong?"

She sighed, and muttered something that I didn't catch, but I could still feel her sense of trepidation in the Force.

Then we were at the water's edge. The smell of salt and water was heavier, more pronounced, and there was a tinge of seaweed and fish to it as well. If anything the wind had gotten colder and I was glad that I was wearing my leather Corellian-style jacket. I glanced over at Tahiri, and took in what she was dressed in. Heavy-duty denim pants, running shoes, a simple pull-over tunic and then a light jacket over that. She looked warm enough, but she was from Tatooine. "Are you warm enough?"

She looked up at me, and smiled slightly. With a quick nod of her head, she replied, "Yeah, I'm fine like this."

Still holding her hand, we began to walk along the edge of the water. She glanced down as the water came rushing towards us. "I wish you hadn't made me wear shoes."

I laughed. "I know, but who knows what was in that stuff we walked through."

She sighed and we continued are walk; heading further and further away from

2. EvieSolo

EvieSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    *first*

Ha! Take that, MU! [face_mischief]

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    that's a very sweet vig

4. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    [face_laugh] Poor guy! I guess he got his shopping skills from his mother's side of the family. :p

Great work, Kidan. Very nicely done.

5. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    that was funny

6. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    EvieSolo
    *first*
    [:D]

Ha! Take that, MU! [face_mischief]
    o_Oisn't there supposed to be a comment directed towards me here??

SilSolo
    that's a very sweet vig
    thanks!!

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal
    [face_laugh] Poor guy! I guess he got his shopping skills from his mother's side of the family. :p
    apparently so...

Great work, Kidan. Very nicely done.
    thanks!!

Darthrevan4ever
    that was funny
    thanks!

7. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Aww, that was very sweet, and very nicely done. :D [face_love] I particularly loved the beginning:

It was coy, and fun, and symbolized just everything that I loved about her.

[face_love] [face_love]

Perfect! :)

Ant.

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I cast a quick glance behind me. "Hey, I'm here. What could go wrong?"

She sighed, and muttered something that I didn't catch, but I could still feel her sense of trepidation in the Force.

Hee hee - probably better he doesn't hear it, too. ;)

She looked at the pendant again, and then slipped it over her head. "I guess it could be that, from a certain point of view. It's a birthing charm. For Banthas."
    :D Oh, no - poor Anakin.

"Hurry up won't you," she said with that grin growing ever so slightly larger. "We still have to see just how well you're love charm is going to work."
    :D I could make a double entendre about his monumental screw-up, but I won't. ;) This IS a family site after all.

I absolutely loved this, Kidan - you're a cracker. What better way to celebrate A/T than this. [:D]

9. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Jedi-Ant
    Aww, that was very sweet, and very nicely done. :D [face_love] I particularly loved the beginning:
    Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed it :D

[face_love] [face_love]
    Perfect! :)

[face_blush]again, thanks!

Tahi
    Hee hee - probably better he doesn't hear it, too. ;)
    [face_mischief]probably...

:D Oh, no - poor Anakin.
    what, you think things would go right for the boy? ;)

:D I could make a double entendre about his monumental screw-up, but I won't. ;) This IS a family site after all.
    *snorts* It probably would be perfectly appropriate for the situation I wrote ;)

I absolutely loved this, Kidan - you're a cracker. What better way to celebrate A/T than this. [:D]
    Great!! Glad you liked it! And that's a good question: what better way to celebrate A/T? :D

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    "What's wrong with it? The holonet said that it was a Tusken love charm."

If anything, she laughed harder.

I stood, feeling my frustration growing.

Finally, she seemed to get her laughter under control. She blew out a breath slowly, one hand still holding the chain, the other holding her side. "Oh, that hurts..."

"So, what's wrong with the love charm?"

Her shoulders hitched slightly, and her lips were twisted into that grin as she looked at me again. "Love charm, huh Jedi-boy?"

"Yeah," I replied sullenly.

She looked at the pendant again, and then slipped it over her head. "I guess it could be that, from a certain point of view. It's a birthing charm. For Banthas."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, that was priceless!

This was great, Kidan! :D

11. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Idrelle_Miocovani
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Oh, that was priceless!
    This was great, Kidan! :D

glad that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for reading ;)

12. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    It was coy, and fun, and symbolized just everything that I loved about her.

I figured from the title it would be Tahiri talking about Anakin's "Solo grin" :p

Hand in hand we stepped up onto the top of the dune. We were surrounded by beach grass, the smallest of which came up to my waist. Occasionally, a stiff breeze would flash across, shivering the seed pods all around us, carrying the strong tang of the ocean scent.
    I looked out across the wide expanse of water that was just a few hundred meters down slope from us. Pure white, quartz-based sand jetted out from the edge of the grasses until it was met by the white foam of the crashing surf. further out the water started out as a blue-green but quickly shifted to darker and darker shades of blue until it was a nearly navy colored line kissing the steel grey of the cloud filled sky.

Wow, beautiful descriptions =D= So vivid.

With a flash of a grin, I looked down at my companion. She was a few centimeters shorter than me, so most of what I saw was her curly blond hair being pushed around by the wind. Shifting my stance slightly, I could make out the sheer amazement that was etched onto her face as she stared at the water.

Nice detail. Tahiri would be especially amazed by that, wouldn't she?

She continued a few more steps, and then noticing the pull on her hand, turned to face me. "What is it Anakin?"
    "Happy Anniversary," I replied with a grin, as I pulled out a small wrapped package.
    She blinked as she hesitatingly took the box from me. "Anniversary?"
    I grinned at her. "Yeah, we met 10 years ago, at this moment, on Yavin."

Aww [face_love]

[face_laugh] :_|

Poor Anakin. He tries :p

"Hurry up won't you," she said with that grin growing ever so slightly larger. "We still have to see just how well you're love charm is going to work."

[face_mischief]

Great story, Kidan =D= A very sweet portrait of Anakin and Tahiri. I loved their interaction here.

Nicely done :D

13. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    YodaKenobi
    I figured from the title it would be Tahiri talking about Anakin's "Solo grin" :p
    *mischief* what can I say, I'm sneaky that way ;)

Wow, beautiful descriptions =D= So vivid.
    thanks!

Nice detail. Tahiri would be especially amazed by that, wouldn't she?
    again, thanks! And yeah, Tahiri would be amazed by that

Aww [face_love]
    *chuckles*

[face_laugh] :_|
    Poor Anakin. He tries :p

aye, he does try....

[face_mischief]
    Great story, Kidan =D= A very sweet portrait of Anakin and Tahiri. I loved their interaction here.

thanks! I thought it made a lot of sense in how they'd work with one another.

Nicely done :D
    again, thanks!! and thanks for reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.