main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN The griping thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by REVANLORD, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005

Since we have a w00t thread, we might as well have a complaining thread too. :p

I'm complaining that I can never fall asleep. [face_plain]

The Hooded One

2. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I can gripe about not sleeping, too. And I asked my doctor for a sleep aid, and he said to "try some over the counter stuff"

OTC...ha! If I wanted that, I'd drink nightly. I want REST!

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll gripe that my supervisors took away my good days off (Sunday/Monday) and gave me Monday/Tuesday because my traffic stop numbers weren't high enough. Meanwhile, we have younger officers that won't answer calls in their zone or are too cowardly to serve warrants and get rewarded with weekends off.

(this gripe is actually an ongoing gripe from early January, but we didn't have the griping thread then)

4. senator__padme

senator__padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    My next door neighbor has no grasp on the fact that one does not need to literally scream for her friend to hear her. She and four or five of her friends sit in her room and scream to each other.. and then they go into the hall and scream to each other there.

She also likes to blast music ALL the time.. even when she's not there. (I've actually seen her leaving and heard the music through the door as she was locking it.) I swear, if I hear "My Humps" one more time through my wall, I'm going to kill someone. :mad:

5. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    now, that's just the way you should put it when you complain to the landlords...."if I hear My Humps one more time....."

6. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999

OUCH! :oops: Its all about the money isn't it! You're out attending to REAL crime and your supervisors are more concerned with moving violations. What a bunch of @$*&!

Unfortunately, you will have to comply if you don't want them to punish you any further. I know that you are not the type of person to give underserving tickets, but What you should do is come back with 3 months of really high numbers, Then ask for your days back. Put yourself in areas where people typically speed (like at the bottom of a long hill). Believe me, ALL the Franklin cops do it. There is a cop on practically every corner! You have to be either an uknowing visitor or just plain stupid or daring to speed in Franklin.

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Technically, they didn't say I needed to write more tickets... just make more traffic stops. So I'm pulling people over, making sure they have a valid license and no warrants, and giving warnings to a lot of people. And they said they could "re-evaluate the days off situation after six months."

8. SaberSpanker

SaberSpanker Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    You;re welcome to pull me over! Just, ya know, let me know where you are so I can go like 1 over the speed limit and I'll know it's you. Otherwise, it'll really freak me out :D Or, you could pull my roomie over. She gets pulled over ALL the time for stupid things and in the most inapproriate places. (Eastern Nashville, late at night, alone!) And if I'm in the car, at least I'll get a kick out it! And she'd be all sorts excited, getting pulled over without getting a ticket.

9. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    There have been reports of both Metro and State, (mostly Metro) pulling over ambulances lately. I know one of my coworkers got a ticket on Ashland City Hwy by Metro and another given a warning by THP on the same Hwy. My partner was pulled over on 440 for expired tags and another Ambulance service was given a ticket for the driver not wearing a seat belt. In all but one of the above instnaces, there was a patient on board.

10. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    gosh, that is nice.

we always get pulled over for stupid things.

why is it there are never officers around when you need one. particularly when you get run off the road by some minivan going like 30 over the limit, passing at random and going into the left lane only to turn right?????

or they ARE around but don't seem to be doing their job. like when you get rear ended by someone that tells you and the officer (that seemed to know him) and the report they have insurance only to find out a week and a half later they never did, they got it that night....then they up and disappear and get away with it?!!?!? [face_not_talking]

ok, that's my rant of the day. no bitterness here..... LOL
    isn't life grand? :rolleyes:

11. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Man, that's not right. [face_plain]

Did you see that church in the news that got vandalized? :mad:

The Hooded One

12. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    I have a gripe........people in Tn don't understand how to merge into traffic or that YIELD means to wait until it's clear. Every time I am coming home from the 24 to 40 east, there is a part where there is a merge and jackasses always shove their way in at the last second instead of doing it the mile before when it clearly says land ends soon...them immediatly after, there is a yield point that people seem to think is a regular merge lane, but there is no room for such, hence the giant yellow yield sign. Someone's gonna get hit there. All week, I see accidents on that streach of the 24. Please, TDOT, finish that construction!

13. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    And to add to Shannon's gripe: TURN SIGNALS!!!! Learn to use and use them EVERY time you change lanes. I don't let folks merge in front of me that don't.

14. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    i was thinking that too......i remember the 'good ole days' back living in oregon..... the hwy speed was like 60? lol and people knew how to drive.

then we moved here, our third day in.....got in a bad wreck cuz somekid decided to run the light.

i am a signal freak. i'm compulsive, too.hehe "must signal, MUST signal"......

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Okay, I can understand some people not knowing what the speed limit might be on a particular stretch of highway, especially when you're leaving or coming into downtown Nashville. However, if you see a police car during one of these times when you don't know the speed limit, the best idea would be to wait until you see the speed limit sign BEFORE you zoom past him. Twice now, I've had people pass me when I was doing 65 in a 55. Duh...

16. darthleppard

darthleppard Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    why are you doing 65 in a 55? just curious..
    ;)

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I don't have a radar gun for my car (few squad cars have mounted radar in Metro). I give people 10 over the limit before I pull anyone over or ticket them. The only way I can tell if someone's going 10+ over the limit is to do that speed myself and see everyone's relative speed.

18. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    And you do have proof of speedometer calibration to take with you to court...

19. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I must've left the speedometer calibration in my other uniform.

Anyway, new gripe... my apartment complex is "letting me go" as a courtesy officer. Nothing that I've done wrong -- it's being done corporate-wide. No more courtesy officer jobs anywhere on United Dominion properties. Kinda sucks, but it does give me more time to focus on my comedy career. Maybe even try to get "Dear Hama" printed in the Tennessean.

20. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    OUCH!!! :oops: Thats just plain stupid! 8-} I guess they would rather have the residents calling the local on duty police, than to rely on police officers that are working for a discount to reside in their complexes. Thats corporate America for you. I'm sure they had one bad experience with somebody else and are changing their coporate policy because of it. Will your officer's discount disappear immediately too? Or will they at least wait until its time for you to renew your lease?

At least your are looking at the bright side of it. Kudos!

21. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    Dylan always has a good attitude about most things.....I'm sure the apartment complex values him enough to keep his discount!
    If not, I'm sure there are others that will!

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Umm... no. I keep the discount for the month of March, but April 1st my rent jumps from $619/month to $764/month. And no more $500/month paycheck to help cover the rest, either.

I could probably look around at other complexes, but I think I'd rather do without a pager for a while. Plus, I hate moving (which I just did 18 months ago, and with a lot less heavy stuff). I've gotten all my debts paid off, and even managed to put a little away. So the rent isn't that big of an issue right now. I may end up looking at houses before too long, though.

23. jedichic07

Jan 28, 2002
    yes! buy a house! It is a great time to do so. I know for a fact that if you pay that much in rent you can buy a house or condo. Plus, it looks good to the ladies when a guy owns a home :)

24. SaberSpanker

SaberSpanker Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Mwarararrr! Yes houses is good. Heck, owning something is good! and impressive.

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, I'll gripe. I'd like to gripe about dogs that bring you presents...

Like dead bunnies! :_|

Our German Shepherd, who is the biggest coward ever brought a dead bunny into the house and hid under the desk with it. Guess what my feet touched when I sat down at the computer??

I think she must have scared it to death because there's no way she killed it. Maybe one of our cats killed it, one of them is mean enough... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.