main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Grumpy Moff's blog

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by bswb, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Ok, so this is a little off topic, but I asked one of our esteemed mods if I could post it here since we've got a great community and he gave me the thumbs up. Hey, it is Star Wars related and that's why I wanted to share with the 3NSers I've gotten to know over the past year.

Long story short, I've been looking to do some more creative writing (freelancing pays the bills, but it sure can be boring!) but I don't have time to hammer out a great big novel, so I thought I'd do a little satire of our beloved SW universe. As a creative writing exercise, I've started a blog with the main character as an anonymous grumpy Imperial worker:

http://grumpymoff.blogspot.com.

I've got a few different character arcs in mind, so it'll definitely be going somewhere, not just aimless blogging. There is a bit of PG-13 language, so it may not be for everyone, but I hope you find it amusing. If you like it, please pass it on to your fellow SW fans.

Feel free to PM me with any constructive criticism. Thanks!

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I liked it, thought it was funny.

(You may get more responses/constructive criticism in the fan fics section.)

3. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    (You may get more responses/constructive criticism in the fan fics section.)

Yeah, that's what I was figuring. Just wanted to share it with 3NS since this where I spent 95% of my time. :)

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ha ha ha, that gave me a good chuckle.

Kudos on the Death Star description by the Captain (never heard the Death Star described like THAT before) and the practical joke.=D=

5. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I like the image of the Emperor flanked by Vader and Tarkin during his "holonet press junkets."

6. DarthTickle

DarthTickle Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Is this by the same guy that did that Darth Vader blog? The Vader blog is great (just google "Darth Vader blog" and you'll find it).

7. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    No, the Vader blog is done by someone else. That one, along with several other fictional blogs (along with my itch to do some creative writing again) kind of inspired me to do this. I wanted to take an anonymous worker who could watch and interact with major events from the sidelines instead of being stuck within a certain character framework.

So far, people have enjoyed it and 3NSers have given me good feedback. Thanks guys and gals - I'm going to post this in Fan Fiction and brave the opinions over there. ;)

8. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Oh my. I love it. :D I even bookmarked it so I can come and read up on the happenings of the grumpy moff. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.