The 'Guests of CE' thread

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by DewbackRider88, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Agreed on John Mollo, Jamie. I have to pick a page from one of the OT Art of books I want him to sign now, will be tricky [face_thinking]

I'm pretty sure we will get some big named guests announced at some point. Someone I know got some insider info from C4, but until it's official I don't really feel happy posting it here, sorry :p

I find that it's very easy to put the guest list (so far) and prices out of context. But when you look at that list it's already a lot of names and a good bunch of them are pretty good. And it will get bigger and better. Sure it should have been handled better by Lucasfilm and no longer having Showmasters involved has lost some edge, but I'm hoping there's plenty of bite still left in the show, and let's not forget the very impressive list of Star Wars artists who will be attending, and of cause the FanArt exhibition which will feature work from the likes of Jamie Richards and Matt Skilton, in case of the former this could be the first time ever some artwork has been completed for public viewing ;)
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    TOS is reporting that Rick McCallum is coming to CE! You can check the story out here.
  4. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    That's great news, for me it's an endorsement of the event from Lucasfilm! maybe they do care after all! lol!
  5. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good to hear Rick will be there. He certainly knows how to present himself on stage.
    I was hoping for more guest announcements this week, but I think the real big hitters wont be announced until the 11th hour (1-2 weeks before the show, so in 2-3 weeks time from now) just so that no major disappoints occur with late cancellations.
  6. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A few moments ago I saw on the official CE page that Billy Dee Williams will be signing only on Sunday.
    Since Jedi Con 04 I'm not a big Lando fan anymore anyways but that he only will be there for sunday is quite upsetting.

Rumor has it that we probably will get info this week about 17 more guests. Also a few big names.
    I really hope so. The lack of info is disturbing ;)
  7. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Since it's my first convenction, I'm ok with the guest list so far. I hope to get a chance to meet the Jabba puppeteers. Don't know why, but a long time ago I saw a making of RotJ and the way they worked on Jabba really impressed me.
  8. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    I see you have to buy coupons to get an autograph, but are the official pictures handed out eligible for signing? What if I have a T-shirt or an action figure to sign?
  9. Ry_Grande Jedi Padawan

From what I understand, the coupons you hand over entitle you to one autograph. This can be on whatever you want (within reason), not just a photograph.
  10. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I was hoping there would be SW writers at CE. I would love to see Zahn, Denning, Stover etc. Karen Traviss could come, she lives close to London...
  11. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    hi guys,
    i've been knocking heads together over on the showmasters forums,where there's a general sense of apathy towards this event,even from die-hard fans,or so-called die hard fans...
    i just wish these knuckle-heads would chill out,sit back and wait for the announcements,instead of bleating on and on about the events non-apparant shortcomings.
    there are cries of blasphemy from the autograph hunting crowd,who seem to regard the lack of top flight guests as a personal slur on thier family,and religion...it's insane.
    to take offense at an event just cos one of the initially involved parties is no longer involved,to me seems like fandom suicide.
    are people really so short-sighted?
    i'm going to this event,cos it's a star wars event,and i would go if it was being organised by the hadleigh branch of the sea cadets,in their scout hut.

sorry,back to the thread...
    i'm trawling through ebay looking for a book from years ago that had some of john mollos sketches from star wars,beautifully reproduced.
  12. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have some of the original Art of books featuring John's work [face_batting]
    They's mine now, all mine!! ]-} < I wanted a Gollum-esque looking face and thought this was the closest to it.

As I also posted on another forum, the guest list is important but not the be-all-and-end-all. This is a Star Wars fan event, not an autograph hunters session. If it was just that, I'd find it very boring and a real waste of time and money. I want to attend panels, see artwork, props, SW themed events and dwell in general fandom and soak in the atmopshere, which in the end is the main thing for any celebration event and what it's all about.
  13. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    heck,so long as dave dorman is there...and he's no good at running,i'll be a happy bunny.
  14. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well I've seen plenty of people complaining that C4 was useless as well because they didn't get the autographs that they wanted, or that the Archive exhibit was too small. Personally I think they are missing a big part of what a celebration is, but that's just me.
  15. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm hoping there will be some stuff to keep me entertained, some panels/shopping/guests (probably most likely artists). But the biggest part of this show will be that there are many many fans altogether in one place, at one time, and you'll get the chance to meet them. But some official good stuff doesn't hurt lol.
  16. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    all those star wars fans in one place at the same time.
    i hope they don't lock the doors and run off.
  17. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just don't tell the Trekkers!
  18. Tethys Jedi Knight

star 1
    One of the update emails mentioned a LOT of shows about collecting Star Wars stuff - that's pretty much me set up from the off! :cool: I'm well excited about it but very gutted about Tem cancelling - I was looking forward to him. I'm sure there will be other chances though. I've waited ages for Ray Park too - yey! I saw Carrie at the Film and Comic Con last year which was ace but Hamill would be my ultimate.

I'm not worried about the lack of info on the Celebration Europe site - to be fair many people will have had their hands full until recently sorting out/mopping up C4. I expect the site to gain momentum now though. I just wish they would hurry and add to it as I want to plan my days! (And my money!)

x
  19. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    anthony daniels?
    don't mind if i do,thank you very much.
    lol!
  20. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The guest list has had a boost:
    Latest CE Guest announcements

They include:
    Jay Laga'aia - Captain Typhoo Tea (great guest)
    Jerome Blake - OTT thes who played Mas Amedda, Orn Free Taa, Rune in TPM
    Dave and Lou Elsey - Creature effects guys from Oz
    Garrick Hagon - Biggs Darklighter
    Nalini Krishan - Barriss Offee
    Richard LeParmentier - Admiral Motti
    Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca
    Mary Oyaya - Luminara Unduli
    Simon Williamson - Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Calamari
    Matt Wood - Grievous and Sound designer

Even the doom and gloom merchants are taking back their comments. And I hope there's more to come, ha! :D

21. Ry_Grande Jedi Padawan

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!

Mary Oyaya AND Nalini Krishan. 2 VERY sexy jedis

[face_love]
  22. ch-hala Jedi Padawan

Don't forget Julian Glover!
    General Veers!
    Win++
  23. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    ian macdairmid?
    really?
    but he's not signing!
    he must be strung up immediately,according to the *********** over on another board.
    how very dare he not do a signing,who does he think he is...?

but i bet turr phennir is crapping his pants right now.
  24. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's other boards, not ours :p
    Ian can do what he likes IMHO, it'll be nice just to see him make an appearance at a SW con. Autographs are just not the be-all and end-all for me. Meeting stars however is a huge bonus!
  25. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Especially if you can talk to them a bit or make a foto just because they came the right way at the right time. :D

Btw do you think there's any chance that some special guests do a signing for free? I remember the Jedi-Con 2004. There were some who take money and some signed for free. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.