main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Guests of CE' thread

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DewbackRider88, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i'm still not convinced by the steep,and it is a steep price tag,no matter what way you look at it.
    it's a lot of money to pay for someones signature,and from what someone just said about who insists on the price of his autos,a pretty obvious piece of ego-stroking.
    it's not like he's done anything since,is it...
    i'm being very,very cynical...sorry,it'll pass.

lol,yes i know,LT... first dave dormans print,now this...

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    A tin of reduced Baked Beans from Kwiksave is too expensive for you Jamie :p

All said and done, I doubt you'll pick up a Mark Hamil autograph for £85 at shows, and then there's always the risk it is a fake. Autographs also retain value a great deal more then most collectables, especially toys. I'm spending £75 on the Dorman print because I'm a fan and I see that as a snip. If I collected autographs, I'd be saying the same thing.

Well said Qui-Ton-Set, sums it up nicely as far as I'm concerned. You just needed the mastercard logo to finish it off ;)

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Is McDiarmid signing?
    And if so, how much is he charging?

4. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    He will only be there on the Friday.

5. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Wow, I was going to congratulate you all on Ian McDiamond, but Mark Hamill is a definite plus. I'd be jealous, but I almost never get to see any of the guests at media things I go to, no matter WHO it is. But Hamill should be a crowd pleaser. There are other potential guests I can think of....(Christopher Lee?).....but nobody's that lucky. [face_mischief]

6. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    i'm still not convinced by the steep,and it is a steep price tag,no matter what way you look at it.
    it's a lot of money to pay for someones signature,and from what someone just said about who insists on the price of his autos,a pretty obvious piece of ego-stroking.
    it's not like he's done anything since,is it...

Are you kidding me? While his sans-star wars major motion picture list may be a little light he did do The Big Red One with Lee Marvin and The Night the Lights Went Out In Georgia with Denis Quaid.

Regardless his resume of Voice Acting gigs has got to be a mile long. That is the career path he has choosen.

As for the ammount that is being charged, I know nothing about that and who is setting the price. I do know that in some cases signers aree given a flat fee and then a bonus when they reach a certain number of sales based upon how much over a number they go. the deal made with Mark, I do not know but I do know he needs to make enough money for it to be worth HIS time. Voice actors are no slouches when it comes to how much they make.

Another idea is that the event organizers may have jacked the price up to actually discourge peopel from purchasing them and thus cut down on the lines. Sad cause then only the extreme dedicated fans and the scalping scum will be able to get his autograph.

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Jamie, sure you ain't from the North? :p

8. jedigirl0

jedigirl0 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2007
    Although Mark Hamill is a great and much-needed addition to CE, there are also nobodies like Christian Simpson (no, me neither) signing. Apparently he was a stand-in on the UK unit.

I was hoping for Bodie Taylor who played the younger clones in AOTC as he is a rare signer but I guess no joy.

EDIT: On the Rebelscum and Moviestar forums they have posted photos Christian Simpson signs which are doctored photos of TPM pilots with himself inserted into the shot. Dodgy

9. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes I saw those doctored photos, how can Lucasfilm let him get away with it? Surely they dont know about it.

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Where's it say officially that Christian Simpson is on the list?
    And why such a witchhunt? Do you know him personally, because this is the first time I have seen the name or anyone annoyed at it lol!

I don't think Lucasfilm would approve anyone without verification, though mistakes do happen.

11. CARBONITEKID

CARBONITEKID Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    Can somone please post a link to these forums ( curiosity is getting the better of me).

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    lol, just seems very odd tbh. I think I'll pass on knowing what's going on :p

13. mafiamaul

mafiamaul Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2007
    yeh i was a bit worried too as i bought a pic off him at another show, then i went and found it and it IS an official lucasfilm print with him, natalie, ewan and ian mcdirmid. checked the thread at rebelscum and its revealed that he only uses official fotos but maybe a fan or his agent created an image of him in photoshop or summit - so yeh i'd agree with timbolton there seems to be some sort of personal witchhunt by one or two forum members based on basically nothing. as for why, i have no idea - maybe someone's got it in for him cos he was employed on 2 of the movies and they werent :_| but lets not go down the path to the dark side guys.

as for lucasfilm, this guy's been at official shows befoer i'm sure (can anyne find a link?) and was at memorabilia just this weekend but i havent even seen him announced for ce. someone foudn his official site and there are lots of offical fotos & links to lucasfilm interviews & magazine articles and a vip blog at starwars.com - which is owned by lucasfilm obviously, so they clearly are hapy with him or they wudnt have brough him back to work on ep3! i think it was christiansimpson.com or co.uk.

like someone else said at rebelscum, tehre are lots of minor characters who were small bits of the clockwork, but if they werent there then the rest of the machine wudnt run at all, so lets welcome everyone who helped bring these films we luv so much to life. i cant wait to meet some of the people announced already like barry holland who apparently was just an extra but got given a line 'you rebel scum'. how cool is that! its easy to feel jealous he got a line and we didnt, but its a much warmer feeling to embrace it and go meet him so he can share the feelin of being in star wars with you. 8-}

maf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.