The Guide To Better Posting: Updated For 2002.......Everyone Please Read

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthAttorney, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Welcome to The Guide To Better Posting (EUC Edition). This is an Index and Guideline thread in the vein of Jedi-Jade's Complete Idiot's Guide To EUC, although it's a little outdated now.

There's been some new rules recently set down by Kadue (this forums moderator) about Role Playing and thread sizes, as well his contact details and (in an effort to combat redundancy) an index of every Fan Club/Defence Force/Social/Game Thread already in existence.

So lets get to it :)

Kadue's Contact Details:
    PM: Click Here
    E-Mail: kadue@hotmail.com
    See also: An Introduction to the EUC Moderator

Spoilers In EUC:
    Like every forum, the EUC is considered spoiler-free in terms of information that pertains to Episode II: Attack of the Clones. No information that does not fit the guidelines for non-spoilers, should not be posted, or should have more than adequate space left, about a screen worth of blank space on each side is sufficient.
    In regards to spoilers from books, comics and other EU material, the same rules apply. Due to the fact that not all of these are released at the same time all over the world, information from a current release is still considered a spoiler for up to 2 months after it's release. No spoilers should ever appear in the title of a thread, and adequate warning should be given if you wish to use any of this in a discussion. Penalties for spoiling someone are severe.

Role Playing In EUC:
    Threads based in RP are not permitted in this forum and will be closed. All role play-related material have been relocated to the RPG forum :)

Thread Post Count Limits:
    Once a thread reaches between 5000 and 7500 posts, it will be asked to restart at a time that is most convienient (so as not to disturb a discussion in the middle of it). But if this does not happen, it will locked before it reaches 10,000 posts. This policy encourages new users to venture into threads they might not normally visit, free's up server space, decrease's the incidence of loading glitches and keeps threads fresh and relevant to the forum.

Problem Posts/Users/Threads:
    While reading through the forum, there is the chance that you may come across posts that contain offensive language, personal attacks (flames), inappropriate and/or spoiler material, or are just spam, along with users who are deliberately causing trouble. If you do see any of this, bring it to the attention of a moderator immediately via private messages. Do not assume that it will be seen and removed automatically, as not every post is scrutinised, and some might be accidentally missed. It is better for something to be reported by a number of people, rather than being left there because of the assumption that it will automatically be seen.

EDIT: Lord Bane and I are more than happy to pitch in for EUC too. So if anyone has any problems, it's (usually) safer to come to Kadue, LB or myself before you got to other any other mods who might not frequent EUC quite so often :)

Important JC Threads

* Welcome To The Forums

* Forum Rules And Regulations

* The JC Glossary

* Communications FAQ v4.0

* [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?top
  2. jadesaber2 Jedi Master

star 5
    :eek:

Someone has too much free time! :p

j/k

Excellent work, DA!
  3. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
  4. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Sheesh, someone REALLY wants to be a mod, huh DA? ;)
  5. Ben Kenobi Jedi Master

star 5
    Very nicely done, DA! :)
  6. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Good job, Darth Attorney. Useful stuff here.
  7. Rouge Null Jedi Knight

star 5
    interesting. Good for newbies and people coming off absences. But only for newbies and the recently absent.
  8. Padawan716 Jedi Master

star 6
    Don't see much info about posting better... which I could use...

;)
  9. Kadue Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks for this DA. :)

And Paddy, here's a tip, go lighter on the post button. ;)
  10. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks everyone :)

barns: :p ;)

Rogue Null: It's aimed at the new users here. There's been a huge increase in the number of users in this forum and they should all be made aware of what is and isn't acceptable over here.

P716: You're beyond help [face_laugh]
  11. Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan

star 4
  12. Kadue Jedi Knight

star 5
    Just added something in.
  13. farraday Jedi Knight

star 7
    The VD Force demands it be removed from the list of Defense Forces and be placed at the very top of the post in Big bold letters proclaiming itself the largest vowel movement on the net.

~The Leader
    'Can a man who even lima beans imitate ever be wrong?'
  14. Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thought I'd up this. It's a helpful thread and it wouldn't hurt to keep it on the first page.
  15. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
  16. Kadue Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yes, up. We're actually getting a few new people, so let's put this where they can read it.
  17. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Nice work, DA. I hope some (or rather, many) of the new people here read this.
  18. Fire_Ice_Death Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Burning the mods on a stake in every thread is also a helpful tool when posting.
  19. Kadue Jedi Knight

star 5
    Added some info about spoilers.
  20. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    People don't seem to know the rules around here anymore... seems like every time I sign on I see some "How rude" or major spoiler thread started or something! *sigh* I hope someone sees this...
  21. Padawan716 Jedi Master

star 6
    *clicks lightly on the mouse button*

;) :D

I clicked through most of those threads up there. I had too much time on my hands.
  22. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Up....specially for the chump who started the poll about Star By Star with the big fat spoiler in the title. :mad:
  23. maestrino Jedi Master

star 4
  24. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  25. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    This really needs to be on the front page. :D
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.