main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO The GuildWars Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zoom_Cthooga, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I have a new addiction I'd like to speak about.

It's called GuildWars.

Remember playing D&D? Ever get hooked on a MUD or MUSH back in college? GW is one of the games I would've made had I gone into game design instead of becoming a corporate monkey with wings and a little hat.

You have a few different classes to start as -- Warrior, Monk, Elemental, Ranger, Mesmer, Necromancer, and you can mix classes to create things like a Fire Elemental with a big pet bear. It's really neat-o.

While it's lacking on the huge amount of content, professions, and customization that Galaxies has, it's not lacking on fun, playability, and the best part -- no wild and crazy commitment. Most other MMORPGs have a monthly fee and stuff you need to maintain in-game like houses, factories, and shops. GuildWars is a drop-in, fight, play, and you can drop out and not have to worry about your shop falling apart while you're gone. It's also got NO monthly fee, and any characters you create can hop districts (servers) so you can play with your friends without having to start completely over on a server.

And the female toons are HOT. Right now my main character is a hot babe Necromancer named Cthulhiana Necrosis. She's a baaaaaaaabe. [face_love]

I give GW a thumbs up. I think JGoC, JKB, Kaety, and Darth_Nast_T might enjoy it.

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    it does sound fun. how much does it cost?

3. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I think it's still $40-50 depending on where you go. I might be able to finagle discounts at one of the shops in town since I've known one of the guys for a pretty long time.

Played...ummm...too much...last night. I finally got my hot necro-babe her second set of armor, a new warhammer of doom, and I figured out how to gather resources for crafting. I *think* that once she's completely leveled (she's 7, and I think max level is 70) that I'll be able to make everything, and any new toons I make on this account can use them. Yay.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Correction -- I'll be able to make everything that Necromancers can use. And I can't craft my first set of armor until I'm level 15.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    so its kind of like WoW without the monthly fee?

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm... no monthly fee...

But that means I'll have to divide the time I spend play WoW in two!!!!!!

The sacrafices you ask!!! :_|

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yer tellin' me! I have a Jedi in Galaxies. LOL.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Although, it would give me something to do when other people are playing the family's only copy of WoW.

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yes...

And the toons in the game are HOT!!! So much nicer than the backside of a Calamari.

[image=http://www.octomoose.net/gw/cthulhiana_necrosis-00.jpg] [image=http://www.octomoose.net/gw/cthulhiana_necrosis-01.jpg]

10. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    She looks familiar.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    You probably dream about her.

Cuz she's hot.

12. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    You're probably right...I dream about hot toon chicks every night...who knew being pregnant would make me a lesbian only while I sleep?

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And before my thread about a new video game goes completely into the gutter -- it's time for YOU to start writing books.

G'night folks!

14. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I tried out one of the Guildwars free weekends (i.e. beta test).

I would be fun... if a had a few gazzilion more hours in a day.

It seemed to be a bit thin on plot... Pretty much a kill and pillage sorta thing.

15. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    Not that there is anything wrong with the killing and pillaging thing, but a good plot is nice too.

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    the plot is to send the villagers over the snowy pass with only the clothes they wear. its kind of like a greeting card saying "your next. have a nice day :D " then see if your get invited over for tea.

wait, thats more of a plan than a plot....

17. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    So, how much protection does leather lingerie really provide?

Or is the idea to keep your opponent distracted long enough to bash him/her/it over head with that spiked-basketball-on-a-stick thingy?

18. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Although I didn't play on that beta weekend I did help design D_N_T's guild banner...that was fun! :p

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Now, the thing to remember is that lingere, especially the corsety kinds, usually have a base made of steel, which makes exellent armor, but an even better support system for... specific parts of a woman. :p

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Really, she doesn't need the armor. She's a necromancer, and has the ability of past girlfriends -- she can suck the life out of people. ROFL.

D_N_T...Yeah, a good plot would be nice. I've yet to find a game with one, though. :( Even as vast as Galaxies is -- 11 planets...40,500 cubic kilometers worth of space...you run out of stuff to do after you've wasted a couple nights worth of sleep. [face_plain] Under the new system, you can barely kill stuff at the same level for XP, so you almost always need a group.

I guess that means it's start to start a dice-based game. :D

21. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Cthulhu Dark Ages, maybe? Creepy, yet D&D style?

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    With corsets? :D

23. Darth_Nast_T

Apr 8, 2005
    I'm not sure an 'Old One' in a corset is my idea of hot...

(I'm starting to worry about you Zoom)

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Oo... Cthulhu in a corset. Kinky zoom... kinda makes me picture Cthulhu making an apearace at the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

25. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    Guild Wars is awesome, the elementalist is arguably the best class in the game, it deals more damage in one blow than any other other class, and its awesome because i can deal like 30 damage in one hit at level 4 and heal almost as much health whenever i cast any spell, its totally sweet.